• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 love

It is a really great disc. A hair more overstable than a fresh z buzzz, a hair less than a fresh z wasp. Feels very similar to a wasp in hand.

Well said. I dropped the Buzzz in favor of a Comet, and tried a few discs to fit my O/S Buzzz slot. Roc3 is perfect. Wasps are a tad too beefy.

I don't need my USDGC Rocs anymore. Mixed in a stiff flat top RC3 and a gunny glow RC3 to go along my my Ching, beat DX and straight DX.

The only one I still use is my '08 San Marino Thrower. Its super gummy/tacky and does perfect, smooth, long annys. The RC3 does nice annys too, but shorter and a little more abrupt or sharp hook

Ever since the original Rancho, the Roc3 is the first legitimate improvement to the mold, too bad the Roc+ had to happen in order for it to be created.

21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

I love my Roc3s. Even more so than my KC Pro Rocs. But Im just having a helluva time beating it in like a KC or a DX. Therefore I need a turnover mid (Tangent). Great disc, the Roc3, but for those of us whove been cycling Rocs for years.....

My Roc3 works nicely with my DX & KC Rocs. The Roc3 is my favorite Mid in premium plastic (& the only premium plastic Mid I carry).

This thread is awesome! I guess I should share that I love the Roc3 haha but I know they are hard to "beat in" I finally found my solution. The Mako3 (176) for me, It has that slight understable flight that doesn't dive into the ground like beat up discs want to do. Thought I would share with you all my little secret that has been working out amazing for me.

This thread is awesome! I guess I should share that I love the Roc3 haha but I know they are hard to "beat in" I finally found my solution. The Mako3 (176) for me, It has that slight understable flight that doesn't dive into the ground like beat up discs want to do. Thought I would share with you all my little secret that has been working out amazing for me.

I can see tons of McBeast fans running out to get the Mako 3 now!

You better win another WC so you can get your name on that one too :D

I'm definitely tempted cuz I still struggle to find THE Midrange I want to use for straightforward approach shots. I'll find the perfect Buzzz for a while, loose it, and the next one I buy isn't quite the same...*sigh*

Thanks for sharing on this board today! :clap:

I can see tons of McBeast fans running out to get the Mako 3 now!

You better win another WC so you can get your name on that one too :D

I'm definitely tempted cuz I still struggle to find THE Midrange I want to use for straightforward approach shots. I'll find the perfect Buzzz for a while, loose it, and the next one I buy isn't quite the same...*sigh*

Thanks for sharing on this board today! :clap:

I wouldn't do something like that, I want people to get the most out of their game so I'm sure I get the chance to try more Innova discs more often than others so I might as well share some of my favorites even if my name isn't on them.

I've had a Mako3 in my backup box for a few weeks, definitely need to take it out and toss it around! :thmbup:

I got mine almost 3 weeks ago and I am in love. I dont know why, i just feel like i have so much control over the disc. Love the feel, and the distance I get out of it. Two thumbs up from me!

Roc3 is the most versatile disc i've ever owned. I friggin love this thing. The thing has kicked out my 07 usdgc roc, KC Pro, and have a beat one that I use over my flat top DX Roc for straight shots. I've said it at least 20 times on this board but I think it is the best mold ever made. Everything I loved about the Champion USDGC Rancho Roc but for 14 bucks not 40 with a tick more speed and distance. This is the first disc that I loved from the first throw. I love that I can throw it on just about any line and feel confident in exactly what it is going to do.

They don't handle headwinds as well and take forever to beat into a turnover disc. Should have given it a new name.

With that logic ever plastic of every mold should have a different name. A DX disc takes less time to beat in than a Champ disc of the same mold & eventually the DX disc is affected greater by the wind...so should we call a DX Teebird a Teebird & a Champ Teebird a Falcon? FYI they did change the name, theres the Mako & the Mako3.

It's essentially a KC Pro Roc in above average tacky Champion Plastic. It's pretty much just a seasoned and faster 07 Big Bird Champ Roc for 14 bucks. It's a wet dream disc for me but to each his own.

Latest posts