• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 love

crater77

Birdie Member
This disc is money! I can see why McBeast throws this bad boy. It's kicked out quite a few discs in the bag. Unless I need to reach out over 350 it's acts as my driver. I can shape just about any shot with it and have 100% confidence. Also a stellar roller! Any one else diggin' the Roc3?

I got one off of a member here in the marketplace and absolutely love it. It was almost immediately the favorite disc in my bag. I mainly use mine for up shots and short drives but this disc is money for me

I was really digging them until McBeath twopeated at Worlds, pulled them in eager expectation of the 2x Roc3s :D

Think those usdgc player's pack/proto roc3s might be even pricier

They are nice, I prefer the buzzz/shark3 feel though.

Yep, put a McBeast Roc3 in the bag a couple months ago. It would take something magical to replace it. Very versatile disc for anything in the 200-300ft rage. Handles power and OAT well. The Roc3 is solid, any issues I have are purely operator error.

I like all the ___3 molds. My mid lineup right now is Glow Roc3, slighly beat Champ Roc3, Make3, beat DX Roc.

The Mako3 is a ton of fun to throw.

Any know how often Paul throws his?
Does he even bag DX KCPRO rocs anymore?

Check it. How he already has one that seasoned is beyond me. I think I remember someone posting that for Paul McBeth, a Roc3 was a guaranteed birdie within 350ft.

Any know how often Paul throws his?
Does he even bag DX KCPRO rocs anymore?
seems like he's comfortable with it out to ~400. there is a ccdg (i think?) video from earlier this year of him just destroying DeLaveaga with his Roc3.

crazy how good he is with this disc. just laser straight and glide forever.

i have waaaaaaayyyy too many mids already and i'm thinking of grabbing one of these just to check it out.

It's a great disc. I'm carrying two right now in my slightly OS mid slots coupled with a couple beat in KC/DX Rocs.

My only concern with this setup is I hate KC/DX plastic in the winter when the air dries up. It becomes too slick. May switch to M2s simply because I like the 300s plastic better than KC/DX and I don't think I'll have any of my Roc3s beat in by the time the weather changes.

I typically throw max weight everything other than high speed drivers.
I was reluctant to pick one of these out when they came out, b/c I figured it would an epic failure compared to the "real" Rocs. After fondling the jolly launcher plastic a few times in PIAS and seeing how flat they were, I figured, "what the hell, how bad can it really be?".
After working with it in the field, I completely hated it. It was worse than I could have imagined. It was a flat, max weight, champion Roc that was NOT OS at all and a glide-less wonder! My '05 Champ Roc could out drive it my 30-50 feet, and it didnt have the strong fade I was used to.

I lost it on the 2nd round I had it in my bag, and was honestly relieved. But, a few days later I got a call and the damn thing found its way home!

It was serveral weeks before the finder and I were able to connect, so I had kinda forgot abt how much I hated it. I droped it in the bag and decided to have a new outlook on the disc. In the meantime, I had been using another awesome glide-less disc, the Champ Gator. Only problem with the Gator was that it only turns right (LHBH).

Welcome the Roc3!! A lightbulb went off in my head. I now had basically a Gator that will hold ANY line I put it on. The fact that it has no glide is actually the beauty of this disc. My driving has improved a lot and I get more distance and acuracy now so I use my long flying mids a lot less, and often times where I need a midrange that my Rhyno won't reach comfortably, my KC Pro/USDGC Rocs are too long.

I'm not great at powering down, so the Roc3 lets me throw fairly hard and not overshoot the basket on approaches. It will hold a steep anhyzer line and not kick-roll away on impact. It will fly laser straight. It will hyzer/spike hyzer excellent. It is my go-to tight line thumber to get my ass out of the bush. It rolls well. I even putt with it sometimes. This disc is now one of the most used disc in my bag, and is complete money for me. It really makes me sick on my stomach to think about it, b/c it feels like betrayal to my older Rocs.

I wish Innova would have given it a completely different name, b/c to me, it is a completely different disc than a Roc. All that being said, if I had to choose only one disc to carry, this would be it. I can literally do everything from drive to putt with it. He!! it doesnt even feel "plussy"

I need to grab a back up for it b4 they change something. I do have two of the champ glows, but have yet to throw them. I honestly hope they are not more OS and fly the exact same way.

I typically throw max weight everything other than high speed drivers.
I was reluctant to pick one of these out when they came out, b/c I figured it would an epic failure compared to the "real" Rocs. After fondling the jolly launcher plastic a few times in PIAS and seeing how flat they were, I figured, "what the hell, how bad can it really be?".
After working with it in the field, I completely hated it. It was worse than I could have imagined. It was a flat, max weight, champion Roc that was NOT OS at all and a glide-less wonder! My '05 Champ Roc could out drive it my 30-50 feet, and it didnt have the strong fade I was used to.

I lost it on the 2nd round I had it in my bag, and was honestly relieved. But, a few days later I got a call and the damn thing found its way home!

It was serveral weeks before the finder and I were able to connect, so I had kinda forgot abt how much I hated it. I droped it in the bag and decided to have a new outlook on the disc. In the meantime, I had been using another awesome glide-less disc, the Champ Gator. Only problem with the Gator was that it only turns right (LHBH).

Welcome the Roc3!! A lightbulb went off in my head. I now had basically a Gator that will hold ANY line I put it on. The fact that it has no glide is actually the beauty of this disc. My driving has improved a lot and I get more distance and acuracy now so I use my long flying mids a lot less, and often times where I need a midrange that my Rhyno won't reach comfortably, my KC Pro/USDGC Rocs are too long.

I'm not great at powering down, so the Roc3 lets me throw fairly hard and not overshoot the basket on approaches. It will hold a steep anhyzer line and not kick-roll away on impact. It will fly laser straight. It will hyzer/spike hyzer excellent. It is my go-to tight line thumber to get my ass out of the bush. It rolls well. I even putt with it sometimes. This disc is now one of the most used disc in my bag, and is complete money for me. It really makes me sick on my stomach to think about it, b/c it feels like betrayal to my older Rocs.

I wish Innova would have given it a completely different name, b/c to me, it is a completely different disc than a Roc. All that being said, if I had to choose only one disc to carry, this would be it. I can literally do everything from drive to putt with it. He!! it doesnt even feel "plussy"

I need to grab a back up for it b4 they change something. I do have two of the champ glows, but have yet to throw them. I honestly hope they are not more OS and fly the exact same way.

I have a feeling the roc3 is going to be one of those molds that they take extra care to keep flat and consistent. (I hope at least)

I know Legacy is taking extra care to ensure the rival remains consistent, discraft keeps the buzz in a very consistent place. Bout time Innova does the same.

I have a feeling the roc3 is going to be one of those molds that they take extra care to keep flat and consistent. (I hope at least)

I know Legacy is taking extra care to ensure the rival remains consistent, discraft keeps the buzz in a very consistent place. Bout time Innova does the same.

Ever since the original Rancho, the Roc3 is the first legitimate improvement to the mold, too bad the Roc+ had to happen in order for it to be created.

I've played with a guy a few times that is all about his Roc3. Has aced a couple holes with it this year. Really nice flyer. Defiantly makes me want to try one, but I really don't need to buy more mids. Too many good discs out now.

I have a domey roc3 and love it. The disc is more overstable compared to other flat roc3s. At first, I was disappointed with the fact that it had such a fade at the end of its flight. I am over that and release it on a nice anny line and it flys straight and then fades. Great disc, excited to try my flat roc3 now.

It is a really great disc. A hair more overstable than a fresh z buzzz, a hair less than a fresh z wasp. Feels very similar to a wasp in hand.

It definitely has less glide than a DX/KC Roc, but I think the added speed makes up for it. I love that you can really crank on this disc and it's not turning over. Dead straight with fade every time, what's not to like?