• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Plastic?

josiahv

Par Member
Sorry to keep blowing up this forum.
Rhyno lovers, what plastic do you recommend the Rhyno in? I've been looking at R-pro and pro, but I'm open to whatever. Where I live I can't get anything but DX in person.

Champion (now known as CFR/TFR....

i've owned DX, R-Pro and Champ.

Champ is money....
durable, and reliable...

worth the extra $10 to buy one on Ebay (or from whoever)

R-pro and pro are going to feel about the same, the r-pro is just has a little more of a dome to the flight plate. I prefer champ, but I was able to get some of the more gummy champ plastic. You might be able to find any of these online, just depends on how much you want to spend.

how do I know if the champion plastic is gummy or not?

The seller will usually let any potential buyers know if its gummy, in the title or description. Gummy champion plastic is usually a little harder to find and more expensive than regular champ plastic.

if you can find them the older pro plastic rhynos are amazing, the super soft ones, they are hard to come by these days but I have two in my bag one a bit more stable the other a bit under and they work great for approaches and short drives.

don't mean to hi-jack your thread but i am also looking into getting a rhyno...what type of plastic would you recommend if cann't find an older one and only able to get the current styles available at Disc Golf Center

I think the champion plastic is great. They are stable for putting on windy days, but I use mine mostly for up shots and short spike hyzers to the basket.

I used to putt, approach, and drive with Rhynos; they were my go-to disc for most of the shorter situations (250 or less) that arose. They can get out past 300' but at that point I was starting to strain my technique.

I have used most of the plastics except R-Pro and Star. Here's how I used them:
DX- all around goodness; putt, approach drive. If I could only carry one plastic this would be it. The plastic is almost always stiff and that is perfect for this mold. DX Rhynos also make great 150 class discs. Perfect for my version of the loft putt.
Pro and ProLine- awesome at spin putting and the best disc I've ever used for sticking tricky landings. They can range from floppy to fairly firm but not DX firm.
SE- what I used before Pro; I would still use them if I had a hundred of them but I only have 3. No OOP discs for me.
Champ- fabulous driver, roller, or used for crashing through thickets. Great disc for getting out of trouble. The most overstable and wind resistant of the Rhynos I have.

I hope this helps.

I like the Gummy Rhynos in max weight, I play on windy courses. The designation on the disc should be "RY" for the gummy plastic.

I love my Stiff White Pro Rhynos ...

The yellow GUmmy PRos are good for upshots tho with a fan grip ..

And champ to drive with :}

Last edited:
i've got a couple pro rhynos i love inside 150', outside that i go to my star rhynos. i will say, however, that the star rhynos have some weird "sharpness" left over from the molding process. i don't know what else to call it. it takes a few (okay a lot) of throws to get it to wear down. once that happens it is a fantastic disc. i like it more than my champs, it seems slightly more stable. the second star i bought had the same issue. i just sanded the second slightly just to take down that sharp seam. it worked quite well and saved my hands some wear and tear. it's also a great disc. i highly recommend rhynos in any plastic. my go to plastics and pro and star in max weights. i broke out my buddies digital scale and found that two of my 180s are really 182s....WIN.

Sorry to keep blowing up this forum.
Rhyno lovers, what plastic do you recommend the Rhyno in? I've been looking at R-pro and pro, but I'm open to whatever. Where I live I can't get anything but DX in person.

champion all day....old pearly(milky color) molds for the best stability...you can find on ebay.

If you want to use it strictly for putting, you may want to check the pro or R-pro versions:thmbup:

"sharpness" left over from the molding process. i don't know what else to call it. it.

im not for shure but i think its called flashing ...

I just Picked up a new champ Rhyno ...Clear Blue ... Ina trade '

Picture133.jpg

Last edited:
I have had all the Rhynos. CE, SE, RPRO, DX, Champ, Pro, I have also taking them all out to the field and thrown them back to back trying to figure out the differances.

The only Rhynos that I don't like are the stiff DX ones and the stiff star ones. All the pros, se, gummy star, champ, or r-pro get the job done.

The R-pro ones do get domey as the beat in which is very odd to me since the pro ones get flatter as they beat in however the R-pro ones still fly great. I don't think there is enough differance to warrant getting one over the other.

The stiffer pro ones are better for putting in my opinion. If you are a push putter anyway.

I have lots of pro ones if you want to buy one! Not my gummy ones though!