• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3x midrange

Can't wait, but I doubt it will replace the Sanny Sent.

If it goes full production then maybe.

Well that sucked.

Had a green and pink in the cart but couldn't checkout fast enough.

Hope this disc finds its way into mass production. I really want to try it, but I, like many others on here, cant justify Factory Store prices/shipping for a disc I know nothing about.

If it flies like a Buzzz OS and feels like a Roc3, Id be sooooooo happy.

I finally found my peace with just using a roc3 and a gator. And now innova goes and does something like this.

Looking forward to some reviews.

I figure the Wasp, Zone, And Firebird cover any throw I could make with this disc. A year ago I would have been interested, but I have put a moratorium on new discs molds. Curious about this, but that is really it.

Has anyone gotten a chance to throw one of these?

Take my review with a grain of salt as im an 875 rated player and mostly a buzzz thrower as opposed to ROCs but:

Zipper top. Hard but not too much so plastic. I would say it feels more like a gator in hand than a Roc3 (which i did bag for a couple years)

I threw mine in a field yesterday vs a verdict and a Buzzz OS. I found the Rocx3 to be a touch less stable than my Buzzz OS which would make it a bit more every day usable for me. My buzzz OS I throw only specialty shots with

In my opinion if this was using general disc golf terms Id call it a GatorSS. The feel to me is more like a straighter gator, than an overstable roc. But I am good with some original analogies stating if the Gator and Roc3 had a baby this would be it.

For those hoping for the look and feel of the roc with overstablity i think you may be a touch disappointed, although the flight may be about what you're looking for, I found the feel to be quite different.

I bought four and will likely sell three and continue to throw the one i tested for a few months.

Well my RocX3's came in. As promised here are some photos. I took a profile pic vs. a 2013 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc. Sorry, I would have also included a Roc3 profile comparison, but my Roc3s are currently in the bedroom where my daughter is sleeping so you'll have to wait on that. The profile is quite similar to a Rancho Roc (or probably to a Roc3 as well). It's just a little bit blunter, which I guess gives it that extra overstability.

https://goo.gl/photos/RTosBXar6mHCHw7V8

If anyone wants any comparisons vs other mids, feel free to ask. If I have one I'll happily take a comparison pic for you (although no promises on me actually having what you want).

Well my RocX3's came in. As promised here are some photos. I took a profile pic vs. a 2013 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc. Sorry, I would have also included a Roc3 profile comparison, but my Roc3s are currently in the bedroom where my daughter is sleeping so you'll have to wait on that. The profile is quite similar to a Rancho Roc (or probably to a Roc3 as well). It's just a little bit blunter, which I guess gives it that extra overstability.

If anyone wants any comparisons vs other mids, feel free to ask. If I have one I'll happily take a comparison pic for you (although no promises on me actually having what you want).

Thanks for the pics. It looks awesome and I'm very intrigued.

Wow profile looks solid.
I expected something a little more "wonky" like the commander.

I bet the Roc3x would be a killer disc in DX.

Yeupppppp, definitely intrigued. I love my Roc3s and my Champ Glow ones are plenty OS for most of my shots, but if this flies more like a longer Harp, I'll definitely be bagging one.

Take my review with a grain of salt as im an 875 rated player and mostly a buzzz thrower as opposed to ROCs but:

Zipper top. Hard but not too much so plastic. I would say it feels more like a gator in hand than a Roc3 (which i did bag for a couple years)

I threw mine in a field yesterday vs a verdict and a Buzzz OS. I found the Rocx3 to be a touch less stable than my Buzzz OS which would make it a bit more every day usable for me. My buzzz OS I throw only specialty shots with

In my opinion if this was using general disc golf terms Id call it a GatorSS. The feel to me is more like a straighter gator, than an overstable roc. But I am good with some original analogies stating if the Gator and Roc3 had a baby this would be it.

For those hoping for the look and feel of the roc with overstablity i think you may be a touch disappointed, although the flight may be about what you're looking for, I found the feel to be quite different.

I bought four and will likely sell three and continue to throw the one i tested for a few months.

How does it compare to the Verdict? I am not familiar with the Buzz OS. And what plastic/weight was the Verdict that you were throwing?

How does it compare to the Verdict? I am not familiar with the Buzz OS. And what plastic/weight was the Verdict that you were throwing?

I added a profile comparison pic with a Prime Verdict the shared album (the only plastic of Verdict I have). The profiles look pretty similar actually. The RocX3 has a bigger bead and maybe just a slightly more concave wing. It's also got a tiny bit more shoulder than a prime verdict, although I'm not sure how it would compare to a premium plastic Verdict since the Primes are pretty much 100% board flat with no shoulder at all.

I have never known what zipper top meant... can someone help me with my ignorance...

Latest posts