• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Resetting Reviews

Should a renovated course get a fresh start?

• Yes

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
I don't know whether the top priority of this site is maximizing traffic or something else, but IMO, anything you can do to make the review/rating information current and accurate is big plus. I think the just the single course filter would be worth a premium.
You can already filter reviews for a single course in a variety of ways.

Perhaps there could be an additional page link added that describes course improvements with relevant dates. Then reviewers could have better timeline to go by.
Or better yet, a link to an archives vault for out of date reviews, for the historically inclined.

Perhaps there could be an additional page link added that describes course improvements with relevant dates. Then reviewers could have better timeline to go by.
That's pretty much the milestone idea.

You can already filter reviews for a single course in a variety of ways.
Yes,I know, just saying that is a feature worthy of being an add-on option for premium members or better yet, require users to become members and review a course before accessing it. Again, I can't really say if this is a good idea or not, without knowing what our goals are.

Last edited:
Mando, you know how much I loved Sugaree, I am a five disc reviewer, so I know how hard it must be to see old reviews.

I was looking at the reviews for the course, and saw that there was only one below a 4. A 3.5. The things he included are no longer true. It sucks. It really does. Getting rid of it would boost your rating. Getting rid of all the reviews before you put in the awesome baskets, cleared out the fairways to perfection, and more, would definitely help your course. But, I think there are certain things that courses do to improve that make a course improve. Not many of the reviews of yours should be deleted, some should be updated to convey more accurate information, but for the most part, it is accurate compared to a lot of other courses. I really did appreciate Sugaree. Don't let those old reviews define the course, because it is a five now. But you can always make improvements.

Mando, you know how much I loved Sugaree, I am a five disc reviewer, so I know how hard it must be to see old reviews.

I was looking at the reviews for the course, and saw that there was only one below a 4. A 3.5. The things he included are no longer true. It sucks. It really does. Getting rid of it would boost your rating. Getting rid of all the reviews before you put in the awesome baskets, cleared out the fairways to perfection, and more, would definitely help your course. But, I think there are certain things that courses do to improve that make a course improve. Not many of the reviews of yours should be deleted, some should be updated to convey more accurate information, but for the most part, it is accurate compared to a lot of other courses. I really did appreciate Sugaree. Don't let those old reviews define the course, because it is a five now. But you can always make improvements.
Thanks. I just hate having inaccurate,out-of-date info defining the course. Since there are only 32 reviews, lots of people read em all, and 75% are incorrect.Just check out the number of times I've updated the course info. I have to be the world leader in that category. LOL.

Last edited:
Again, I can't really say if this is a good idea or not, without knowing what our goals are.
That's a typo. I meant your goals...I don't want anyone thinking that Tim G took me on as a partner.

This isn't going to be a bed of roses for courses that opt to do this ; if they don't have a ton of reviews. It could mean dropping out of sight for a few years in terms of staying under the 21 review minimum.

A case in point, Brackett's Bluff,(aruguably the most popular private disc golf course in NC) underwent a redesign in 2013 and is still 3 reviews away from the minimum. It could be the equivalent of sending your course into the witness protection program.

Last edited:
I want to make a course milestone feature... which would be arbitrary cut offs where some event happened. An option to exclude reviews prior to that date is something I can look into as I was planning on it being more of an aesthetic / informational thing.
Tim
I sent you a PM last week asking about the milestone feature, but haven't heard back.
Perhaps you could be kind enough to respond.
Thanks in advance.

You didn't ask a question, you said "please let me know if you decide to do this". I haven't decided.

I'm unsure when it'll happen, whenever I get around to it as it's not a major priority.

You didn't ask a question, you said "please let me know if you decide to do this". I haven't decided.

I'm unsure when it'll happen, whenever I get around to it as it's not a major priority.
Par for the course.