• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Road tripping from DALLAS to AUSTIN...

Tree Magnet

Bogey Member
What courses would you suggest I play on my way? I've planned a whole day for driving down and playing 3-4 courses on the way.

Thanks for any help.

Is the really good one in Waco open again?

Also, as you're coming into town I would suggest hitting Rivery and Old Settlers (both right off of I35). If you're willing to go a little out of your way, Wilco (Williamson County) is a great course that is Northwest of town.

Cool....thanks. I'll check those out.

A few of us are leaving a day early to get a bunch of rounds in, and over the weekend a big group of us will most likely play Pease Park (since it's relocating).

Obviously Waco makes the most sense - but I don't know the current status on Cameron East. Lion's Park in Temple is a fantastic course, and everyone loves Wilco in north Austin. However, I love playing Rivery Park in Georgetown - some people diss the layout, but it's one of my favorites played.

Cool...thanks for the input.

I've checked a few of the suggestions out and definitely want to play Brazos Park in Waco, Lion's Park in Temple and Old Settler's Park in Round Rock.

I wouldn't guess any of them would be too busy on a Thursday, huh?

East metro, it's off 35 a bit but well worth it

East metro, it's off 35 a bit but well worth it

I will check that out.

Actually I've been checking out most of the courses along the way and see you've played most of them. :cool:

Let me just say, thanks for the great reviews. :clap: Love reading about the courses...shade, elevation, teepad/basket conditions, etc. I've made some notes and can't wait to hit a few of them.

I know Rivery did. A lot of clean up and 1 basket down.
Havent heard from any others in the area.

Georgetown courses got hit the hardest it looks like, but everywhere got soaked. You'd still probably be alright hitting WilCo, but Rivery is out.

Damn that sucks.

We had actually decided to skip the Waco courses on the way down (we can drive down to Waco one weekend just for those), and play as many between Temple and South Austin as we could. Guess I'll be checking the updates over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info, guys!

We're leaving toomorrow morning and hoping to hit at least 3 and maybe 4 course before we get to Austin.

Has Rivery gotten any better since the 9/9/10 update? Is # 14 still missing?

Ended up playing Lion's Gate, Rivery, WilCo, Pease for the first time. Also played Zilker again this trip.

Thanks again for the input!

How was Rivery? Recovered by now I assume? I love that course, and even though the layout is weird - I think it gets a harsher ranking than most. You played Lion's Gate, or Lion's Park? In Temple? Another great course.

I would say out of personal enjoyment - Rivery, Lion's, WilCo, and then Zilker even though the first three are all really good.

Latest posts