• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc V. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FWIW, I switched from Buzzzes to Rocs last year because I had a tougher and tougher time finding a truly stable Z Buzzz. Towards the end of the year I started getting new Z Buzzzes that turned for me out of the box, and the last straw was when my buddy got a max weight Glow Z Buzzz at a tourney that I for sure thought would be stable and it flew like a seasoned ESP Buzzz. It became his go-to hyzerflip Buzzz. So much for consistency.

DX Rocs are easier to deal with.

oh, so you have to buy a new one every 2 months.
Just as soon as I got my dx flat top roc the way I liked it, it would become flippy in a few weeks. My Z Buzzz has lasted me over 2 years.

If you want a truly stable buzzz, get a wasp.

Halloween Buzzz!!!!!! They start out like a Wasp but break in perfectly! I have had the same one for over 3 years now and it is pretty sick.

Not quite as sick as my "pseudo-01' Roc" Wasp that I have had for over 4 years.......and it flies exactly the same. This run of yellow Z plastic was the most durable I have ever found. They made Preds, Trackers, and Wasps with it but I am not sure if they used it for anything else.

Your saying an esp buzz flies the same as a d buzzz that flies the same as an x buzzz that flies the same as a z buzzz? You must be high.

No, I said an esp buzzz I pull off the shelf today will fly the exact same as the esp buzzz I bought in 09. Z, esp, x, fly different than each other. Just saying the mold is consistent. No problems replacing a disc if lost like rocs.

oh, so you have to buy a new one every 2 months.
Just as soon as I got my dx flat top roc the way I liked it, it would become flippy in a few weeks. My Z Buzzz has lasted me over 2 years.

If you want a truly stable buzzz, get a wasp.

I never liked DX flat top Rocs because they got squirrely like you describe. A max weight DX Roc takes quite a while to beat in to a straight flier unless you're hitting trees with it on purpose.

The Wasp flies great but takes forever to beat in. I'd probably lose it before it starts flying straight for me. I like to cycle in new discs about once or twice per year. The Buzzz was great until I couldn't find any more new ones that didn't fly like my already beat ones. I mean I'm sure I could have eventually found one but I didn't want to spend that much money.

Overall, for usefulness and predictability, I'd have to go with the Buzzz. But I think the Roc allows for more pinpoint accurate shots, but you have to be good and really know your roc to pull it off. Also the Roc to me, is much less stable than the Buzzz, which allows for more types of shots, such as hyzer flip to straight to anny, type of stuff.

Summary: Roc takes longer to learn, but in the end can do more.
Buzzz is quicker to learn and is more predictable.

This thread would be more fun if it had more choices. Rocs and buzzes are obviously the two most common mids but I wonder what 3 and 4 are. If there were a list of all of the mids to choose from then I would vote for the Spider.

This thread would be more fun if it had more choices. Rocs and buzzes are obviously the two most common mids but I wonder what 3 and 4 are. If there were a list of all of the mids to choose from then I would vote for the Spider.

That would be too complicated. For instance, I could argue my hornet is the next best b/c I can throw a lot of shots with it. Great for: hyzer, forearm shots, headwind shots, thumbers, tomohawks, 45* thumbers forehand rollers, S shots, my hornet is super versatile, except pinpoint accuracy for those tight tunnels and narrow wooded holes. As far as arguing theres a 3 and 4 that fall into the buzzz/roc category, I say there isn't a 3 and 4.

Overall, for usefulness and predictability, I'd have to go with the Buzzz. But I think the Roc allows for more pinpoint accurate shots, but you have to be good and really know your roc to pull it off. Also the Roc to me, is much less stable than the Buzzz, which allows for more types of shots, such as hyzer flip to straight to anny, type of stuff.

Summary: Roc takes longer to learn, but in the end can do more.
Buzzz is quicker to learn and is more predictable.

Roc is less stable than buzzz? What discs are you throwing?

I used to like rocs, now I like the buzzz, but I have never liked the tedious roc vs. buzzz debate.
-1 for whomever revived this happily buried thread.

Only read up to 3 pages..... but I'll put in my opinion. I have 4 Rocs in my bag.. one 180g glow, pretty beat in, super straight.. two 165g DXs, beat in understable turn overs.. and a 172g DX, brand new, over stable. I've been wanting to try a Buzzz for a long time, but honestly don't like the way the Z plastic feels. Would like to try a Flx Buzzz but I can never find one in stores here. Anyway, until I find a Buzzz that feels good when I hold it.... Rocs all day.

Latest posts