• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] RPM discs - New Zealand

I read up on the plastics, but I think I'm still a little confused with magma vs strata. Magma is a grippier strata, right? Like dx vs. r-pro?

Magma also comes in three levels of stiffness.

iu

Is there a noticeable change in flight with the different firmnesses? Thanks for all of the info-- this is extremely helpful!

I've thrown Ruru's and Tui's in the soft/medium/hard Magma and they all flew pretty similar to me. But I hadn't been playing that long when I did that (!)

Recently I've thrown a Magma Soft Kea and that's way more straight/neutral than my Atomic Kea's, if that helps.

Recently I've thrown a Magma Soft Kea and that's way more straight/neutral than my Atomic Kea's, if that helps.

I've had a similar experience with my Magma Hard Kea and Cosmic Kea, although the Magma one has a huge dome (especially for a putter), yet the Cosmic one is totally flat, maybe even slightly puddle topped. The Magma one flies about 15m (50ft) further on a straight line.

The "normal" would be:
Cosmic most OS (more flakes=more OS), then Atomic and Magma last . . i don´t have that many Strata but the start stable but beats up fast.

Many of the Magma have more Dome than Cosmic/Atomic, , , and more glide

All the Piwakawakas i have is more US in Cosmic than Atomic. . don´t know why

The "normal" would be:
Cosmic most OS (more flakes=more OS), then Atomic and Magma last . . i don´t have that many Strata but the start stable but beats up fast.

Many of the Magma have more Dome than Cosmic/Atomic, , , and more glide

All the Piwakawakas i have is more US in Cosmic than Atomic. . don´t know why

Funny you mention this...

I have Pikawakawakas in Strata, Atomic and Cosmic. While the Strata is more US out of the box, I don't see much difference in stability between the other two (and I really expected the Champion-like Cosmic to fly differently from the G*-like Atomic).

My Cosmic might have just a little more dome than the Atomic - and it tend to want to fly a bit higher (that might be user error), but not noticeably different shape to the flight​

The Strata plastic gets chewed up pretty easy. Trees leave their mark​

I have recently added Tuis in Magma Hard and Soft

Magma Soft is crazy soft and flexible and very US​

Magma Hard is stiffer than my Strata Pikas, the hand feel isn't really all that different. The surface is a little bit "silky" for lack of a better term - it feels like basegrip on my P Model S from the Prodigy ACE line. My Magma Hard Tui throws dead straight on approaches up to 175' or so - where it starts to overlap with a powered-down Pika​

I like the Piwak but i´m not sure if really need one. .. the TUI goes FAR for a putter.

After reading the post above i think i need a new Soft Magma TUI. . i have hard and normal but both are very hard, MUCH harder than my normal RURU

But i hope they make more Platinum disc. . i have a few and i love the look :)

10% off RPM discs at Marshall Street!

I like the Piwak but i´m not sure if really need one. .. the TUI goes FAR for a putter.

After reading the post above i think i need a new Soft Magma TUI. . i have hard and normal but both are very hard, MUCH harder than my normal RURU

But i hope they make more Platinum disc. . i have a few and i love the look :)

I think I recall you throwing some discraft in the past? how does the Tui compare to the Fierce if you're able to give that comparison?

I'm bagging a cryztal and a RB fierce but kind of want to try the Tui since I've fallen in love with my Peka

I think I recall you throwing some discraft in the past? how does the Tui compare to the Fierce if you're able to give that comparison?

I'm bagging a cryztal and a RB fierce but kind of want to try the Tui since I've fallen in love with my Peka

I throw alot o Discraft, just trying a RPM bag...but a few Discraft discs is back in the bag

As of now a have a Atomic TUI and a CryZtal Fierce in the bag for the straight to US shots.
The feel of the Fierce vs TUI is WAY different
The TUI is less US and faster
I throw the TUI lower and harder, with the Fierce i will give it some hight and just let it glide.

I use the TUI more like i would a Mid, more a replacement for the SOL than it is for the Fierce ( but the TUI is not as US as the SOL)

But i DO think you can get a Magma TUI to fly more like a Fierce. .

Latest posts