• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rules enforcement from top PDGA pros

Yup, if you win your local weekly doubles and take the money you are, by definition, a pro.

Simplicity of rules is a great strength.

It would be wrong to deliberately change the rules for different divisions on the basis of; having differences means being a mature sport.

Any rules variation should clear a high bar before needing to vary by division in my view.

Personally I don't really agree with trying to punish people for alcohol consumption beyond the current rules around it.

In terms of the rules around having no distractions I think as long as the playing area is safe to throw players should be on the clock, anyone associated with the tournament causing deliberate distractions during play should be heavily sanctioned but play should just continue. 30 seconds is plenty of time for someone to make a play. If players feel time pressured by that I don't see that as a detriment to the sport.

Maybe...
You must take your stance once it is safe to throw. Once you take your stance you have 30 seconds to complete the throw.

Emphasis on ONCE

I couldn't verify that... do you have a link to the rule that says that? Thanks.

I also don't see anywhere it says it pauses as opposes to re-sets, but I fully understand that interpretation.

But I agree completely regarding the vagueness of this rule.

I am glad they will clarify with next update. I've always said that IMHO, it currently says AFTER the area is free and clear of distractions. If, for example, a distraction appears 15 seconds in, and then it clears after 5 more seconds, the time at that point is still AFTER the original clearance. I don't think there is an argument there. However, I respect the RC's interpretation and Krupicka knows.

I've known players who'd embellish this "alleged re-set" on a windy day. Because you can't go 30 seconds without a piece of paper or something blowing across your line of sight when it's windy. What they were really waiting for was the short break in the wind.

this fits this thread too perfectly to make a new one for it, even if this is something of a necro-bump and may not be seen by as many people as a new thread.

here is Simon talking about calling, or rather not calling, time violations:

I got 2 minutes in and stopped. He said calling rule infractions gives the card a bad vibe.

Let's do away with rules.

I got 2 minutes in and stopped. He said calling rule infractions gives the card a bad vibe.

Let's do away with rules.

God forbid that someone who makes disc golf their job has to do something they don't want to do... I mean- no one else's job puts them in unpleasant situations EVER. :\

God forbid that someone who makes disc golf their job has to do something they don't want to do... I mean- no one else's job puts them in unpleasant situations EVER. :\

Sorry but people in other lines of work are put in "unpleasant" situations all the time.

Following rules is not one of those situations.

Sorry but people in other lines of work are put in "unpleasant" situations all the time.

Following rules is not one of those situations.

I do believe we have an illustration of sarchasm.

I may be opening myself for some flaming here, but I'm going to state an OPINION.
First, a fact:
The original rule was created to prevent running long jumps at the basket.

No, it wasn't. Dan "Stork" Roddick and Jim Palmeri came up with the rule during the 1974 American Flying Disc Open after Stork used the falling face-plant putt to take the lead in the first round. That's straight from the [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpfIvq8oIc]interview with Stork on Running It with Nate Sexton[/url].

Latest posts