• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recovering discs from trees?

What do you use to knock discs out of trees?

• Baseball

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • Golf ball

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Tennis ball

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rock/Stick (whatever you can find)

Votes: 80 46.5%
  • Tape Measure

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 25.6%

• Total voters
I carry a couple golf balls but a lot of the time I just shack the tree or throw another disc. Honestly I don't tend to get disc stuck in trees that much, they tend to just fall out. Maybe the tree don't like my plastic.

My buddy has a telescoping fishing pole he got off eBay. It is about 15 ft when fully extended. It weighs almost nothing and fits in his grip bag.

He has knocked at least 30 discs down. It is the goods

I give a dollar to the first kid to get it out of the tree. It also works when you throw the disc into shallow water hazards like the ones we have in Phoenix.

i clicked other, i use a water bottle. i only use the plastic sport top ones out there tho cuz ive bursted an aluminum one throwing it up there like that.

Golf ball. Have used a tape measure though. I always have one in the truck. A good one will reach 15-20 feet if you go straight up. Farther if you can rest it on a lower limb. If all else fails I can climb like an old fat monkey.

I voted for Rock but in Am Nats this year my 70 Y/o Dad climbed 2 trees for me :) In Bowling Green, in the finals, I got 2 circle 3's because of the 2-m rule and trees so close to the baskets. Both of them I climbed for. Climb tree is a good choice but not available.

images

I usually have a baseball but lately have been carrying this. Since I've been carrying this though, I haven't had to use it.

slingshot.jpg

whats the matter? you cant throw a baseball so you tie a rope through it.... so its easier to throw...? what...?:wall::doh:

No. When you miss the first time with the ball, it goes over the other side of the branch. If you made your rope long enough, you pull both sides and the branch bends down, releasing your disc.

Best thing I've seen was a metal bike peg. Small enough to be in your bag comfortably yet heavy enough to do the job.

I have a baseball with a hole drilled through it and a light rope through it.

whats the matter? you cant throw a baseball so you tie a rope through it.... so its easier to throw...? what...?:wall::doh:

No. When you miss the first time with the ball, it goes over the other side of the branch. If you made your rope long enough, you pull both sides and the branch bends down, releasing your disc.

WOW. Someone has put alot of thought into this. Sounds like your game and mine are at the same level. :D

I did that once after getting 2 other baseballs stuck.
Then the rope and ball got stuck in the crotch of a branch.
So I stood out there like an idiot, next to the busiest street in town, pulling on a 50' rope stuck up in a tree.
Meanwhile, my disc was still stuck.
I went home, grabbed a ladder and a pocket knife, and climbed up as high as I could get (without falling and becoming the injured idiot laying next to the ladder under the rope stuck in the tree beside the busiest street in town), cut the rope, and went home to order a replacement disc.
A few days later, after a windy night, I drove by on my way to work and saw my disc laying on the ground.
Later on I found one of the baseballs.
I think the rope is still stuck in the tree.

Latest posts