• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Record your SCORES

All my rounds prior to joining this site are in a master excel sheet. Since I joined the site I've started recording my rounds in the tracker and I do like it, but I also like having them in an excel sheet on my computer. With the new updates coming soon though I am really excited to track how I do this summer.

I have been tracking scores on my home course in an excel spredsheet also. However I enter all other scores here. I guess I have devided loyalties.

i just recored every round on a planner then convert them to here so all of my rounds that i have played since joining the site so far are recored in the score book

I am recording all my rounds which is not so many lately. i always keep score even when by myself. I don't keep it on paper as I go so I use the quick score feature. I can remember +4 with 2 pars and 6 bogies but I won't always remember the specific holes.

If I only recorded my best rounds I would feel dishonest, like I was trying to make myself look like a better player than I actually am.

I am working on an advanced score stats page which may entice more people to enter scores. I have all the information in the database and new info is recorded as you add your scores to the site. I have to work on making it readable/easy to look at it. It is mostly hole-by-hole averages and stats broken down by tee.

I am also recording all that info on the course level as well. The statistics fans will probably have a field day with all these numbers.

Sounds awesome. I have kept track of all my rounds since joining the site.

I don't record all my scores, not even a tenth of them. However, I do make a conscience decision before I play whether I will keep score regardless of how good or bad my round goes.

I record rounds on the scorebook that I was taking serious, like tag challenges, leagues, and tournament rounds, but I only started using this feature a couple weeks ago.

Recent tournaments involved several ice bowls with mulligans, so I did not feel like I should add them, being I used said mulligans...

Thanks to the time change and the warmer weather, maybe I'll get more of these rounds in, especially at courses I haven't recorded yet...

I enjoy recording my rounds, but I'm not religious about it. Some days I'll get frustrated and then, as a defense mechanism, lose count of my score. Other days I'll intend to come home and record my scores on the site, but by the time I get home, something else is vying for my time, and then I forget what my scores were. I don't bring paper scorecards with me, so I have to rely on memorization. This means it's easy to forget what I did. But yeah, I really do like the feature. Maybe someday soon I'll get or make a paper scorebook so I can keep better track of things like putts and such. :cool:

I usually just carry a small memo-pad with me to record my throws and putts (and penalty shots ;)).

I have been trying to record every round i play in the scorebook, good, bad or indifferent. I have even gone back where I could (read: find old scorecards) and entered rounds from before I joined the site. As a player who has only been playing for a year, I like being able to see the improvement (or not, depending on the round :) ) as the weeks go by. I say record all of it. I've played days where my first round was awesome, the second sucked, at the same course. If you're playing a "practice round", just make a note of it in the scorebook. I'd like to start using the notes option more myself, to track "tried a thumber shot here" or whatever as it relates to a score.

Also, a hole by hole stats average would be cool. I know there are numerous threads speaking to pars, and it would be great to have a DGCR hole average listed on the course info...what is actually being thrown on a given hole, regardless of par.

I usually just carry a small memo-pad with me to record my throws and putts (and penalty shots ;)).

Ahh yes - the true die hards! Penalty shots count too - water, out of bounds, lost disc.....

I guess I have not been playing long enough to discern casual play from serious play..... I always have fun and only go when I really want to play. I have yet to take the game so serious that I lose my cool (learned that from that silly stick and ball game :) ) I always try to focus on a shot - after all I am trying to get it to go in the basket. The only way I will know how I stack up against others is to either play a round with them, play in a tournament, or compare my score with theirs.

I track everything on an excel spread sheet as well, but that's only becuase I don't see a download stats feature yet that allows me to export the website data to my computer to back it up (maybe timg could add that?) I would just hate to lose my data by only having it on a server someone else controls. It takes me all of 5 minutes at most to record a round in both locations - I spend more time trying to figure out which holes I did better on than last time than i do recording scores :cool:

Also, a hole by hole stats average would be cool. I know there are numerous threads speaking to pars, and it would be great to have a DGCR hole average listed on the course info...what is actually being thrown on a given hole, regardless of par.

This would be a great feature - I imagine this is a time consuming one for timg though. I'm good with the course average for now if everyone will just track scores. Maybe it's just Kansas City that has the slackers.....:cool:

I find myself compelled to use the notes section, although I don't know why being I'm probably the only person that reads them haha

lucky for me, I have a pretty good memory, so I can usually remember several rounds at a time for a few days long enough for me to get them into the scorebook

To address a few of the above posts:

Hole-by-hole averages, stats, etc. are what the advanced stats will be. I finished the guts of it over the weekend so I have the average score, # of birdies, # of times played, etc. for every hole (by tee) both on a course level and an individual level. So you can see that on Course "A" you average a 3.2 on hole #1 from the red and a 4.1 from the golds. You can see those same stats on the advanced stats page for a course to get an idea of what all players average from that tee, how many total birdies there have been, etc.

Regarding exporting data it's something I'll probably look into down the road. If it makes you feel any better, the entire site, photos and all, is backed up off-site every 24 hours so the data is definitely safe. I pay extra for that service for my piece of mind so should anything horrible happen I could have the site back up and running fairly quickly with a minimal loss of data.

As far as notes go, those are mainly for yourself.. at least that's what I use them for.

I'm excited to hear about additional stats being available soon on the scorebook. I'm a stats junkie. Man, I wish I had access to this site for recording rounds back when I started 6 years ago. I've got all my rounds in here since July '08 though.
Something that would be really cool is to see a line graph of your progression on a course over time, or just a general progression of average scores.
It would also be really cool to be able to print reports from scorebook.

I've got every round I've ever played recorded here.

Me too! :)

If I only recorded my best rounds I would feel dishonest, like I was trying to make myself look like a better player than I actually am.

I feel somewhat like that too... like I'd be skewing the averages. The "outlier" argument doesn't really apply in this case because I don't think there are many people out there only recording their bad rounds to balance out the offset of "just the personal bests".

Recent tournaments involved several ice bowls with mulligans, so I did not feel like I should add them, being I used said mulligans...

For mulligan rounds I do one of two things.

If the mulligan was on a putt that I missed I'll record the score +1 and note that I used a mulligan to save a stroke on that hole.

If the mulligan was used on a drive where I can't really determine what my score would have been without the mulligan I'll record the round as "Custom" in the scorebook. That way I have it in my records, but it won't count towards any DGCR averages.

I track everything on an excel spread sheet as well, but that's only becuase I don't see a download stats feature yet that allows me to export the website data to my computer to back it up (maybe timg could add that?) I would just hate to lose my data by only having it on a server someone else controls. It takes me all of 5 minutes at most to record a round in both locations

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!! I track in a spread sheet as well for that very reason.

Regarding exporting data it's something I'll probably look into down the road. If it makes you feel any better, the entire site, photos and all, is backed up off-site every 24 hours so the data is definitely safe. I pay extra for that service for my piece of mind so should anything horrible happen I could have the site back up and running fairly quickly with a minimal loss of data.

That's fine for a site/server problem. But... what if something really horrible happened and you weren't able to maintain the site. Near as I can tell DGCR is a one-man operation and despite being one incredible site I need that personal insurance that my score history is also in my possession. Cast another vote for Scorebook export.

ERic

Where to go

Tim, don't know where to go to record scores.Thru a +8 at Flip City today on 22 holes.15 and 16 looked like a long haul,but the snow is leaving.T pads are pretty clear.Snow on 6,7,11,12 and the alternates,but no ribbons.I kicked my son's a$$ today so life is good.

Latest posts