• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Carolina Team bag?

I used the frame for only the first round and then took it out. I think I like the bag better with no frame, and by having it removed it avoids the hot spots on the bottom. Its been a long time since I have had Phenix quads, but these new straps the Carolina ships with are dreamy! IMO they are better than the straps on my Octohaul. Wider, more cushion, no load lifter pinch.

Its been a long time since I have had Phenix quads, but these new straps the Carolina ships with are dreamy! IMO they are better than the straps on my Octohaul. Wider, more cushion, no load lifter pinch.

They still make these? I was under the impression they went out of business years ago.

Also, I need finally need to replace my phenix straps. What are they shipping the new ones with?

They still make these? I was under the impression they went out of business years ago.

Also, I need finally need to replace my phenix straps. What are they shipping the new ones with?

Revolution is now owned by GGGT. GGGT has just got in a fresh batch of Revolution bags that are up on their website.

I show off the new straps in an unboxing stream recently if you want to see what they look like.

The new style harness straps are not currently available for purchase separate but I know that is something being considered.

I'll have to check that out. I know I've seen other straps available elsewhere.

Coincidentally, I was watching the Shelly Sharpe final round and Drew Gibson was carrying a Revo bag. I thought he was just going old skool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I show off the new straps in an unboxing stream recently if you want to see what they look like.

Just watched it. It was cool to see a brand-new Carolina being regarded for the first time and from what I can tell, it's virtually unchanged, apart from a couple of improvements on the design, namely to the internal frame and the bottle pouches.

Originally, the divider was a polycarbonate flat plate and wood dowel system that you had to screw together. Unfortunately, the divider piece had no adjustability in where you could slide it along the dowels.

The drink pouches had a single piece of narrow webbing on the bottom, which allowed thinner bottles to slip out. My work-around is to put a small towel on the bottom or to use koozies.

It looks like the material is the same 500 denier material mine is made of. It's freaking bomb-proof. The only wear I have is a couple of frame peek-throughs on the vinyl bottom. However, the straps are shelled out and will probably only make it through one more season, if that. Not bad for 10+ years, I suppose.

At the time, my bag retailed for $125 including a shoulder strap. The Phenix quad shock straps were a $40-45 upgrade. The shock straps were nice in that they have a heavy-duty elastic loop portion on each of the four connection points which really helped ease the bounce when walking with a full load of discs, gear and liquid.

I'm trying to decide now whether to merely replace the straps or to just bite the bullet on a backpack. I still get 'old skool' comments on the bag, which has some appeal, but if I'm replacing, I'll try to go with whatever is the best bang at the time.

Last edited:
"Originally, the divider was a polycarbonate flat plate and wood dowel system that you had to screw together. Unfortunately, the divider piece had no adjustability in where you could slide it along the dowels."

Mine is all plastic and slides pretty easily, even after 13-14 years. It is a PITA to take in and out since it does not come apart, but I never really have to. I have a Grip as well but the Revo is a better bag - for me.

I could use some new straps tho.

I bought mine mid-summer 2021. I also have a two year old UPD Rebel, which lives in my Zuca LG backpack cart.

The more I use the Carolina, the more I like it. I'm still battling the little squeaks in the harness attachment clips that I hear when I move, but I'm hoping WD-40 will do the trick.

The main compartment holds 16 (with the cradle in place), plus 2 in the putter pocket. The side pockets are huge: I can fit extra layers with no problem. And as others have noted, the side pockets easily fit additional discs. While there aren't as many small, specialized pockets that are found on newer designs, that's not a deal breaker for me. I have easy access to my phone using one of the external slip-in pockets, and my rangefinder tucks nearly into one of the drink holders, sitting atop my handy hockey puck for retrieving discs from trees. And a Golden Retriever style claw fits on the bottom of a side pocket. Throw in a few towels, a single water bottle, and I'm all set for a 2 hour round.

I noticed Drew Gibson had one at the DGPT Championship (final round caddy was Uli!), And JK's caddy carrying one at Throw Pink.

If you're going to spend in the $200+ range for a bag, it's well worth consideration. And I completely get it if the whole old school, harness look isn't your thing. The Crowd has spoken, and It wants backpacks.

I bought my Revolution bag back in 2004, it will outlive me. I am still carrying it today and it is still solid. Zero issues. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it was worth every penny.

I just passed mine on to a friend who still uses it a couple of times a week. Only issue I have is that after my drive I keep reaching for his bag since I had it for over a decade.

Hello! Anyone here changed from Upperpark rebel to Carolina team bag? Rebel gets too heavy for the back, although it is one of the lightest backpacks.

Hello! Anyone here changed from Upperpark rebel to Carolina team bag? Rebel gets too heavy for the back, although it is one of the lightest backpacks.

I alternate between the two. My Rebel lives in my Zuca cart, so when I'm bagging multiple courses in a day and some aren't cart-friendly, the Rebel goes on my back.

(I bag ~18 discs)

I love the Carolina because it carries better on my back. It holds all my discs, has room to spare if I want to add a few, and it has plenty of room for everything else.

I love the Rebel because of the vertical slots to organize my most-used discs. It's plenty comfortable as a backpack (meaning, it rides differently than the lower Carolina). It also has plenty of room for discs, layers, etc.

Both of them are built great. Both have very good materials - although I give a slight nod to the Carolina for feeling a bit sturdier. Both will last a long time.

I carry both with one strap a lot - short throws and short walks, it just seems natural to sling a single strap. Although the backpack design of the Rebel makes it carry more naturally one-strap, the Carolina doesn't feel strange that way.

One weird thing (and this may just be me): When changing from one strap to two, as I put my left arm through the strap on the Carolina, I almost always catch my wris****ch on the strap. There's something about the length of the strap, or how it hangs...

Still have my Carolina bag that's going on 12 years old and has seen thousands of rounds. My main setup now is a Pound bag that I tote around on a Rovic cart. I keep the old Carolina in the truck of my car for lunch break rounds at the course near my job. I always get a lot of questions about it from the covid discers as I like to call them..lol. Guess most of them have never seen one before. But yeah they used to be the best bag you could get at one time.

Still have my Carolina bag that's going on 12 years old and has seen thousands of rounds. My main setup now is a Pound bag that I tote around on a Rovic cart. I keep the old Carolina in the truck of my car for lunch break rounds at the course near my job. I always get a lot of questions about it from the covid discers as I like to call them..lol. Guess most of them have never seen one before. But yeah they used to be the best bag you could get at one time.

Carolina with phenix bag straps was a strong combo back in the day before Grip came on the scene and changed literally everything

My Carolina is...17 years old now? Still looks great, although the truck vinyl is a little worn on the bottom. If Revolution had made a backpack bag that was more standard I'd buy that too. When I do decide on a new backpack now that I'm playing more and using more discs again, I'll make the Carolina my field practice bag.

Latest posts