• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rockford, Il to Cincinnati, Oh, Vacation Trip Possible on to Louisville, Ky

Played Iroquois Park today in Louisville, Ky. It was a nice round that gave us some exercise but didnt wear us out :D Then we went south and played Otter Creek. It is an older course but was pretty empty and had a nice old charm to it. I liked how it played thru the woods and meadows with out seeming to cause a lot of intrusion. :clap: Both parks were relatively clean and had 98% of the beer cans actually in the trash cans! :thmbup: Gonna try and play the first 9 on Seviren Lang tomorrow morning just to see the course and say I have been on it when I watch the pros play it :D Have to be back in Cincinnati by 1 tho otherwise I would try to play 18.

I have to get back to Otter Creek. I haven't played it in years. I have good memories from that course!

Glad you enjoyed Ky.

Otter creek is fun old school course, it's a good candidate for restricting to lids and putters though. When we were there groups were throwing high speed drivers across other fairways and into other groups on several holes.

Believe its the end of August.
Yea out the few courses I have played so far I think if I could put one in my future backyard it would be Otter Creek. There is just something serene about the place. Nothing is needed over midrange speeds. I don't see any reason to be using high speed drivers. I used a leopard, Shark and Putter on the whole course. My wife used a Stingray, Gator and Putter.

Do to Thunder on the River in Louisville and second street bridge being closed today, we had to skip Seviren Lang instead of fighting traffic to get across to the otherside of the river to get to it. If I had known about that I would have went on Thursday. Oh well.

sorry to hear you didnt get to play it, i forgot it was one of the courses being used for us masters, you could always play it during that tourney, i will be there!

Altho I like playing tourneys I think that course would probably be beyond my skill level. However thanks to you, Russell and Jay Dub I have some good tips to work on starting next week that will help finess my form and help me reach the next level of my game.

hehe, I thought you prefered the shot I did on hole 16 :D That was where I was in the little side ravine on the left, standing on some fallen limbs, then they broke just as I threw. Which made my disc go up and catch on that little bitty branch. :popcorn:

Attachments

• hanging disc.jpg
    hanging disc.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
hehe, I thought you prefered the shot I did on hole 16 :D That was where I was in the little side ravine on the left, standing on some fallen limbs, then they broke just as I threw. Which made my disc go up and catch on that little bitty branch. :popcorn:

Hahaha! I forgot about that one. :doh:

Yeah, I have never seen that happen before!

Yea we have no Idea how it managed to catch on such a little branch. I fell just as I threw it and had no idea where it went cause all i saw was sky, hehe Lucky Jay Dub saw it catch in the tree. I almost thought he was going to fall in amazement/laughing.

I think if you tried to hang the disc there it would not hold. Corack's wife shook the tree a little and it fell.
It was an amazing hanging disc. :D