• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how compact it is. Done the hoodie, stool, and water bladder test yet? the third one i am particularly curious about

I love how compact it is. Done the hoodie, stool, and water bladder test yet? the third one i am particularly curious about

I won't do those till tomorrow probably. To me the biggest disappointment is the top pocket. I was really hoping it would be a little bit bigger. The attached pic shows it full and how shallow it is with my wallet, 2 minis, and my iPhone. I will say the bag is light and feels comfortable when I put it on. image.jpg

I won't do those till tomorrow probably. To me the biggest disappointment is the top pocket. I was really hoping it would be a little bit bigger. The attached pic shows it full and how shallow it is with my wallet, 2 minis, and my iPhone. I will say the bag is light and feels comfortable when I put it on. View attachment 43248

pretty sure thats how it was designed...have you tried putting putters in that pocket yet?

I'm kind of amazed that you're a sales rep/customer service guy but didn't receive a bag in advance.

How are you supposed to provide info when you are the one asking all the questions?

Not an attack against you - just an observation.

I'm kind of amazed that you're a sales rep/customer service guy but didn't receive a bag in advance.

How are you supposed to provide info when you are the one asking all the questions?

Not an attack against you - just an observation.

Well at the time of the announcement, i was still just a forum rep. not a full sales and customer service rep. I tried to tell Chris this but he used all 3 bags for demoing the colors at all the various tournaments in the Carolinas so I had to wait just like everyone else. As for that very top pocket. thats pretty much how it was designed. just for your keys phone and wallet, placed right all 3 could fit or just clip your keys on the towel ring

One last pic, loaded with 24 disc total, and everything in the main compartment still pulls out pretty easily. The top pocket isn't a big deal, I just recall it being said in another thread that it was 6x6x8, and it's not that deep or that wide. It's not an issue for me, just not as big as I was expecting. Overall I'm pleased with the bag. Gonna try to play a round with it tomorrow if I get a chance

image.jpg

I think It looks amazing! does it feel heavy on your back?

No, it's pretty comfortable. Doesn't feel any heavier than the grip L series that I used to have. And it feels better than my innova competition bag that had the innova quad straps. Overall I am pleased with the bag, but the real test comes when it's out on the course.

Glad I didnt order one now... I thought the video was kinda fishy that they never showed closing the flap over go and get it area with the discs in there. Judging by the pics provided it looks like plenty more room to make that top pocket bigger. For sure think they dropped the ball on that one. I would have to watch the video again but pretty sure the bag in video had an actual storage area and not a thin zippered flap. Not trying to be a dick at all and before some internet warrior comes charging in here .... I have the right to voice my opinion. Maybe I would feel different if I had got one for preorder price but no way I would pay the current price . The straps look pretty thin and not very reinforced based on the video and that is one area of concern which steered me from buying one. Straps break and your done. :(

Hope im wrong and it works out for you guys. I am sure they sold a boatload at preorder price and would be a mess if they werent up to par.

Last edited:
No, it's pretty comfortable. Doesn't feel any heavier than the grip L series that I used to have. And it feels better than my innova competition bag that had the innova quad straps. Overall I am pleased with the bag, but the real test comes when it's out on the course.

This is very true! Did it have better storage than the grip?

I think the Grip had better storage. But I did buy this bag understanding that it is a medium sized bag, and not as big as the grip.

are you talking about disc storage or other storage? like how does the side compartment relate to the grips?

Glad I didnt order one now... I thought the video was kinda fishy that they never showed closing the flap over go and get it area with the discs in there. Judging by the pics provided it looks like plenty more room to make that top pocket bigger. For sure think they dropped the ball on that one. I would have to watch the video again but pretty sure the bag in video had an actual storage area and not a thin zippered flap. Not trying to be a dick at all and before some internet warrior comes charging in here .... I have the right to voice my opinion. Maybe I would feel different if I had got one for preorder price but no way I would pay the current price . The straps look pretty thin and not very reinforced based on the video and that is one area of concern which steered me from buying one. Straps break and your done. :(

Hope im wrong and it works out for you guys. I am sure they sold a boatload at preorder price and would be a mess if they werent up to par.

I just want to clear up that I was able to close the go and get it flap with disc in it. It just doesn't Velcro up as easily as I would like it to. Also originally the putters I put in there weren't quite all the way pushed to the back, a little fold in the fabric was keeping them from sliding back but it flattened out with a little extra push. As far as the straps, that's definitely one of my main concerns. They feel sturdy, but it's a vulnerable part of the bag, so we'll see how the hold up.

I think it's going to be a good bag, especially for the preorder price, but only time will tell

I just want to clear up that I was able to close the go and get it flap with disc in it. It just doesn't Velcro up as easily as I would like it to. Also originally the putters I put in there weren't quite all the way pushed to the back, a little fold in the fabric was keeping them from sliding back but it flattened out with a little extra push. As far as the straps, that's definitely one of my main concerns. They feel sturdy, but it's a vulnerable part of the bag, so we'll see how the hold up.

I think it's going to be a good bag, especially for the preorder price, but only time will tell

iacas and myself have felt with these straps before. I haven't had any issues and nether has he. I'll be surprised if they rip and if the ly do it will probably be the threads. are they at least comfortable?

are you talking about disc storage or other storage? like how does the side compartment relate to the grips?

I personally don't carry a lot of extra stuff with me on the course, so for me both bags are probably about the same. I will say that the catalyst long side pockets are deep, but when disc are in the other side pockets it really limits what you can fit in them. I'm hoping they will stretch out a little more over time, although I am skeptical about ever fitting a hoodie or fleece jacket in it. For me, it seems like it's going to fit everything I need when I play.

iacas and myself have felt with these straps before. I haven't had any issues and nether has he. I'll be surprised if they rip and if the ly do it will probably be the threads. are they at least comfortable?

The straps are comfortable, and overall the bag is as we'll. I know you say you have experienced these straps, but is this the same manufacturer that produced the physical flight bags? I know it is the same designer, but I was under the impression that salient used a different manufacturer than what was used for the physical flight bags

Cool !! Thanks for sharing the pics and the info on the go get it flap. Is it a case of they should made the flap a bit bigger so it would close better?? Exciting to get a new bag nonetheless and I wish you luck with it. May it bring you many rounds of enjoyment. I have been following the thread and felt bad it was taking so long for you guys who ordered. Glad the bags are finally arriving to customers.

They should have done an orange and grey color combo. That would have been cool!!

Cool !! Thanks for sharing the pics and the info on the go get it flap. Is it a case of they should made the flap a bit bigger so it would close better?? Exciting to get a new bag nonetheless and I wish you luck with it. May it bring you many rounds of enjoyment. I have been following the thread and felt bad it was taking so long for you guys who ordered. Glad the bags are finally arriving to customers.

They should have done an orangr and grey color combo. That would have been cool!!

reminds me of the whole flak3 incident don't ya think? ;)

They should have done an orangr and grey color combo. That would have been cool!!

Yeah I think if the flap was just slightly bigger it would close better. I've got 2 putters in mine, with 2 drivers it might close better. An orange and grey color combo would look pretty sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts