• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner VS Sidewinder

ChampJR.823

Ive been throwin for bout a year and the only disc I have that i have to drive for a long anhyzer is a roarunner and my firts ace was with one but i have been flipping it alot latley so should i move up to a sidewinder or stay where im at thanks guys!
#ChampJR.

For rollers/anhyzers/Super hyzer flip finish straight, I much prefer the Sidewinder over the Roadrunner.
It seems to have much more glide and just a hair more speed.

A sidewinder is going to flip exactly like a roadrunner, it's just that it will hyzer a tiny bit more at the end.

I would recommend getting like a Leopard or Teebird.

I say a discmania TD is up your alley, same feel in hand, a tick faster and a tad bit more stable.

what's the weight/plastic of your roadrunner? how far are you throwing it? i love how all of these people chime in without having any info about what you're throwing right now.

Put more hyzer on the release or dont try to throw it so hard. Had the same problem with my roadrunners until I realized i was trying to make the disc do what I wanted instead of letting it do the work.

The RR is little more predictable for me than the sidewinder ever was. Try getting a new one and just cycle them throught your bag. Or get something a with a tad more stability if you want. I always carry 2 rr's. One beat and flippy and a newer one thats gets replaced every 6 months or so.

what's the weight/plastic of your roadrunner? how far are you throwing it? i love how all of these people chime in without having any info about what you're throwing right now.

Yuuup. Anyway, Markus Kallstrom and McBeast, two of the guys with the most gold distance out there, throw Roadrunners, so it's almost irrelevant. You need some touch to throw them, but they're awesome. No fade, lots of glide, fliptastic; like a fast thrashed Roc.

It's not a great anhyzer disc unless you're really giving it a ton of height though, because they are flippy. Something more neutral like a Leopard, Gazelle, Stalker, or even a midrange, would probably be better for throwing most anhyzer lines. For a wide range of power you can rely on them to hold the anhyzer angle instead of flipping or fading.

I found that I couldn't throw my Champ Sidewinder good at all, just hyzered hard and had 250ft distance only. Just got my Champ Road Runner and serisouly hit 350-400 straight, over and over and over in an open field. That is my Sidewinder/Roadrunner story.

On that note if anyone wants to trade for a barely used 175g champ Sidewinder, lets talk.

The roadrunner i throw now are 175g star plastic I have thrown champion roadrunners before just seem to like the star. I usally throw them 300-320 drives.
What about a Firebird?
What is exactly does a teebird do?

Firebird (overstable, hard fade) is gonna be the exact opposite of Roadrunner (understable). Teebird is between them at stable, will hold the line you throw it on with a reliable fade at the end, but not too much fade like a Firebird. There's a reason it's perhaps the most popular control driver.

I think Firebirds are one of the most useful discs ever, though. You can throw them backhand, flick, skip shots, overhands, cut rollers, S-curves, anything except long annys.

Last edited:

Latest posts