• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roy G opened today

to all the dickwagons who have been littering up this beautiful, brand new course: you suck.

to the group of nine that decided it was a good idea to go out at 8am on a busy sunday and jam up the course for everyone: you suck double.

i love that ALL the promos and features on the course have talked about how it's a "pack it in, pack it out" course, meaning no trash cans, and still there's a groundswell movement to get trash cans out there. wtf are people receiving mail out there? is there a store on the course? why does anything need to be thrown away (on the ground OR in a can) while you're on the course?

the real groundswell movement is to make roy g. pay to play. i would gladly pay $5 on the weekends to reduce crowds and generate funds for course maintenance.

the real groundswell movement is to make roy g. pay to play. i would gladly pay $5 on the weekends to reduce crowds and generate funds for course maintenance.

I would be in favor of pay to play if it meant reducing some of the issues and the money were used to maintain and improve Austin courses.

yeah..the pics were taken before it was mowed . the vid shows it for what it actually looks like now. its nice and mowed. trimmed up n all that jazzz..

i need to tlk to troy about more current pics or just take some myself the next time im there.

For players that throw 420+, Roy G is green light ALL DAY LONG. For big power players, the course is a fair, moderate challenge. I can see the course record end up being around 49.

doubters still doubting?

love love love roy g. i hurt my back again so i cant enjoy it for a while :(

btw..for anyone wondering. the course is cart friendly...its also a good idea too because u can carry more fluids and take it easy on your energy vs toting a bag with a bunch of water

Haven't watched the video of Bradley yet but he was on my card opening day and shot a 56 or so. He was hitting long "lift" putts all day, it's kinda crazy to watch. Makes me wanna try that style cuz even when he missed he was within 10-feet every time.

love love love roy g. i hurt my back again so i cant enjoy it for a while :(

btw..for anyone wondering. the course is cart friendly...its also a good idea too because u can carry more fluids and take it easy on your energy vs toting a bag with a bunch of water

Good suggestion! :thmbup:

I've been doing this a lot lately at cartable courses. Haters gonna hate but I'm not thirsty and i have alot much energy on the back nine, so F'em

Wanted to voice my opinion on the course. Played there Sunday and I was not disappointed. It lived up to everything I had heard about it and exceeded it in some ways. One of my favorite features was the amount of one discers out there giving the course a go. It makes me happy to see the sport grow. Of course it was a pain trying to play thru but I was happy to see beginners enjoying the layout. Guess they're accustom to championship caliber courses and live with it. Wish I had a course like that around here.

thx man. glad u could play it! per the one discers,i think it will be like that for a short while since it got so much advertisement and coverage. i bet most of them are searight ,zilker or cat hollow regulars. eventually itll probably lose its luster to them since its a demanding course. if not..then so be it lol

I haven't gotten around to those yet but did see what I thought was Zilker from the highway. Next time I'm in town I plan on getting to some different courses to see what all Austin has to offer. Maybe make a return trip to either Roy G. or Circle C. Greatly enjoyed both of those.

I'm loving the course so far. I really think you get a different experience playing both tees. I like having a couple of ace runs from the short tees, but also the like the challenge from the tips. Anyone know how the new distances were recorded? Are they down the fairways or straight line? Also why the huge difference between the laser numbers and the ones on the signs?

Latest posts