• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning a disc - ettiquette question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon man.

This thread actually has some value.

Not real sure what this means... If you mean I don't have value because I feel the person who works for the disc deserves the disc, then w/e. Like I said, losing a disc on land, one should always make the effort to return the disc if possible, but if I throw my disc in a lake and just leave it, knowing where it is, just not putting in the effort to go get it, why should I get it back if someone goes through the trouble of going out and actually putting effort into getting it?

Here we go...where folks thought it might. :doh:

(My answer is always the Golden Rule. Simple. I'd like a call, and an effort to connect me with my lost disc, regardless of how or where it was lost, so I make the effort to get found discs back. Some folks see it differently, so they act on their respective principles. Live and let live, regarding returning lost discs, folks...)

Not real sure what this means... If you mean I don't have value because I feel the person who works for the disc deserves the disc, then w/e. Like I said, losing a disc on land, one should always make the effort to return the disc if possible, but if I throw my disc in a lake and just leave it, knowing where it is, just not putting in the effort to go get it, why should I get it back if someone goes through the trouble of going out and actually putting effort into getting it?

no i mean bringing that topic up is going to landfill it.

if you want to talk about that, make a new thread and see what happens
but its very off topic here

I usually hide the disc in a spot where it couldn't be found by anyone but the guy who has lost it and tell him the location. Putting somewhere embarrassing to be caught is usually a good idea(girls restroom at the park, or tape it under a port o let etc) that way they will find their lost disc and I don't have to go out of my way either.

I know it has flaws, but Nothing but thanks so far.

I used to do a lot of lake diving/raking. At first, I would go to great lengths to return a disc. After several occasions of setting up places to meet and having no shows, or getting the run around for several weeks, I have cut back on the effort I extend. I have gone to a system of one text to let you know I got your disc, 2 to 3 options to meet me at my home course to pick it up, and if those don't work, you can paypal me $3 and I will mail it to you. If after that you don't claim it, it goes into my sale/trade/give away stack.

If someone calls about one of my lost babies, I generally will have them suggest a bar in their area, meet them there, and buy them a beer. I'll do the same if I find one (given that it's premium plastic).

Because it still doesn't belong to you, ergo, possession of said item per the law is theft. Your convoluted moral justification aside, it's illegal.

no i mean bringing that topic up is going to landfill it.

if you want to talk about that, make a new thread and see what happens
but its very off topic here

No, posts like that won't landfill this thread, they'll lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.