• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning Lost Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshelton

The course I play at in McKinney TX has a creek winding through it. People regularly throw discs in. I lost an Ion to the water yesterday. I was in clothes I was unwilling to soil so I came back today. I found my disc and 13 others.

I don't ink my disc for 2 reasons. 1) I don't like the way it looks and 2) I don't expect people to return a disc they were willing to go after and I wasn't.

What are your thoughts on returning discs?

please don't start this thread please don't start this thread please don't start this thread....

this is a subject that has been talked to death on these boards. if it has ink, call the number at least once. if it doesn't, ask other groups on the course if they have lost a disc... if nothing happens, freebie.

please don't start this thread please don't start this thread please don't start this thread....

this is a subject that has been talked to death on these boards. if it has ink, call the number at least once. if it doesn't, ask other groups on the course if they have lost a disc... if nothing happens, freebie.

No kidding. Even today!

Where's Prerube when you need him?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55900

Towne Lake is a great spot to pick up a ton of lost discs. It has treacherously steep banks in a lot of spots. I usually just find singles here and there and if there is a name, I at the very least call the owner and leave a message. I've been treated very well in the past by good Samaritans returning valued discs to me, so I do what I can to be helpful.

Your situation is a little different in that you have a ****e ton of plastic to call on. If it's a beat in roc w/ a pdga #, return it. If it is a groove or dx sidewinder or some mess, do what you like. It's obviously your call, I would just use discretion and try to return what I would consider a huge loss if I lost it myself.

too late. prepare yourself for ridicule. then do the same to the next noob that posts this thread :p

"spurts" is one of those words that sounds strange after ive read it a few times.

Lee, we play a mini at 6 every wednsday at Alex Clark. If you want to try and return some, bring them out around 5:30.

To answer your original question. I started putting my name on discs our of curiosity. I've got through so many over the years, I think it is interesting if they show up again after you haven't seen it in years. The main reason for putting names on them is if you play in PDGA events a rule states you have to have a unique mark on your discs.

To the OP, if you're wondering how to delete a thread, this is how. Get people talking about spurting, and it gets landfilled. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.