• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] RDG Croc: Stable Mid-Range

Hit chains off the tee with my Croc today. Hole 16 (Shorts) at Giles Run. A nice little 289' downhill open shot. 8 o'clock release, it flipped right up flat, glided out about 250' perfectly straight on a line about 25' right of the pin, slowed down and faded gently just touching (I believe, couldn't tell exactly where it hit, just heard the jangle) front side chains as it came across. Bummer. Thought it had a chance, but wound up being nothing more than just another two.

That being said, that slow glidey perfectly straight flight on downhill drives is just so pretty and has become my favorite shot to throw on any given course now. Its a very cool kind of antithesis to the semi-violent first phase flight of the Gila.

hit chains with my glow croc today. 220' dead straight. absolutely unreal chainout right side.

The #2 Driver was the F-15 Eagle, it's a really really ancient mold. It's a bit of a mid top/fairway driver wing hybrid with a Cyclone-ish diameter. It was always a longer Roc. People wouldn't throw them because of the stupid disc golf politics of the day, but they were missing out. It was a great disc. And...it floated. :p

#2 Driver was like a slower XL.

The #2 Driver was the weirdest disc trade I ever made. Anybody remember Midnightbiker? Midnightbiker wanted to try a Magnet and I had one to trade. He only had a few discs and I didn't really need anything, so I traded him for the disc he was least likely to throw again. It ended up being a #2 Driver. I threw it exactly once, it was on a flooded hole at West Park in Festus. It landed in the clear but the ground was nothing but mud and it tombstoned in. I just picked it up, didn't clean it off and put it back in the bag. About a year later Midnightbiker asks if he can have the #2 Driver back, he started throwing on a course with water and wanted a floater. I traded him for an Qmega, sent it back to him mud and all. So I guess I traded a Magnet for a Qmega?

I tried to figure out how to loop the story back to a Croc but I failed. :(

Last edited:
The #2 Driver was the weirdest disc trade I ever made. Anybody remember Midnightbiker? Midnightbiker wanted to try a Magnet and I had one to trade. He only had a few discs and I didn't really need anything, so I traded him for the disc he was least likely to throw again. It ended up being a #2 Driver. I threw it exactly once, it was on a flooded hole at West Park in Festus. It landed in the clear but the ground was nothing but mud and it tombstoned in. I just picked it up, didn't clean it off and put it back in the bag. About a year later Midnightbiker asks if he can have the #2 Driver back, he started throwing on a course with water and wanted a floater. I traded him for an Qmega, sent it back to him mud and all. So I guess I traded a Magnet for a Qmega?

I tried to figure out how to loop the story back to a Croc but I failed. :(

TLDR; the Croc rulez.
you're welcome:D

Is the Croc the only old Lightning mold RDG is using? I'm very interested in checking some premo plastic Lightning out.
If i were to add a Croc to my all Lightning bag would it still be an all Lightning bag?

Latest posts