• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rookie Frustrations

Well, there are certainly awkward lies that being able to use both hands would be worthwhile. Also, it's my understanding that throwing a FH for distance equal to a BH is a fool's errand, although I have nowhere near the FH it would take to test that theory.

I think that's true for a lot of people, but check out Wysocki's forehand. Dude can crush

I skimmed the thread so I do not know if it has been said yet but more than anything I think it is essential to focus on the hit, make sure you are hitting it (or snapping the disc if you prefer) on every throw. From your drive off the tee to your midrange approach to even your long putts. Locate that hit every time. Everything else will fall into place much easier once you do.

To work on this, find the hammer pound drills (also called the incomplete secret technique or something like that, should be in the technique sticky) and start from a standstill or one step, then work your way up. To me, being able to locate the hit is like a pitcher bringing his stuff or control to the mound.

teach your kids

One thing that really helped me increase my kids' enjoyment of disc golf was to teach them how to throw a roller... My 6,4, and 2 year olds can now play 9 holes with me (although they are typically distracted by the playground near hole #4 and let me finish in peace).

My 4 year old couldn't get the RHBH motion right, and more often than not the disc went backwards... her roller can go 50+ feet down the center every time.

My 6 year old could throw ~30 feet with difficulty, and her roller is getting out there 60~75 feet easily.

Give them some early success, and they will beg to play with you!

Latest posts