• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] RPM discs - New Zealand

I have a Kea that I got as a mystery disc from Infinite. Mine is in the "magma" plastic which is black and rubbery feeling. To me this disc is more of a tweener than a true mid. I'd rate the flight numbers as 4/4/0/3. The rim is kind of weird, but feels great in the hand. It's a cool disc, reliably overstable. Fits somewhere between a Zone and a Wasp for me, but that spot is occupied by a Suspect in my bag. It's definitely worth a try.

I've not thrown Cosmic yet, but Stratus is a slightly gummy, yet slightly chalky baseline. Similar to the BT Medium or Zero Med from Trillogy. The Atomic I've felt is like the old Star plastic that you would get sometimes that was a little bit flexible and gummy but not anywhere near as bendy as G*.

Cosmic is clear and champy looking but I've not thrown one to comment yet.

Ordering a Cosmic Piwakawaka as soon as I get paid again though.

I've not thrown Cosmic yet, but Stratus is a slightly gummy, yet slightly chalky baseline. Similar to the BT Medium or Zero Med from Trillogy. The Atomic I've felt is like the old Star plastic that you would get sometimes that was a little bit flexible and gummy but not anywhere near as bendy as G*.

Cosmic is clear and champy looking but I've not thrown one to comment yet.

Ordering a Cosmic Piwakawaka as soon as I get paid again though.

Thanks.

I have a Magma Hard Tui being delivered today. I am guessing it will be KC Pro like considering what you have said above...and the fact that it says hard in the name.

If I like the Tui in Magma Hard, I may have to try it in Cosmic.

Either way, I will report back how the plastic feels.

Ok, the Tui is the putter I have been searching for for years. Slightly understable with pretty decent glide. It is the bookend on the other side of my Envy.

Flies similar to a Comet, with a little turn, but shorter.

As far as Magma Hard plastic, it is somewhere between MVP Electron Firm and KC Pro. Mid grade, but super nice.

Bump. Ordered a Huia with a giftcard. Anybody else throw this disc? The numbers put it in the stable fairway category.

Bump. Ordered a Huia with a giftcard. Anybody else throw this disc? The numbers put it in the stable fairway category.

I don't own one, but I've thrown one for several holes. For me, it basically landed in the same spot as a Ricky Explorer and a fresh Pro Leopard.

My experience so far is limited to the Pikawakawaka...

Strata is base plastic, neutral to understable

Atomic in neutral, reminds me of Innova Star and Prodigy 400 plastic

Cosmic is not more overstable than Atomic (at least for me). Cosmic is semi transparent, like Innova Champ and Discmania C. Based on that similarity, I was expecting more stability than Atomic.

All my Pikas are fairly new, so I don't have experience with wear or beat-in.

Got a Kahu a little while ago and love the flight of it! Unfortunately it is a brown color that vanishes in the woods even when in the fairway so I had to take it out of the bag to avoid losing it. Maybe I will try it out again on some more open courses.

I also got a Kiwi, which I have heard no one else mention yet. It is a very overstable 10 speed that I had in my bag as a utility disc as I couldn't get it to go over 200 without dumping into the ground. It is in Atomic plastic and I really like the feel of it, just doesn't fly great for me.

Trying an all RPM bag for fun.

5xMagma RURU Putting putter
Magma soft TUi
Platinum TUI
Platinum RURU

Atomic PIWAKAWAKA
Magma soft KOTUKU
Atomic KOTUKU
Cosmic KEA

Atomic PEKAPEKA
Atomic HUIA
Cosmic KIWI

3x Atomic KAHU

Going from an all Discraft bag to the bag above. . . ..
The problems i have at the moment:

Putters are fine, took me quite a few RURUs to find a slightly OS one that flies like a Z Swirl LUNA but now i´m fine
A Magma TUI replaced my Fierce, RURUs the LUNA and KEA the Zone.

Mid setup is perfect no trouble there.

Fairways:
Trying to beat the crap out of one of my HUIAs to get a "Undertaker flight" ...getting there
Pekapeka flies like my old HEAT...

Drivers:
Have not found a XG KAHU so will try a few low weight Cosmic Kahus for the US slot

Going from an all Discraft bag to the bag above. . . ..
The problems i have at the moment:

Putters are fine, took me quite a few RURUs to find a slightly OS one that flies like a Z Swirl LUNA but now i´m fine
A Magma TUI replaced my Fierce, RURUs the LUNA and KEA the Zone.

Mid setup is perfect no trouble there.

Fairways:
Trying to beat the crap out of one of my HUIAs to get a "Undertaker flight" ...getting there
Pekapeka flies like my old HEAT...

Drivers:
Have not found a XG KAHU so will try a few low weight Cosmic Kahus for the US slot

In regard to the Kahu/XG I have bought many of both and have found some regular Kahu that are just as understable as the XG. Usually have a bit less dome if you can ID in person.

My current RPM bag.

Will try the Tui as my putter this week

attachment.php

Attachments

• RPM.jpg
    RPM.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 157
My current RPM bag.

Will try the Tui as my putter this week

attachment.php
The Tui is a great spin putter. The Ruru would be better if it was a 2 speed instead of a 3 for layup/push putts. I still prefer my DX Aviar over the Ruru but the Tui is slowly becoming my #1 go-to putter. I've been married to Aviars since 1999 so its hard for me to accept that I may actually prefer the Tui after only a month with it.

So far i think the Tui and Pekapeka is the stars of the lineup. . but all the molds are good.
A month in with a all RPM bag i have found a few "holes" in my bag.

I have put a Baobab in the bag for pure utility.
But the biggest hole i have is between the Piwak and Kotuku. . so for now a Buzzz is in the bag. . but i might get a Magma or Strata Kotuku to get that "buzzz flight"
My Kotukus are SO OS that i don´t really use the Kea that often...might take that out.

and i Do miss a slow low glide disc like the Berg . .

I recently found a magma soft Kea that is money. Nothing like as OS as my Atomic / Cosmic Kea's. It's like a faster Berg.

I was bagging the Kotuku until I tried an Axiom Pyro and … wow. They are very similar but the Pyro just melts into my hands.