• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Salient Disc Golf

Keep releasing innovative stuff. Every company does the "flies like a longer roc"

Keep releasing innovative stuff. Every company does the "flies like a longer roc"

I agree with this, but it would be nice to see the difinitive "better roc". I don't know what really innovative concepts you could incorperate into a mid. I mean, the Prometheus has the control of a mid, glide of a fairway driver and distance of a long distance driver. What would they do with the mid? Glide of a fairway driver, control of a putter and distance of a mid? lol... Just not sure what you could do other than perfect what we already have.

to be honest with you? i have a few intents for using this disc.

1) to train with to feel the "hit" easily since the rim has so much weight.

2) for SUPER long OH rollers. crucial to me since i throw LHFH/OH and RHBH. if i don't have the space for a backhand roller, then i want to use OH.

3) massive freaking skips, if possible. i can name a few uphill shots where there is a low ceiling. you can take a spike hyzer route up and around the tree or you can really rail it at the hill and have it skip a LOOOONG way up to the top, by the pin. i love to try and take alternate routes. it's fun, and actually sometimes more reliable than just throwing the disc to the pin.

if they could make a harder or more OS version of the prometheus, i think it would skip better and roll better. i could see it being a freaking amazing utility disc, being OS yet still getting great distance and use.

i think how heavy it is would help counteract the sail effect as a roller since the disc itself is so huge, but i don't know for sure. just toying with ideas in my head.

to be honest with you? i have a few intents for using this disc.

1) to train with to feel the "hit" easily since the rim has so much weight.

2) for SUPER long OH rollers. crucial to me since i throw LHFH/OH and RHBH. if i don't have the space for a backhand roller, then i want to use OH.

3) massive freaking skips, if possible. i can name a few uphill shots where there is a low ceiling. you can take a spike hyzer route up and around the tree or you can really rail it at the hill and have it skip a LOOOONG way up to the top, by the pin. i love to try and take alternate routes. it's fun, and actually sometimes more reliable than just throwing the disc to the pin.

if they could make a harder or more OS version of the prometheus, i think it would skip better and roll better. i could see it being a freaking amazing utility disc, being OS yet still getting great distance and use.

i think how heavy it is would help counteract the sail effect as a roller since the disc itself is so huge, but i don't know for sure. just toying with ideas in my head.

Don't expect to hit huge skips with this disc like a triple x or trident. The skips on the Prometheus are very minimal. One of the things I love about it

training to feel the hit is better with a light disc

hmm. i throw light discs, but when i threw the prometheus (one time, let's keep in mind) it was blatantly obvious when i was supposed to grip/when the hammer was pounding because there was just so much weight, impossible to not feel the weight slamming around.

maybe i'm doing it wrong. **shrug** wouldn't surprised me; that's why i've got a thread in the technique forum, haha.

Heavy discs can be useufl for improving overall speed and "power" after you already have solid technique. Feeling the hit requires muscle memory and repetition, which is easier to do when the object is light. Or well...thats how it worked for me and the ones I teach

We tested them in bags at Disc Nation. They fit fine. If you can fit a condor in your bag, you can fit a Prometheus

We tested them in bags at Disc Nation. They fit fine. If you can fit a condor in your bag, you can fit a Prometheus

Putter pocket disc? I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but condors don't fit too well in voodoo bags, or any bag that has hard side walls.

Putter pocket disc? I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but condors don't fit too well in voodoo bags, or any bag that has hard side walls.

All premium bags have a depth of at-least 9 inches, Prometheus is less than 9 inches in diameter and we made that a point during the design that it would fit in all DG bags/backpacks including our upcoming Catalyst backpack.

All premium bags have a depth of at-least 9 inches, Prometheus is less than 9 inches in diameter and we made that a point during the design that it would fit in all DG bags/backpacks including our upcoming Catalyst backpack.

You should make your next one bigger. I have a Golf Mahal, I don't care if it doesn't fit in anyone else's bag.:D

Latest posts