• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner VS Sidewinder

I think a Sidewinder would be a good move up, but...it's only slightly more stable & once it gets beat in will also turn & not want to (fade) come back! IMO maybe a Beast in champ or star would be a better choice. It's only 1 speed faster & a little more stable. It will still be useable when it beat in!

Thanks guys for the feed back think im just going to stick with the roadrunner i can tell the diff between a new roadrunner and a new just going have to cycle them threw looks like im going to be buying alot more roadrunners lol thanks again guys!
#ChampJR.

Roadrunners and Sidewinders vary a lot depending on plastic and weight, so if you can bring your current Roadrunner with you to compare PLH then you can probably pick another one with the stability you're after. A beat star Sidewinder hits that money Roadrunner spot really nicely for annies, where Roadrunners might get too flippy after awhile. The champ Roadrunners usually fly more like a Leopard and take awhile to beat in....but again, they come in all flavors. You really tell us what you're after exactly, so it's hard to guide you. But in general, a new similar PLH Roadrunner will probably be less flippy than your worn one, or you can bump up a notch in stability to the Sidewinder or Valk (I'd recommend star for both) if you want something straighter. If you can put the power into throwing faster discs and want a longer anny then you might try a Mamba or get started on beating up a Vulcan...maybe even a bliz Archon or Katana.

Get
A new RR
or
a glow RR they are a little more stable.
or
throw with more hyzer....i love these are so flippy if thrown correctly they are straight as an arrow....

RR don't handle headwind. just incase you need something in the bag for headwind....get a dx teebird and go from there.

I commend the op for coming up with a "vs." thread that actually makes sense

New RR. Maybe a C-TD. I do love my champ sidewinder tho. If you will beat yours in it might be the ticket.

He already said he was going to stick with the Roadrunner.

Why we are on the topic, though; how different are star vs echo star on the Roadrunner mold. I just ordered 2 RRs myself and decided to try 1 in each because I had yet to try echo plastic.

I hyzer flip my roadrunner to a sassy S turn. If I throw it right it finishes to the right. Yes after hyzer flipping it. It's one of my favorite discs now. Champion Roadrunner 175g is a thing of beauty. Something more stable would be a TD. That thing is money. It doesn't do I large S turn like the Roadrunner but it certainly is much faster and feels just like one. I have an extra if you want it $$.

He already said he was going to stick with the Roadrunner.

Why we are on the topic, though; how different are star vs echo star on the Roadrunner mold. I just ordered 2 RRs myself and decided to try 1 in each because I had yet to try echo plastic.

I wondered the same thing. Innova says Echo plastic has a little more turn but I remember a discussion on here a while back & folks said Echo Teebirds were a little more stable

I wondered the same thing. Innova says Echo plastic has a little more turn but I remember a discussion on here a while back & folks said Echo Teebirds were a little more stable

Guess I am about to find out if no one chimes in. I did get them in the same weight, but who knows if they are the same run. I will check PLH as well.

I've got a nicely beat-in Star RR for long turnovers (when thrown flat). Next closest flight-wise in my bag is a beat in Champ Beast. It flies straighter but if I put a lot on it she'll turn over & fly like my RR.

Guess I am about to find out if no one chimes in. I did get them in the same weight, but who knows if they are the same run. I will check PLH as well.

I really can't answer for E* RRs cause I've never thrown one however I do have a Leopard E*. It is my least favorite leopard since it doesn't fly like a Leopard should. Feels more stable with more fade. Not trying to be negative, just saying my E* flies more stable in a different mold so you may experience the same thing.

CC

I really can't answer for E* RRs cause I've never thrown one however I do have a Leopard E*. It is my least favorite leopard since it doesn't fly like a Leopard should. Feels more stable with more fade. Not trying to be negative, just saying my E* flies more stable in a different mold so you may experience the same thing.

CC

Hmm. well, maybe it will have other uses. I will give it a try.

I added a 171 Echo Star Roadrunner to my bag in late May after losing my Star RR. Brand new the Echo flew much like my seasoned Star and it hasn't changed much since. Primarily used for shots that start hyzer, flip past flat, and end right in the 325'-375' range. Powered down a little below that, it goes pretty straight. Powered up more than that, it requires more hyzer and room to work than I'm comfortable giving it on most tight tunnels.

I've thrown E* Teebirds and Leos that were more stable than their normal Star counterparts but the Echo Roadrunner I picked up doesn't follow that pattern. FWIW I looked for one with a moderate dome and a medium PLH.

I added a 171 Echo Star Roadrunner to my bag in late May after losing my Star RR. Brand new the Echo flew much like my seasoned Star and it hasn't changed much since. Primarily used for shots that start hyzer, flip past flat, and end right in the 325'-375' range. Powered down a little below that, it goes pretty straight. Powered up more than that, it requires more hyzer and room to work than I'm comfortable giving it on most tight tunnels.

I've thrown E* Teebirds and Leos that were more stable than their normal Star counterparts but the Echo Roadrunner I picked up doesn't follow that pattern. FWIW I looked for one with a moderate dome and a medium PLH.

Thanks.

You are pretty close to describing what you use it for to the hole I think of when looking for a turnover driver. Hole #3 long at Roscoe Ewing.
40b1adae.jpg

I don't know if it is as long as listed, but I've gotten to the little pine tree you see in the background, (which is the last corner before needing to finish off to the right) with a Super Stingray and with a beat XL or Leopard, I've gotten just past the tree but my trajectory was finishing right to there. Hoping the RR might get me near the rest of the way. My FH is terrible and I will be pushing it BH as it is.

I can't really tell where the basket is!? Is it pretty much straight ahead from the short tee and a little right at the end?

I use mine for holes like these:

572c7cf4.jpg

9c6cf45d_m.jpg

e50d9edd_m.jpg

Tight gaps and long narrow tunnels where I don't have much room to throw an anhyzer off the tee but need to end right or straight.

I can't really tell where the basket is!? Is it pretty much straight ahead from the short tee and a little right at the end?

yeah, the course map doesn't show the trees really to give an idea.

Attached is the picture with the red line being my flight path I try to take (I fail often lol) and it ends at the little pine tree which I see as the 2nd corner you have to get around.

Basket amateurly drawn in yellow. Might be a little off but you can get the picture I think.

Attachments

• 40b1adae.jpg
    40b1adae.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 33