• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] RPM discs - New Zealand

I like the Piwak but i´m not sure if really need one. .. the TUI goes FAR for a putter.

After reading the post above i think i need a new Soft Magma TUI. . i have hard and normal but both are very hard, MUCH harder than my normal RURU

But i hope they make more Platinum disc. . i have a few and i love the look :)
I have a cosmic Piwak and am considering a Kea but I have to question if I really need one considering how far the Tui goes. You could use the Tui as a one disc for shorter courses. But I also dont have an OS mid. My problem is that I cant decide which putter I prefer between the Tui and Ruru. The problem I dont have is that I will never buy magma plastic again. Magma sheds microplastic faster than anything I have ever seen before. Atomic and Cosmic does not chip and shed hardley at all. But I am a spin putter so I hit baskets harder than others, when I hit them. ;) I need to do a putt off between the Tui and Ruru to settle this debate. Or just keep both?

Dang! I wish the supply chain wasn't messed up. Recently I was in a tournament sponsored by RPM. We were supposed to get one RPM disc and two from Infinite Discs. I was really looking forward to getting some discs I've never tried before. Then the tournament happened and we were told part of the shipment was tied up in port and wouldn't make it. The TDs were able to get replacement discs, but I ended up getting a Viking disc and the two from Infinite. Missed out on a RPM one. Still, the Viking one was a putter and has made it into my bag....so I guess that is a win. But I really wish I could have gotten the RPM one - especially since they were the sponsors. of the tournament.

I'm looking over this thread to see if there's a RPM disc that I might pick up to try anyways.

Dang! I wish the supply chain wasn't messed up. Recently I was in a tournament sponsored by RPM. We were supposed to get one RPM disc and two from Infinite Discs. I was really looking forward to getting some discs I've never tried before. Then the tournament happened and we were told part of the shipment was tied up in port and wouldn't make it. The TDs were able to get replacement discs, but I ended up getting a Viking disc and the two from Infinite. Missed out on a RPM one. Still, the Viking one was a putter and has made it into my bag....so I guess that is a win. But I really wish I could have gotten the RPM one - especially since they were the sponsors. of the tournament.

I'm looking over this thread to see if there's a RPM disc that I might pick up to try anyways.
Well for one NZ is in lockdown (again) so they cant make anymore discs ATM. Second is the global container ship traffic jam with some ships needing to wait over a month at port before they can even check in and unload if there are any truck drivers left to drive. It almost seems like these crises are manufactured. Hmmmm, weird. Now I am not saying they are using Covid 19 to usher in a Great Reset, but Klaus Schwab (WEF) did write a book about it, titled as such, but I guess its a conspiracy until media fact checkers tell us other wise. So there's that......

Back to the Tui vs Ruru debate......which do you prefer?

On a similar note to the Ruru vs. Tui: I'm going to get a few more molds. I currently have a Strata Ruru, Cosmic Koturu, and an Atomic Huia. I want to get a Strata Koturu and a Cosmic Pekapeka to try out and want to get one more.

Should I go for a premium putter? or pick up a driver to have? Thoughts to round out my selection? Obviously it's subjective, but wanted to see what your opinions are!

On a similar note to the Ruru vs. Tui: I'm going to get a few more molds. I currently have a Strata Ruru, Cosmic Koturu, and an Atomic Huia. I want to get a Strata Koturu and a Cosmic Pekapeka to try out and want to get one more.

Should I go for a premium putter? or pick up a driver to have? Thoughts to round out my selection? Obviously it's subjective, but wanted to see what your opinions are!
My opinion is that RPM completely wrecked my plan for an all Innova bag. I was gifted a cosmic Peka. Then I picked up an atomic Tui. Now I have a magma Ruru and cosmic Piwak with a cosmic Kea, cosmic Tui and a Ruru in both cosmic and atomic on order. Looks like my bag will end up being mostly RPM when all is said and done with a few Innova discs to fill in the holes. I'm glad I was gifted that Peka and found RPM. I like em.

I kinda prefer cosmic plastic as it has a bit more grip than atomic. It almost feels like a mix between champion and G star whereas atomic feels like harder star almost champion like plastic?? Am I right?? Can anyone else confirm this?

Regarding cheaper plastics (magma, strata, DX etc.) I am forever done with them. I perfer discs that last and dont shed, chip or warp so easily. Plus I get better flights out of the better plastics.

Kahu help please? I know nothing about RPM.

Not the perfect comparison, but like a thinner Nuke. Very fast with a good amount of horizonal motion.

Fair turn, reasonable fade? Nothing too crazy? I haven't thrown a Nuke since the SS/OS came out I'd say (memories aren't always accurate).

Fair turn, reasonable fade? Nothing too crazy? I haven't thrown a Nuke since the SS/OS came out I'd say (memories aren't always accurate).

Truth be told, it's been a while since I've thrown a Kahu. But yeah, decent turn and fade. I think the one I got was more US, but the -1/2 turn/fade seems accurate base on what I've seen. At 400' plus, you'll definitely need to release with bit of hyzer.

Someone else might want to give a testimony as well! If you can find a Kahu XG (extra glide) which comes with a pop-top, I've heard those are money.

Threw my RPM plastic today trying to get used to the glow bag in the daylight. The Kea is basically a drop in replacement for the zone. I didn't throw the Tui as much. I did definitely have a couple throws where it was useful-touchy straight shots and annys that needed to hold. I could probably putt just fine with it too, but for now I'm sticking with my glow wizard.

My only complaint about RPM so far is how easily the Strata plastic chips and gouges (and I guess it's more of a lesson learned than a complaint).

It's too bad, because my discs in Strata -Piwakawaka and Pekapeka - (Oh my God I can't believe I just typed that) have significant late turn that their Atomic and Cosmic versions don't. A few tree hits or plays on rocky fairways result in really chewed up discs.

Overall I'm loving RPM discs (now bagging those mentioned above plus Tui and Ruru), and I'm hoping the more durable plastics will beat in for me as a longterm solution to the Strata versions.

My only complaint about RPM so far is how easily the Strata plastic chips and gouges (and I guess it's more of a lesson learned than a complaint).

It's too bad, because my discs in Strata -Piwakawaka and Pekapeka - (Oh my God I can't believe I just typed that) have significant late turn that their Atomic and Cosmic versions don't. A few tree hits or plays on rocky fairways result in really chewed up discs.

Overall I'm loving RPM discs (now bagging those mentioned above plus Tui and Ruru), and I'm hoping the more durable plastics will beat in for me as a longterm solution to the Strata versions.

Are your strata discs getting chewed up to where there are gouges that make the grip uncomfortable? I'm working on beating in a Peak and Ruru and so far they're getting normal base-line wear.

Are your strata discs getting chewed up to where there are gouges that make the grip uncomfortable? I'm working on beating in a Peak and Ruru and so far they're getting normal base-line wear.

Yeah, both the outside and the bottom edges are getting gouged - enough so that I have to turn it a bit to find spots where they're not in my grip. Your mileage may vary.

BTW - I tried an Axiom Paradox in neutron this morning when I was doing field work, with an eye toward replacing the understable strata Pika. It was very windy, but throwing straight upwind and downwind, the Paradox flew almost the same lines as the strata Pika. That's only one field session, but I'm wondering if I've found a solution...

My Cosmic Pika is more US than my Atomic, , , the Cosmic is now my most US mid i had s SOL in the bag but i dont need that anymore.

Now if i only could get one my Kotukus to be less OS i can take the Buzzz out and be down to a 2 mold mid setup

My Cosmic Pika is more US than my Atomic, , , the Cosmic is now my most US mid i had s SOL in the bag but i dont need that anymore.

Now if i only could get one my Kotukus to be less OS i can take the Buzzz out and be down to a 2 mold mid setup

Seems like Strata seems to be contentious, but my strata Kotuku is much straighter than my metal flake Cosmic with the same reliable fade. I'm planning on cycling Kotukus when my strata breaks in a little more. Despite its tendency to chip/gouge, I really like the feel of it.

Played my first glow round last night in preparation for a glow tourney this weekend. I pretty much wound up throwing glow Pekapeka/Kotuku/Piwakawaka off all but 3 of the tees (and could've used them there if not for wanting to give the other glow discs in my bag a chance)

The glow seems pretty decent, I noticed the Piwaka was brightest, and Pekapeka least bright, although all of the RPM discs glowed well enough to see the full flight and have an idea where they landed, They also seemed to charge/regain glow the quickest out of anything in my bag, especially helpful if you're looking for them, a quick scan with your UV light and they're immediately visible.
Other discs in my glow bag for comparison included: sexton firebird, glow md3, color glow mako3, moonshine judge, mvp reactor, mvp envy. The RPM out performed everything except the MVP stuff which isn't even in the same ballpark, the MVP discs look like they have LED lights on them while flying through the air, and 2 holes later they're still giving off light in the bag shining through the other discs.

Also, last night was my first time throwing the Piwakawaka and man, it's a fun disc. like a baby Pekapeka (or at least I imagine the pekapeka would shape the same lines once it's more beat in or for a faster arm than mine) If I had to play a 4 disc round, I'd go with my usual putter, and the Peka/Piwak/Kotuku combo. The RPM stuff really seems to do a good job of still making the same line shapes at different power levels compared to some of the other discs in my bag

I find the same. Cosmic will be a touch more US than an Atomic of the same disc, same weight. I also get an extra 1-3 ft more with cosmic over the same atomic disc when driving. I can say I now prefer cosmic to any other plastic out there. The feel, the flight, etc. YMMV.
I was undecided which putter I prefered, when I only had an atomic tui and a magma Ru-Ru. Now that I have both in atomic and cosmic I prefer the Cosmic Ru-Ru. First throw was an "Oh-Wow!" moment as it floated into the basket. I will still keep the Cosmic Tui in my bag as it fills other needs or situations but the Cosmic Ru-Ru for anything less than 100ft is money. I swear it's magnetized as it hits the basket more than any other putter I own. I'm ordering more. [emoji23]

Dear RPM dude who is secretly lurking and reading what others think. Here is a photo of your cosmic Ruru's. I really like the added color saturation over the more transparent and easier to lose colors. Please more of that, and more of that hot pink and bright orange. I'll take 5 hot pink Cosmic RuRu's please.
Shut up and take my money. [emoji28]Screenshot_20211028-201154.jpg

P.S would also like to see saturated cosmic discs in baby blue and please for the love of god do another run of these. [emoji7]
a14a026e4df753c18f9944b67f98b7a4.jpg