• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rating/review system discussion

Yea you start splitting hairs at some point, but I'd figure a 4.0 is a course that definitely hits the navigation and challenge marks - we're talking awesome signage, a nice flow (doesn't necessarily have to play a loop), and has great variety in distance and shots needed. I don't throw many tomahawks and never throw rollers really, but I do like giving my FH a good workout. Even w/o all the bells and whistles, the total DG experience there. anything over that would be if it's also aesthetically pleasing and has just, all the amenities you could want. Restrooms help too sometimes. A reasonable fee isn't a problem either, but the key word is reasonable. Don't charge me $10+ for a place that isn't Blow-My-Socks-Off awesome or doesn't have basic amenities like a restroom or water fountain. I'm also just thinking out loud here.

phenomenal and best of the best seem hard to disambiguate... don't they?

once you get to 4.0, I have a hard time figuring what is what...

anyone else feel like that or... I mean, a course getting a 4.0 is a really great score... the last two pegs up (4.5 and 5.0) stop making as much sense to me... I also feel like some 5.0 scores are homerisms (home boy over-rated)... not all, but enough

I just feel like a 5.0 course is extremely rare and that 4.0 and 4.5 really cover it well enough... just thinking out loud here

The way I see it, anything I'd rate 4.0 or better should be "destination worthy" and capable of anchoring a DG road trip.
Working some decent to good courses in among the excellent courses is fine... but good courses aren't the reason I'm driving for hours. They just provide additional variety and fun way to break up the drive. When I'm travelling to play DG, I'm seeking excellence, not merely good.

Anyone who'd do that ought to have a spike driven through their _ head.

:hfive:

With the exception of courses missing altogether or being just impossible or too life threatening to play for whatever reason - which pretty much only rules out MAYBE 1% of courses...I agree with this statement. If you can't be bothered to play it at least once don't bother reviewing it.

I followed my son Alec around all week at AM Worlds. I did not actually throw a disc at west lake but I can tell you about every hole from long and short tees. I've considered marking it as played. Would you mark it as played?

I followed my son Alec around all week at AM Worlds. I did not actually throw a disc at west lake but I can tell you about every hole from long and short tees. I've considered marking it as played. Would you mark it as played?
No, because I didn't physically play it.

Not sure why people feel they need to pad their stats on something like this.

Someone had to take your place when you left. Still working on throwing that Zeppelin 300' though...

Not sure why people feel they need to pad their stats on something like this.
Some are so insecure about themselves, they feel the need to artificially pump themselves up to impress other interwebz wannabes. I suspect that eventually, their veil gets pierced, and they'll be exposed as a real d!ck.

Probably the same sort of motivation people have for masquerading as Veterans and that whole Stolen Valor thing - (entirely an order of magnitude more deplorable IMHO), but similar in nature in that someone is trying to attain respect they haven't truly earned.

Last edited:
Impressing people with a courses-played list is a thing?

I marked my list for my own convenience---to keep track of courses I'd visited, and distinguish them from ones I hadn't. And with the off chance that it'll spur conversation with someone from those places, who notice I've been there.

So my list includes a few that I played, but didn't play the entire course, for whatever reason (didn't like it, was injured as usual, etc.). Just to say, Yeah, I know that course.

Reviews are another matter, of course.

But even at that, I walked Perkerson with a group---while injured, yet again---and could have reviewed it fairly well, I think. It's in the gray area of whether I saw enough in one round, or would want to have a second round to be sure.

Now, if anybody's been dazzled by my courses-played list, padded by a few I didn't play entirely, they've been quite silent about it. Though I'm willing to apologize for misleading them with the half-dozen or so I checked that might not fit their criteria.

He at least throws on the course. The drool prevents him from getting decent snap. And don't hate because he's been on more different courses than you. He'll also never brag about how many courses he's "bagged".

Lies, he was totally bragging about his course count before he fell asleep in the van

I marked my list for my own convenience---to keep track of courses I'd visited, and distinguish them from ones I hadn't. And with the off chance that it'll spur conversation with someone from those places, who notice I've been there.

So my list includes a few that I played, but didn't play the entire course, for whatever reason (didn't like it, was injured as usual, etc.). Just to say, Yeah, I know that course.

But even at that, I walked Perkerson with a group---while injured, yet again---and could have reviewed it fairly well, I think. It's in the gray area of whether I saw enough in one round, or would want to have a second round to be sure.

Now, if anybody's been dazzled by my courses-played list, padded by a few I didn't play entirely, they've been quite silent about it. Though I'm willing to apologize for misleading them with the half-dozen or so I checked that might not fit their criteria.

This is why I've only reviewed two courses. Quality over quantity. I'm waiting for someone to notice so I can go from Ace Member to I Think I'm Important!

I figured that since the button says "Mark as played" that I wouldn't add it to my list of played courses. I also thought that any of us that has watched a tourney vid could say that we know every hole on that course too, but it wouldn't seem right to mark it as played. I decided that I need to actually play at least 3/4 of a course before I will mark it as played.

Latest posts