• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Renaissance Park - You have to see this course to believe it!

Youngblood

Not sure how many of us are local to Charlotte, North Carolina but I played the course at Renaissance Park yesterday and was in awe of the design of that course. The most challenging course I have seen! Granted I am new player but I spoke with quite a few who are quite advanced and they admit this course is a challenge to them.

I am shocked that this is not a pay to play course as it would be worth it! The time and effort put into this course is mind boggling. You will be throwing over creeks, boulders, ravines and be warned any errant shots will cost you BIG TIME!

Best of all there is a pro-shop that offers free maps and score cards for the course (recommended). As I learned rather quickly this course is NOT for beginners but would challenging all the way up to the pro level.

This course is worth the drive! Come check it out!

i played it when i was in charlotte back in november and was still pretty green, and it whooped my butt (gold layout)...

i don't remember any pro shop though...

Played it in October when I was up for the USDGC.
It is an awesome course that will challenge you at any level. Pick up the Clash at Renny DVD and watch it kick some pro butt.

Park is slowly beginning to become my favorite in the area. Hornets Nest still gives it a good run though. :cool:

Renny is one of my favorite courses to play. It has everything (elevation,tunnel shots,distance holes,accuracy holes,etc.) The course challenges every part of your game. Beats me down everytime.

I travel down to Charlotte to play a lot. They've got a boat-load of epic courses down there & great club support.
I got the same feeling the first time I played Renny. It's pretty impressive!

I played Renny Gold 3 months into disc golfing and it absolutely bent me over. Watching that Clash DVD of Renny Gold and seeing pros struggle out there - well except for Johannsen, but I'm pretty sure he lives on the course - speaks volumes.

It's the hardest course I've ever played, and my list includes the (rightly) revered DeLaveaga out here in Santa Cruz, CA.

If I want a challenge I prefer Hornets Nest's Web layout (or Nevin for that matter) over goin' down to Renny. Renny just doesnt let me enjoy DG.

ive played renny 60= times and still havent broken par...ive shot below par on both stumpy and nevin.renny is where you go when you need the challenge, or when you think you are playing well....go to renny it will test you every time

I still think stumpy creek is the hardest course i've played in NC

Alan A., Stan, and I appreciate it! Final 3 pads will be poured SATURDAY!!!!

Thanks Iredell County Parks and Rec for the funds for the concrete and David McCraw for organizing the boyscout labor.

PS. I think Nevin and Renny Gold are harder to get par, Stumpy is the most tiring I've played in NC. I think from the singles event we had there a 1000 rated round would be in the -4 to -5 range. I think MJ shot -8 or -9. 1000 rated at Renny and Nevin are in the -2 to -3 range.

"ive played renny 60= times and still havent broken par...ive shot below par on both stumpy and nevin.renny is where you go when you need the challenge, or when you think you are playing well....go to renny it will test you every time

Its hard to throw all thumbers on 1000' holes. Learn a backhand!! or better yet, go cut stuff for me to haul at Eastway.

How's Renny doing these days? Anything going on this weekend? Everyone still think it's a poor choice for beginners?