• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommended courses on 95?

Buzzhenn

Bogey Member
Making a road trip from Raleigh, NC to Baltimore, MD in a couple weeks. Any recommendations on which courses to hit on the way up (and back). Looking to play 2 or 3 on each leg of the trip.

Thanks in advance!!

Buzz

on the way up: BLOCKHOUSE!!!!
on the way home meet frankD at Zebulon and Bluemont is a quick nice 9 holer,

Rockburn is less than 5 minutes off I-95 just short of Baltimore. Giles Run might even be closer to the highway and is just before you get to DC. Both are very good courses but both are easy to lose discs at, so bring a couple sacrificial discs in case you wind up in some of the bad rough. That said, I'd hit up Blockhouse which is 15 min or so from the highway, two championship 18 hole loops and the famous Tiki course.

It's been a while since I've been to Raleigh, I remember enjoying Cedar Hills down there.

The Blockhouse DEFINITLEY 3 18 hole courses + awesome atmosphere epic
Bryan Park
Done

Patapsco is maybe a half-hour from Rockburn, and well worth it.

Thanks for all the replies. Patapsco is already in the plan as it is 15 minutes or so from where we are staying. I would like to stick to 18 holer's, I've never really enjoyed a 9 hole course. 3 courses in one stop could be interesting, I'll have to look into that a little more.

I and aggreen both appreciate all the input. We hit the Blockhouse (58 on the Sunnyside, 67 on the Darkside) on the way up on Sat, Patapsco (57 short to short, 79 on the "Green Monster") on Sun, and Bryan Park (57 from the shorts) on the way back today. We were talking the whole way back about the next trip up. Glad we could experience courses outside our comfort zone, and I got an achievement for playing 50 courses with the 4 on this trip. Thanks again to the DGCR family for providing the intel.

Also shot a 45 on the Tiki course at the Blockhouse. Unfortunately we were there during the day and didn't get the full effect. The motor on hole #1 was burnt out so it wasn't spinning and Tiki man was facing the tee, hit him square in the face.

Glad you had a good trip. Rock burn is well worht a visit next time you go that route. Pads suck, but it's a cool round. Sorry you had to be stuck with aggreen in a car that long! Tell him I hear discombobulated owns him right now.

Seneca Creek State Park
Gaithersburg, MD

A must play course if you're in the greater DC area!
27 holes of awesomeness. :thmbup:

Yep, Bryan Park. It's just north of downtown Richmond right off the highway and a beatiful place to throw.