• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Rattler

scottritta22

So recently i have been toying with the idea of picking up a discraft Rattler, anyone have any experience throwing one?

I have a worn in rattler that I got from a friend. It's my #1 putter. I don't use it if I'm any more than 25 feet away but within that its golden. I have no clue how a brand new one would fly.

I've had one in my bag for a month or two now and it's awesome. they are great for long upshots and fast/tight greens where accuracy is king. it flies super slow and doesnt skip much, just sits down where it lands. I don't use mine for 'pure putting' but for certain lines and downhill greens it is invaluable.

Was my very first putter (due to mark ellis youtube recommendation) and I found it extremely wind sensitive so moved over to a magnet and been using that since. Probably has a place in the bag though once you have some experience for reasons mentioned above if thats what you need.

the Mark Ellis review is what made me think about getting one, cause i think thats what i'm missing in my bag, a go for it disc from '75 to '30, i think i might pick one up

It has a feel very similar to an Ultimate Frisbee disc, just a smaller diameter. A friend of mine who comes from an Ultimate background swears by it. Seems like a good transition disc from Ultimate to Disc Golf.

In those reviews, Mark says it has almost no glide and just drops, yet blake says it has a lot of glide. I guess people have different definitions on glide.

mark also says u have to nose it up..im guessing blake is running hard at the chains and not nosing up..just my $.02

Dang, that Mark Ellis review makes it sounds like a short Comet... and who was it here throwing Rattlers 300+ feet? Between those things, I am sort of wanting to try a rattler.

Dang, that Mark Ellis review makes it sounds like a short Comet... and who was it here throwing Rattlers 300+ feet? Between those things, I am sort of wanting to try a rattler.

it is like a shorter comet for sure. they are very stable out to 200'. very straight but with reliable fade outta the box.

i think it was dstearns who threw one 300'+ but it was on a downhill hole. still a good throw.

I love having mine in the bag. My form isnt all that clean so I tend to turn it over when it gets past 150 feet. The more I work with it the better it gets. You have to be willing to put the work in with this disc becouse it can be a little touchy until you get used to it.

even just out to 150' they are still great, farther than that is nice but it may be easier to throw a faster putter at that point. just depends on the line and the target/green.

I've thrown one over 300, they need A LOT of height and it is NOT anywhere near reliable at that distance, but under 250 they're are very straight, I hit chains on a 250ish hole last year with one.

Just read the review link, man that Ellis sure knows how to sell a disc, regretting giving mine away now.

Just read the Mark Ellis review, anyone else surprised a Discraft sponsored player calls their baseline plastic DX and not Pro D?

Latest posts