• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing Custom Stamps

Winkler707

I bought some used discs a little while ago, and both of them have custom stamps on them. The kind that are similar to super-color stamps, that some pro shops can print. I was hoping to put my own custom dyes on them, but I'm not sure how to remove the custom stamps. A buddy of mine tried to get a custom stamp off a disc with acetone and all it did was fade it a little.

Does anybody have any suggestions on removing these color stamps?

^ when they have been left on longer sometimes it's harder. I think Goo Gone is a little bit better then Aceatone but that just me.

My question would be how he tried to remove it with the acetone? the reason i ask is because I know I had some that were tougher to remove than others, but after i dipped a q-tip in the acetone it was nice. you can scrub a little harder if the letters are wide enough since you're not actually subjecting the plastic itself to the chemical, just the stamp. if it's colored, though, make sure you follow it up with a something dry in case you "color outside the lines" so to speak. how were you going about applying the acetone?

**edit** sorry, forgot to mention you would only scrub ON the letters themselves with the q-tip.

also, i didn't know about the brake cleaner. will try that in the future as well.

Last edited:
Kodachrome, the issue was that the acetone wouldn't cut the material the custom stamp is made of, it's not the same stuff manufactures usually stamp with. I'll be trying the brake cleaner soon, I'll post how it works.

Well the brake cleaner didn't work at all, I think it's mostly diluted acetone. The best thing I found is to soak the disc in strait acetone for about 5 minutes at a time then scratching at it with my fingernail.

My next step is going to be to try using a different thinner maybe, and using a scrub pad, the soak and fingernail technique is pretty slow.

Does anybody know what this stamp material is made out of, it's pretty durable?

Latest posts