• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc V. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to like the Buzzz and hated the Roc but went with anything but either. Now; I finally got myself used to the Roc and am beginning to understand. To know how to use a Roc is to love a Roc.

True there are scores of info for this research, however there are new people on this site all the time and there are folks who may have a different answer from the last time it was asked.

Here's my two cents for what its worth. I like the feel of the Buzzz over the Roc. And there are just too many different options when trying to decide which Roc to try. A Buzzz only has differences in plastic and since its gotten colder I've put the FLX Buzz in my bag and took out the Z.

So the original poster could search, find one of the already deeply discussed threads and bump it to the top for more people to chime in... collecting old and new discussions.

So the original poster could search, find one of the already deeply discussed threads and bump it to the top for more people to chime in... collecting old and new discussions.

Good point.

I just don't see the need to stifle people's enthusiasm. If the thread is redundant, and I've been guilty of starting those myself as has almost everyone else, and you'd rather not give your gazillionth answer then why bother to even read it, or flame someone who is too lazy, or too unskilled to use the search function.

NEITHER
AXIS for the WIN

but for the sake of the thread buzzz it is nice and straight and holds any line, and it has my one and only ace.

I love KC Pro Rocs but recently got a crystal Buzzz ss and have to say, I like it a lot. I have both in the bag now and just put an Axis in there as well, also a fun disc to throw. What Technohic said was spot on. Once you can actually throw a roc, it truly is a thing of beauty.

to me the buzz feels better when i hold it and i never got a true love for the roc. they arent my favortie but i might end up trying one again so who knows!

F*** Rocs.

Say NO to beads!!!

But seriously, if the Nebula was put into production this debate would be over and both discs long forgotten.

I was a big roc fan at first. Was carrying at least 3 different rocs in my bag at any time because the just about did anything that I could want out of them, I had a KC pro that would hold an anny line, a dx that was straight as an arrow, and a san marino that was a decent stable mid. The only thing was they never 'felt' great to me, and as such, i would have an awkward release from time to time (early vs grip lock)

Picked up a buzzz because I heard they were a bit longer and I haven't even thought about going back. I gave away rocs and picked up a z and esp buzz for longer anny or straight shots in the 200-300 range. They feel like butter on the release and have never looked back to getting a roc.

IF you need a more stable mid... go with gateway. Their warrior and demon are both brilliant (but they aren't exactly a disc that you will use as often as a more multipurpose disc like a roc or buzzz.)

I was a big roc fan at first. Was carrying at least 3 different rocs in my bag at any time because the just about did anything that I could want out of them, I had a KC pro that would hold an anny line, a dx that was straight as an arrow, and a san marino that was a decent stable mid. The only thing was they never 'felt' great to me, and as such, i would have an awkward release from time to time (early vs grip lock)

Picked up a buzzz because I heard they were a bit longer and I haven't even thought about going back. I gave away rocs and picked up a z and esp buzz for longer anny or straight shots in the 200-300 range. They feel like butter on the release and have never looked back to getting a roc.

IF you need a more stable mid... go with gateway. Their warrior and demon are both brilliant (but they aren't exactly a disc that you will use as often as a more multipurpose disc like a roc or buzzz.)

Thanks to everyone. I know its redondent ,but thanks for all the input. And yes Rookie is just trolling cause he's fake.

Keep them coming.

I'm a Roc guy, but keep a Buzzz in the trunk for long wooded courses.

They're just totally different discs. The best analogy I've heard is that the Roc is a midrange that thinks it's a putter; the Buzzz is a midrange that think's it's a driver.

i looked through most of these and what it comes down to is the roc is a longer putter like profile. it flies slower needs height and has a bead. the buzzz is driver like no bead and more speed. most people prefer the driverlike mold of the buzzz because of the comfort and ability of the mold to line drive to the basket off the tee. in the fairway on an approach its hard to beat the reliability of the roc though.

Latest posts