• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roy G opened today

that course looks friggin awesome
from that vid...I'm sure he throws far but it doesn't look like it...but amazingly effortless
incredible putting though...I wish I could be that accurate

The laser numbers were done center-fairway, with the line segmented along doglegs and turns.

i will be setting the roy g. 2 disc speedgolf record tomorrow morning at 6:30.

blue tees, 65 in 50 minutes with a flash and an aviar, meh.

my new bag for playing roy g. is a little coleman softshell cooler with a towel, mini, destroyer, flash, comet, and aviar in the side pockets. normal playing time for a foursome there should be under 2 hours without delays.

Anyone know how the new distances were recorded? Are they down the fairways or straight line? Also why the huge difference between the laser numbers and the ones on the signs?
I was the one that took the laser distances currently posted on DGCR. They're all line of sight from the tee box to the basket... unless you can't see the basket (which is rare), in that case it's measured from the tee to a tree mid-fairway, and then from that tree to the basket.

I've heard several different stories of how the tee sign distances were measured (laser, GPS, GoogleEarth, etc.) and I don't know which ones to believe. However... if you assume whoever took the original distances had their laser range finder set to meters instead of yards but they thought they were taking readings in yards, then they're dead on (within margin of error) the distances that I measured on like 12 of the 18 holes.

E.g.
Hole #1 long: my laser = 240 yards (720')

240 yards = 219 meters

219 * 3 = 657
Hole #1 long: Tee sign = 654

That happened on too many holes to just be coincidence.

Thanks for the reply. Its been driving us crazy trying to figure it out. Nice to have the actual distances. I had thought my noodle arm was even more noodly than normal.

if you assume whoever took the original distances had their laser range finder set to meters instead of yards but they thought they were taking readings in yards, then they're dead on (within margin of error) the distances that I measured on like 12 of the 18 holes.
it seems fairly apparent that it was a graphic design company, and not a disc golf-related company, that made the tee signs.

A) they don't look like garbage, and B) the distances were wack

looking to play a round tonight @6 with fellow dgcr members.