• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recent Reviews for the whole day

The only question I have is, is there a way that when you are writing a review, that if it happens to take longer than 5 to 10 minutes it won't log you off automatically? Sometimes I am still writing or revising and then when I click finished, it says I am not logged in and I have to redo it. Usuall I will write my pros, save it, then go to edit and finish. Is there a better way or am I doing it the best way?
Either way, I still love you sight.
I had a problem with with getting logged off during a review myself. I wrote the review for Watson Trail Park three times because of this. I noticed it happened whenever I used the Google spellcheck feature, so I started writing reviews in Word and cut and pasting them onto this site. Then we switched from Explorer to Firefox and I don't remember being kicked off since.

The only question I have is, is there a way that when you are writing a review, that if it happens to take longer than 5 to 10 minutes it won't log you off automatically? Sometimes I am still writing or revising and then when I click finished, it says I am not logged in and I have to redo it. Usuall I will write my pros, save it, then go to edit and finish. Is there a better way or am I doing it the best way?
Either way, I still love you sight.

Well you certainly shouldn't be getting logged out. If you click the "Remember Login" checkbox when logging in you should never get logged out of the site on that particular computer unless you click log out. If you don't check that box, you should stay logged in until you close your browser.

There isn't a lot I can do on this end as it sounds like some sort of cookie/cache issue with your browser. Which browser and what version of it are you using?

If you're using IE, check your security settings. Maybe they're too high and you aren't getting the session cookie or something.

Another data point: I've been logged into DGCR continuously for three months without getting logged off. Same scenario on two different computers. Even after I reboot my PC my DGCR login survives. I'm using Firefox.

Well I am doing this from my school computer so who knows......... I probably should be teaching my
1st graders but oh well. = )

Tim, in addition to having the older tab listed for courses from today, is there a way to stretch the older column to include courses from the past 2-3 days? There are a ton of reviews coming in daily, and I if don't check the site for a day or 2, I miss a lot of those reviews on the main page. I figure it will help everyone if they stay on the main page a little longer before getting the boot.

Along that same line, I still like this idea...
How about making "Recent Reviews" a clickable link that takes you to a page where you can see a list of every review posted in reverse chronological order? It would include review date, course name, city, and rating. Maybe 25 displayed per page.
Also, maybe add the thumbs up/down votes to the chronological list.

I'm not sure if I want to advertise the review "helpfulness" rating so blatantly. Obviously it's visible in the reviews area but it's more of a foot note than a highlight.

As for expanding the amount of days the recent reviews box has, I'll look into it. I don't think it would be very hard to do. The only issue is the buttons would be there all the time which I guess isn't all that bad.

Suggestion; In the Recent Review section, is there a way to add the Course being reviewed's location (City and State)? On the fron page. The State/City is clear in the top ten reviewed, but in the recent reviewed one has to open it up to tell location unless they are familar with the area. Just thought that would be a cool addition.

If you hover over the course name the location will pop up in a tool tip. That's the best I can do at the moment since space is pretty tight on the homepage. One of these days I'll have to sit down and play with the layout and see if I can somehow expand that area out a bit more.

I made it so the recent reviews now goes back two days. I also added a little date indicator so you know when each review was written (in EST).

Great feature and it was a subtle and welcomed way of doing it.

Great!

Love the addition. I didn't know you could tell the location like that. Was that always that way or new? Either way fantastic. That works and nothing more needs to be done in that area.

Latest posts