• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Roc vs Buzzz

Axis = Most overr....wait...what??

They're all great discs...Roc, Buzzz, Axis, Mako, Roc3, Vector...and probably any other disc mentioned in this thread.

Vector is not the same slot as these discs in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the Roc, Roc3, or Axis (I'm a huge MVP fan too). I love the Buzzz and 3 are in my bag (I also collect the disc). The Mako though.. Boy I completely forgot. GREAT DISC! It's one of the few Innova discs I still proudly sport. Fantastic disc and absolutely dead straight!

Well I just went out and bought a 173g (really weighed at 175) Star San Marino Roc. I talked to the guy in the store for a few minutes about what I was looking for and he pointed me towards this incarnation of the Roc.

Haven't thrown it yet but I was wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this particular disc?

Well I just went out and bought a 173g (really weighed at 175) Star San Marino Roc. I talked to the guy in the store for a few minutes about what I was looking for and he pointed me towards this incarnation of the Roc.

Haven't thrown it yet but I was wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this particular disc?

San Marino Rocs are good discs, they're less stable than the Rancho Rocs & are great for straight & anhyzer shots. But in all honesty idk many people who throw Star Rocs but they're still good discs. If your gonna go the Roc route I highly recommend cycling DX/KC Rocs.

I just got a 171 G Star Rancho Roc and it is beefy! Not a good primary mid but def. a great supplemental midrange. Go with the Kc pro roc. She's a beauty.

San Marino Rocs are good discs, they're less stable than the Rancho Rocs & are great for straight & anhyzer shots. But in all honesty idk many people who throw Star Rocs but they're still good discs. If your gonna go the Roc route I highly recommend cycling DX/KC Rocs.
Well I thought about it for a while but I really don't feel like cycling discs of any kind. Maybe I'll get into cycling discs some day but I don't feel like giving the added attention to separate discs of the same mold just to make them fly differently. Plus I was chopping wood yesterday at the course and I just know I'll wang the baseline plastic into uselessness. After bending a DX Hawk I kind of got away from cheap plastic (although it was an old disc so I bet the newer stuff is probably better).

I chose Star plastic because I have been wanting to try it and I could use the grippiness. I'm sure this disc will find a place in my game and perhaps I'll collect more Rocs for future use. This will be my proper introduction to the Roc.

Any reason you can't cycle a buzz?

You probably could but Pro D sucks (maybe cycle ESP?) & most people who throw the Buzzz usually just par it with other discs to fill there Mid range needs. Besides why would you wanna cycle the Buzzz, when you have the Roc :D

...oh no, not this again.

As a preface, I have thrown both quite a bit, and neither have been in my bag for more than a year.

First, it really isn't a "fair" comparison. There are so many different molds of Roc out there: Ontario Roc, San Marino Roc, Rancho Roc, Roc+, Roc3, plus all the 'special' runs. Buzzz has 1 mold. 5 vs 1, is what it really is. Granted, the Buzzz comes in several plastic (and there is the bar-stamp/wasp/10th year ani.), each with their own flight variant, however, so do many molds of Roc.

Second, the entire theory behind the two discs is vastly different. The theory behind Roc's is that with the different molds, plastics, and wear, you can get whatever flight you want out of a Roc. Many avid players carry a stack of Rocs all with different flights. The Buzzz is more about a single disc that "holds whatever line you put it on." Sure, you might carry a beat Pro-D or X as an understable compliment, but I've never see anyone carry a stack of Buzzz's in their bag.

Both excellent discs, but neither disc is "better" than the other. They are different: two different discs; two different theories. Really comes down to player preference. And yes, there are players who carry both.

I have a stack of buzz's, TI, z, and ESP.... Fade, no fade, hook.... ...actually, I layer all my disc except max D