• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rob Wallace park- Midland, NC

DougCrawford

Double Eagle Member
Cabarrus county's biggest public park is being built right now- 180 acres, and the plans include a disc golf course. It's just outside Charlotte on 24/27 at the intersection of hwy 601. Cabarrus county's other disc golf courses are mediocre, frank liske being the "best". Anyone have an idea of who the designer of this park might be? If no one has the job yet I may stop be the town meeting next week to throw some names into the hat.

Third thread on this topic.

Here's the link to the first and second. I also think BraveThrower has discussed this more recently (perhaps in a thread about City Park or Frank Liske. If you can't find anything else, PM him directly.

Wow old threads- well the park is actually being built now- bulldozers and all out there working- I think it's scheduled for opening early in 2016

They don't have a definite idea on who the designers will be. Ive been talking to p&r and I think I'm going to get a shot at a proposal along with stan or someone else(maybe huey but I haven't talked to him yet). It's still a ways off but should be a part of phase 2 of the park from what I understand.

I used to work for the department so I've been steering them towards a quality designer regardless of if I'm involved or not........I'm just trying to avoid a liske or bridges situation if you cath my drift.

The property is awesome. It's an abandoned rock quarry from back in the day so the potential for an amazing course is definitely there

Last edited:
Also the park is being built by cabarrus county Parks not town of midland

I used to work for the department so I've been steering them towards a quality designer regardless of if I'm involved or not........I'm just trying to avoid a liske or bridges situation if you cath my drift.

THANK ****ING GOD FOR THAT(YOU).

I'm not cathing anything of yours though, we're not that good of buds. :gross:

Latest posts