• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roadrunner

My Halo Roadrunners came in today and I got them out in the field for a few throws. I threw them next to a Japan Open halo, a color glow, and a newer star.
Feel: they feel great. Stiffer them regular start so than my older halo. They both have a very mild dome (I requested flat on my pro shop order hoping to get a mild dome)
Flight: These are exactly what I had hoped for. Stable for a roadrunner and really glidey. They are not as stable as the Japan open one that I have. They are a little more stable than the star and a bit more stable than my color glow. I was getting them out to about 400' with a nice flexing turn. They even flew well into a headwind with a hyzer release. These are outstanding discs

Yep that's my experience as well. Stiffer and more stable than Star. I only got a couple throws in with mine. Fist ones stabled up pretty fast on a hyzer release and didn't go far. Next throws I hit flat and hard and they went straight with a slight turn and fade -1/1. Just what I was looking for and as a bonus both of mine came in at 173g which is fantastic. My Halo Valk and Sidewinder are 178g which is uncomfortably heavy for my tastes.

Anyone know how the halo compare to the barsby and fajkus RR?

No idea. I was intrigued by all this halo RR talk and thought I should probably check one out. Did some browsing and saw the price point. :\

Went on Infinite and ordered 4 of the Barsby Stars to back up my 2 Barsby Stars. At retail prices. Chalked it down as a win.

Is there some kind of special run or retooled version or swirly star version of Barsby Roadrunner that is infamously more overstable? I've had a couple of Star Roadrunners with just a Barsby Stamp on them from last year and they're literally just a Star Roadrunner.

Yeah, Barsby stamped are the stock Star ones. Most of them will be neutral to slightly understable off the shelf and work in to be closer to Sidewinder/Roadrunner flight #s. As always, lining up PLH will show the most stable of a bunch in similar weight ranges. Stiffer Star blends will produce higher PLH usually.

I've had a couple of Star Roadrunners with just a Barsby Stamp on them from last year and they're literally just a Star Roadrunner.

Yeah those are the ones I ordered. That's what they are, stock star Roadrunners. Which are much harder to find nowadays.

My JK Halo is fairly flat, I would call it very shallow dome. Nearly identical feel and flight to my beloved stiff Champion which I could never find another like it, maybe the Halo isn't quite as stiff. Maybe I got lucky? IDK. Very straight laser beamer. I would call it 9/5/-1/1. Minimal fade but great HSS as well. Throwing near sea level 350-360 feet.

I've been throwing Roadrunners for well over a decade and the most "overstable" Roadrunners I've found are stiff, flat, max weight Star.

Have not thrown a Halo though.

I've been throwing Roadrunners for well over a decade and the most "overstable" Roadrunners I've found are stiff, flat, max weight Star.

Have not thrown a Halo though.

Halos might as well be a completely different disc. I got a couple of the Japan Open ones when they were released and brought them to my league night. Just as a test I asked one of the big-armed guys on my card to throw it on a 400' hole. He released it on an anny and it flexed out, finishing 80' left of the hole. He said "that's a great disc, and it's going to work really well for you, but it's not a Roadrunner."

Halos might as well be a completely different disc. I got a couple of the Japan Open ones when they were released and brought them to my league night. Just as a test I asked one of the big-armed guys on my card to throw it on a 400' hole. He released it on an anny and it flexed out, finishing 80' left of the hole. He said "that's a great disc, and it's going to work really well for you, but it's not a Roadrunner."

That's wild, but does jive with what I've heard.