• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road Trip Course Suggestions

codybee

I got a new job on a cruise ship at the beginning of summer and have been deprived of being able to play for the past 5 months. I've been wanting to play so bad and I'll finally be leaving for vacation around the beginning of February. So I'm wanting to do a disc golf road trip to feed the need for the chains. I was hoping to get some course suggestions and maybe some people to play with along the way. I'm wanting to get in some mountain unicycling along the way as well. So any mountain bike trail suggestions would be awesome. I live in Knoxville, TN so around there would be a good place to start. I'm also going on a trip with my girlfriend to Colorado and I was hoping to play some along the way as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Go view the recent threads on Charlotte/Raleigh N.C. Also, realize that there's lots more where that came from near there. See the new thread with the guy whose going from St. Louis east for more in the same region. Get in touch with BikinJack on here regarding bike trails in that area. He should be able to turn you on to all kinds of info.

@humchris85 Man I would love to come out there and play. I've heard there are some amazing trails out there to ride as well. Just need to make myself do it but it's so far.

@tallpaul Thanks for the info! I was in NC last year and played Richmond Hill it was awesome. I'll check out the threads and see what I can find.

I'd would definitely recommend Charlotte area as well. Especially, for all the stuff you want to throw in. My wife and I drove down to Charlotte from Chicago. We came back up through Asheville and stayed in Gatlinburg for a couple days. The Gatlinburg 9 hole is decent, Asheville area had good options for courses and food for breaking up the ride, and Charlotte's lesser course were still pretty awesome. Plus got to do some touristy stuff (which makes her happy) as well and hang out in the mountains. It is a great options especially in this season.

when you head west to colorado, give me a buzz and i can show you around a course or two in st. louis.

@whitechocolate Yeah I played the 9 hole up in Gatlinburg it was alright. If you ever come down this way again hit me up. There are a couple of fun courses in Knoxville and some nice places to mountain bike as well. I've started looking at courses in Florida around Pensacola. I've got a friend that lives there and I'm thinking of paying him a visit. I was thinking on the way back about coming up through NC and then making my way over to KY to play Idlewild. Then coming back to Tennessee.

@klay and REDARMY I'll for sure hit you guys up. We are still banging out the details on the roadtrip. I think we've finally decided on leaving around the beginning of February.

Unless you're looking for epic courses, you from Knoxville you can just circle the Smoky Mountains. Knoxville, Asheville (Richmond Hill), down to Spartanburg (Va-Du-Mar), Greenville area (Timmons, Foothills), a bunch of courses in the corner of SC, back into the NC mountains and catch Fontana Village, then back into Tennesee. Lots of fun courses, most not terribly long, and all in or near the mountains.

If you're looking for a bit more warmth, and a little longer drive, a triangle from Knoxville to Charlotte, to Augusta, and back will do it. Though with less mountain unicycling.