• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] RHFH power thower need help finding discs to throw

1. How can anyone tell that's a sidewinder?
2. Ill admit the form was not awful, but it wasn't great
3. Can't even see the disc in it's flight not it's finish so we have no idea how far it went

I assure you it was a sidewinder.
I agree gopros lack of zoom hurts in that catagory and the one thing that makes the gopro look bad. Not mention the new hero3+ sucks about anything 10'+ away.

I will say, we used a range finder and measure it at 151yds = 453ft. Thats the honest truth. So no, not 500' today. But damn close.

Thats my sidewinder come look in my bag ....an was measured with a range finder from bushnel. U wanted a video an wanted it measured.done. so guess you are all just haters

I think you would like a Nuke OS or Stiletto. I don't really care how far you say you can throw, but if you want an overstable flick disc, you will probably be happy with either of those.

LOL. That was the most pathetic and inconclusive "answer-to-the-haters-calling-me-out" video I've seen posted yet.

The people on this board. Unreal. You'd be better off recording with a potato.

Thats my sidewinder come look in my bag ....an was measured with a range finder from bushnel. U wanted a video an wanted it measured.done. so guess you are all just haters

I'm not a hater I just don't believe you can throw 500 with a sidewinder forehand. And the video didn't prove a thing. It didn't show the disc or the distance. From the angle of the release, it did look like a nice fh but not 450 or 500 feet.

You're flicking Sidewinders 450+ and asking for advice? I've played with some great FH golfers and 450 feet is about the max distance i've seen with any disc.

OP seems to be throwing speed-9 forehands further than Dick Wysocki.

A smattering of NT and A-tier victories are really the next step... not another silly disc to flick.

Drive for show an putt for doe (which someone had already mentioned)thats why im not competing at a high level. Ive never claimed i was great. I usually throw while playing about 3-350ft drives. I have driven over 450ft multiple times with my sidewinder an my vulcan but rarely get the chance to bomb a sidewinder off the tee. If nobody beleives me my feelings arent hurt. Just was looking for some insight from other forehanders that are good not a bunch of ****ty players talking about their bad form issues an there lack of distance. Sorry if u cant throw 450ft. Better keep practicing

I know I'm reviving a dead thread but I have to have 0 turn rated discs as well and am getting my C-PD out to 425-450ish. I'm in the same boat as the OP and can't FH anything understable unless I Hyzerflip it. I FH PDs, Thunderbirds, Firebirds, FD2s, PD2s, and Gators. I have used Felons, Flicks, Nuke OSs, Sparks, Grooves, Buzzz OSs, TeeBirds to FHs.

I know I'm reviving a dead thread but I have to have 0 turn rated discs as well and am getting my C-PD out to 425-450ish. I'm in the same boat as the OP and can't FH anything understable unless I Hyzerflip it. I FH PDs, Thunderbirds, Firebirds, FD2s, PD2s, and Gators. I have used Felons, Flicks, Nuke OSs, Sparks, Grooves, Buzzz OSs, TeeBirds to FHs.

No video. I don't believe you can throw that far. I shall proceed to blindly bash your form and call you names. (Loling at the deuchery earlier on this thread):thmbup:

To respond, necrobumper, you will need to hyzerflip understable discs forehand. That isn't a problem.

I'm in the same boat as the OP and can't FH anything understable unless I Hyzerflip it.

Is there any other way?

Hyzer-flipping a disc (even a Boss or Katana) can be a thing of beauty, but flexing a meathook can be extremely ugly even if it's quite effective.

I would say most pros don't throw understable discs unless they hyper flip them. At your speed, that is to be expected. Learn to love throwing a hyper, then flipping into a s-turn thing of beauty.

Mentioning Grooves isn't going to help your case. :D

No video. I don't believe you can throw that far. I shall proceed to blindly bash your form and call you names. (Loling at the deuchery earlier on this thread):thmbup:

To respond, necrobumper, you will need to hyzerflip understable discs forehand. That isn't a problem.

And if you are really concerned, video it. But post in the Form section so you can get some real feedback. Not crap advise like, Grooves suck. :sick:

I've been playing some years now and have developed a clean FH thanks to my obsessive nature and a couple if thousand hours of field practice. The single best thing to develop good habits and good techniques is to start slow. Quite literally.
Go to a practice field and teach yourself to flick Aviars, Magnets, or any other similar putters and learn to fly them on line drive hyzer flippin frozen freaking rizzopes. 200 ft is a good distance to strive for.
Once you've spent weeks mastering this its time to bust out your Rocs, Buzzz', or a Fuse if you really want smooth. Learn the flick your mids every which way. Once you're ripping a mid about 250-275 on a line you are ready to move up.
Grab your Teebirds and start going to work. If you're like me and are a go getter you've been dying to finally lay into a "driver". If you've practiced hard up to this point and have developed good form which you will have using my method, you should be getting those beloved 'Birds past 300ft. If not just work harder. I'm 41 years old and I'm FH dominant. I can hit 350+ consistent on flat ground. If I can do it then anyone can. Just start with putters and work slowly through speeds. It works.

Latest posts