• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] RDG Gila: Overstable Mid

Can't wait to try this thing. I have wanted a fossil mid since I got my first Scale.

Gilas and Comets. Sounds about right to me.

Mmmmmm....

A top player throwing a roc3 or a roc would probably be sponsored by innova. Those discs both have beads, no? So, you're right. Definitely no comets in an innova bag. But the ones throwing the compass would be...well, you know.

Better off throwing comets.

The Gila is gonna be awesome.

Last edited:
Can you imagine how much better he would be if he threw a Gila/comet combo?

Oh..

My.

Glob.

Or even you. Imagine how much better you would be if you threw comets. And gilas.

Yo, do you guys have an idea for a specific blend of fossil for this? Like, extra fossil-y?

Last edited:
Can you imagine how much better he would be if he threw a Gila/comet combo?

Oh..

My.

Glob.

Or even you. Imagine how much better you would be if you threw comets. And gilas.

Yo, do you guys have an idea for a specific blend of fossil for this? Like, extra fossil-y?

I'd be happy with a grittier version of the SGS Warriors that I had Dave run.

Something stiff but probably not rock hard.
I want it to be able to hit a tree and not taco.

I almost bought a replacement Hornet, while they're still available, but am holding out for the Gila.

Since we're talking about other molds and dreams anyway, when do I get a fossil demon? :)

I'd be happy with a grittier version of the SGS Warriors that I had Dave run.

Something stiff but probably not rock hard.
I want it to be able to hit a tree and not taco.

Yes, do that please. I love those SGS Warriors but a little grittier would be fantastic.

That run of sgs warriors has been my favorite mid to date. So Dave is running the warrior with this new core? How will this change the flight, and will he continue to produce the current warrior?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Roc and Buzzz are the height of midrange technology. Everything else is a knockoff or tweak of those two.

The Roc, Buzz and GILA are the height of midrange technology. Everything else is a knockoff or tweak of those two.

;)

I am a Roc guy. I can't wait to pair my seasoned Rocs with a few Gila the way Brinster does with his Rocs/Sentinels.

I've always enjoyed having a Warrior in my bag for windy shots, sharper hyzers and forehands. The Gila takes that enjoyment and makes it a passion by adding that added stability.

;)

I am a Roc guy. I can't wait to pair my seasoned Rocs with a few Gila the way Brinster does with his Rocs/Sentinels.

I've always enjoyed having a Warrior in my bag for windy shots, sharper hyzers and forehands. The Gila takes that enjoyment and makes it a passion by adding that added stability.

No doubt, that's why I mentioned tweaks, which for me is what the Gila is. Taking the Roc/Sentinel and tweaking it to make a different or "better" mold. For me discs like the Truth, Mace, and Ghost are just knockoffs.

The warrior is definitely more overstable than I anticipated, both in baseline and premium. Easily a full step above a wasp or any kc roc imo. They're downright beefy.

I love it. To me, this indicates that the "sweet spot" of the mold when seasoned will likely be slightly more overstable than a roc sweet spot.

So if you guys are gonna modify this to maintain hss as it wears as much as possible, then I'm even more on board than before. I haven't beaten in my warriors yet since I just got them, but a cycle of similar mids with a bead added would be awesome. Even more awesome than I initially realized.

What are you thinking of or hoping for as far as timeline goes?

Last edited:
Okay, I've calmed down some, got out this weekend and threw the blue protos a little more and I am really liking the flight......................but I have not been a big fan of my mids in premium plastic (one for over-stable duties is sufficient, but no more then that). I am really looking forward to beating in the fossils..........

Latest posts