• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

WyKsIMN.jpg

mvpsticker-small.jpg

Ion_P_S_Ice_Blue__65343.1373654203.220.220.png

Nano_Proton_Standard.jpg

So it has a molecule. Not really Zam's style, but I understand what people are saying. He's seen it, and I don't think it's a problem.

Jimbo, if nolan keeps giving you crap you should just make the Helium logo a picture of him hitting a helium tank for the high-pitched voice effect. That would be golden.

no feedback on the lighter 2nd runs?

Based on reviews we are getting at Disc Nation, the lighter runs are providing a much better flight. With pretty much everyone saying something along the lines of "longest drive of my life". A few people have definitely changed their tune around here after not enjoying the heavy ones at first.

Personally I like them in the 180's, I feel like they have a more unique flight than the lighter ones, and they are great rollers!! I have 4 more of the clear prototypes coming in the mail soon, making a total of 6 out of the first 10 before they added color!! Also have 2 of the 8 clear heliums that they made!! Need to get some dyes on a couple of them so that I can take them out on the course!!

Based on reviews we are getting at Disc Nation, the lighter runs are providing a much better flight. With pretty much everyone saying something along the lines of "longest drive of my life". A few people have definitely changed their tune around here after not enjoying the heavy ones at first.

Thanks. I can see how that could be the case for many people and I was surprised how it flies at 180+ really had a lot more glide than lighter discs I have thrown for sure and not sold on them but can say its unique enough that I am liking it thus far. Its pretty damn controllable for being huge/heavy and what would appear to be very high speed as well.. what would you rate the FR's flight wise vs the light ones?

My super beefy FR's that scale 190+ are very overstable, the 180s seem stable/flippy, and my 170s seem stable/overstable. I'm not sure about others' experiences, but that's the case with the Prometheii that I have.

are PLH's consistent and weight is just that much of a factor in stability? I will have 2 more FR's to test soon... LMK if u have a spare lighter run id throw in with another video.

I will have to take another look when I get home, but I will say that the lighter ones do feel quite a bit different than the heavies. Not the plastic blend, but the flight plate is flatter and feels a little tighter if that makes sense. On the heavy ones, there is a slight dome and the flight plate is gummy and flexible, where the lighter ones are flat and like I said, the flight plate just feels as if it was pulled tighter.

I know exactly what you are saying. I can see the current FR's getting wonky over time hopefully they don't "clover-top" but who knows might make them fly nice lol!?

With consistent use the 188g First Run I have is starting to turn over on throws and glide a LONG way. It used be monstrously overstable with minimal glide as others have stated. So there is hope for the heavies as they break in.

These reviews sound a lot like my experiences. I have a 185g (my favorite) and a couple lighter ones (168g, 172g). The heavier one is controllable and flies straight and far for me. Great for rollers as well. The lighter ones seem just as stable if not a little more, and the other people I have let throw them have all been happily impressed with the flight. I know of two people that immediately ordered themselves one online. Overall very fun discs to throw.