• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Roc or Wasp?

Also, if you like the Buzzz feel instead of the Roc feel, you might want to check out the Hornet, Verdict, or Nebula.

I'll second the Neb. It might just kick the Buzzz out of the bag completely. Downside: not a regular production mold.

I actually just took out my M1 and replaced it with a DX Viper. I like the viper a lot more.

Well you could go for a nice flat to small domed KC Pro Roc at 178-180g. You could also go with a Millenium Sentinel which has amazing glide and is more overstable than both the Wasp and the Roc.

I actually just took out my M1 and replaced it with a DX Viper. I like the viper a lot more.

Completely different monster than the roc/wasp, but as an overstable mid/fairway tweener the dx viper is the go-to.

I will second the nebula if you like buzz feel but need some stability. The only setback is they are a little harder to source.

Completely different monster than the roc/wasp, but as an overstable mid/fairway tweener the dx viper is the go-to.

I agree, but I carry Roc3's in my bag, so the viper can be great for softer throws when you need a hard fade.

since you want it to stay in that spot longer, I'd say Flat Z Wasp. Check out a Star Rancho Roc and see if you like the feel of it, but a Flat Wasp is going to be more consistent with your Buzzz, in terms of feel.

I'd go with the Wasp. I have both and my wasp - max weight - never flips. My Roc's go to the darkside if snapped hard.

For mids, it's got to be Discraft. Forget the Wasp though. That Buzzz/Drone combo floats like a butterfly and stings like a beee

Rocs are really good just for the fact you can cycle them and fill many places in your bag.

The Wasp is good too,but If I had to choose on it would be a Roc just for the versatility.

The wasp starts off more stable to me than a roc, but they fly pretty similar. It seems to me rocs have superior glide and come in a wide range of plastics/molds. Too bad discraft doesn't have kc pro plastic.

So, the roc for me.

Latest posts