• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Carolina Team bag?

underpar24

Par Member
I see that this bag is like twice the price of the rest of the bags made. My question is how many disc's does it hold. It looks smaller then my current bag. Most importantly i need it to hold atleast 18. but i would like to see it holding 20. Does anyone know.

I carry 17 in mine without utilizing the zippered side pockets for discs. It will hold 20 easily if you put discs into one of them.

Great bag. Well built. If you use the side pockets for discs you can probably put about 25-30 in there. I think I have carried 20 with using just one pocket. I also had room in the main compartment for 1 or 2 more discs. I'm trying to travel light right now. I put a few extra discs in one side and leave the other side for wallet, keys, phone, baseball, extra towell, knife, first aid supplies, etc.

Great bag. Well built. If you use the side pockets for discs you can probably put about 25-30 in there. I think I have carried 20 with using just one pocket. I also had room in the main compartment for 1 or 2 more discs. I'm trying to travel light right now. I put a few extra discs in one side and leave the other side for wallet, keys, phone, baseball, extra towell, knife, first aid supplies, etc.

Sweet.....

Baseball? lol what for.

nice idea with the baseball thing. wow. i am always trying to climb trees. Yeah i think i will be picking me up a new bag on my next check. Thanks for the imput.

Worth the $$ in the longterm. I also have an Innova bag. It's decent, but not made nearly as well as the Revo. Youj can load that bag up with discs if that's your thing, or just carry around 14-16 and have TONS of storage of rother things. Very versatile.

Correction. I have a softball in my bag. A big ugly yellow one. Makes it easy to see in the woods if my throw goes too far away.

Just got mine a week ago but it is bitchn. Smaller footprint than my fade bag but same capacity without using the side pockets. Worth every penny and more. Incredibly light even with the internal frame. Best bag I have ever seen or used.

I bought mine last fall. Well worth the cash. You cant easily fit a sweatshirt or coat in the side pockets. Or a lot of beer if youre feeling it. Well made, looks great, surprisingly light. Only flaw would be the two drink holder bottoms only have one strap under them so anything besides 32oz bottles (gatorade,nalgene,powerade) will fall through. (maybe not 20oz not sure) but i have had regular bottles of water slip out.

Last year I purchased a dual pack, even though I really wanted a carolina bag. However I opted for the dual pack as it is cheaper than buying a carolina bag and quad shocks.

This year I am shelling out the money for the carolina bag and wishing I would have just done so in the first place.

So the morale of this story is, don't be a disc golf bag collector, buy the best one to start with and be done with it!

Dual Pack does look cool. I almost got one, but ran into a guy at a course that had one and let me check it out and try it on. Too big and hot in the summer heat. Maybe good if you need to carry a ton of stuff and play tourney's.

I love my Carolina bag! I can carry 19 without using the fat side pockets.

if you really wanna carry 20+ , maybe the Kong bag. But the additional storage space on the Carolina is awesome.

BIG pockets for windbreakers etc..

Bulletproof build also

I've been considering getting one of these too. I can't decide between the revo, the phenix core, or the simian.

I've also been waiting for my Innova Discarrier to wear out before upgrading. Stupid thing wont though even after 2yrs and a lot of use and abuse. :doh:

I sold my Revo bag and went back to my Innova bag... Too big and bulky. But yes well made.

i have a pro bag, the cheaper version of the carolina bag. i can fit ~16 discs in the main compartment and 2 in the putter pocket. the side pockets can hold 2-3 discs each.

Right on. So since you have one do you think it is worth 125?

I'm not who this question was aimed at, but I have a Carolina Team bag that I bought in 2010. It has very little wear on it. I will pass it on to my grandchildren when I die. It will never be broken.

Yes. It was worth $125.

Its pretty impressive how long these have been lasting. I just revived another Revolution thread to talk about their new releases.
The Carolina bag is legendary for its durability. They are no longer $125. The current release is $229, but they now do ship with the backpack harness.

I bought mine in 2005 and it's still clean. I still use it for rounds where my Pound Octo is too much, and I just want to carry something like 12-14 discs.

The only real significant wear is on the bottom. The frame is barely poking through a little hole in one of the corners. Phenix quads are still 100% fine.