• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc V. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Innovia_Starfire

Birdie Member
I'm doing a research-ish paper on this. I favor the Roc but would love to hear what you got to say. Tell me about plastics, life time, longivity of a plastic, break-in time, and other aspects.

So for now +1 for Roc.

The roc v. Buzzz question comes down to one thing for me and that's consistency thru all types of plastic. There's so much you have to know about Rocs and their different variations that I just chose to not bother. I do have 4 Rocs and 4 buzzes, but only 1 roc is in my bag and all 4 Buzzzes are in there. The only time I throw my roc is for super long, glidey turnovers. All other midrange shots are buzz material.

I've found that these two discs actually compliment each other quite well. I have a new DX roc, a slightly less new DX roc, and a relitivley new Z Buzzz in my bag. I use the Z buzz when I need a straight shot. and the Roc's when I'm counting on the discs to fade (newer for more fade slightly less new for straighter.) Or if the shot is into a headwind I'm using the roc as the buzz tends to not fight the wind as well. But I must say I really enjoy both molds. I like the Z buzz plastic though and I just wish I could get a champion Roc with out having to pay so much of a premium for them.

Both Innova vs. Discraft and Roc vs. Buzzz threads were made today... I'll get back on tomorrow.

The availability of the buzzz in premium plastic is what pushed me to buzzzs. I dont dislike the roc, just dislike easily changed plastic.

Wikileaks-Down-With-This-Sort.jpg

As you can tell by the name I love Rocs...I have 4 in my bag. I just recently tried a Z Buzz for the first time ever this year and I'm impressed. It has made the bag and will be thrown when I need something longer than a Roc but not as much fade as it slows down..I like them both but rely on the Roc more times during a round then the buzz.

I'm doing a research-ish paper on this.

is that why you aren't willing to do any research?

i know that's kinda snarky, but if you truely want data on this topic, do a search and read just 1 of the billion threads that are out there. All of the answers are there. what you're asking, is for everyone to rehash the argument so you don't have to do work.

just saying.

True there are scores of info for this research, however there are new people on this site all the time and there are folks who may have a different answer from the last time it was asked.

Here's my two cents for what its worth. I like the feel of the Buzzz over the Roc. And there are just too many different options when trying to decide which Roc to try. A Buzzz only has differences in plastic and since its gotten colder I've put the FLX Buzz in my bag and took out the Z.

this poll has been done a million thousand gazillion freakin times

2im9f0w.jpg

Whats a roc? how do i get a buzzz?

truth is this....Roc throwing is great! teaches you how to throw and doesn't hurt your game only makes it better. once you have thrown a roc 300....then you get a buzzz and a comet.

they are just a better combo than rocs beaten to different levels.

so basically i have 70 Rocs and 35Buzzzes. each roc is different. i think the buzzzes are very close at least about 30 of them fly the same. crystals are flippy.