• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of this BS aside...
I would like some suggestions on how to make the dead space at the top a usable storage area
I know its tough to figure out too much with out the bag sitting here, but we can start brainstorming about a mod. based on what pics and videos we have.

I think if you kept the zipper or whatever inside of the handle mounts, and down on the side, it would be tougher

You could store Salient's excuses in there.

i guess you both missed this part :\

Exactly what business are we dealing with? who does business like that?

Courtesy of south Carolina Secretary of State Mark Hammond:

This message has been brought to you by Stalkers Anonymous. heh

Man for a startup in this industry has to be difficult. Now with a tanked disc, failed bag, shoes that will never be purchased by the people that would support them, and well....

Did the Prometheus tank? I hadn't seen several retailers pipe up that they aren't selling any of them. I've seen a lot of folks here on DGCR talking about buying multiples and liking it.

i guess you both missed this part :\

Probably so. It was kinda funny tho :)

Did the Prometheus tank? I hadn't seen several retailers pipe up that they aren't selling any of them. I've seen a lot of folks here on DGCR talking about buying multiples and liking it.

Probably so. It was kinda funny tho :)

yeah Prometheus didn't tank, it's selling really well actually as well the antidote im sure

Okay tanked was harsh. There were some sold, I'd venture to guess not many shops carried them, and I'd be sure that there are some still available. If it was half of what the non hippie designers promised, it would be in a ton of bags and most certainly be talked about more here. I'd close shop and re open under a different name at this point. Just googling the company can lead you here. Then game over. Either way I'd like to see them survive.

Okay tanked was harsh. There were some sold, I'd venture to guess not many shops carried them, and I'd be sure that there are some still available. If it was half of what the non hippie designers promised, it would be in a ton of bags and most certainly be talked about more here. I'd close shop and re open under a different name at this point. Just googling the company can lead you here. Then game over. Either way I'd like to see them survive.

People would know and the anger and frustration would just pour over/get worse.

Hears an idea...actually handle the situation with textbook quality business moves.

Wow, most depressing thread ever haha

All I can say is I love my FADE tourney. I had one for a year and the strap anchors began pulling out (not all the way, just began showing signs of weakening), I emailed them photos asking how to repair it. I didn't expect anything, I mean it was a year old, but they straight up replaced it.....and I had plasti-dipped it!!

Not only did I get a new bag with improved strap anchors, but they sent me a FADE Lite also!!

FADE all day for me. I'll wait until they make a backpack bag before I buy anything new.

I thought tanked was the proper word to use. Right now the disc is still in that early adopter phase in which not many people have them so vendors and end customers will buy it because it is something different and "cool". Id like to see the numbers on repeat customers. Everyone that I know that has one, threw it a few times to see if it was something revolutionary and when they decided it wasnt they just packed it away with a lot of other discs.

all of this BS aside...
I would like some suggestions on how to make the dead space at the top a usable storage area
I know its tough to figure out too much with out the bag sitting here, but we can start brainstorming about a mod. based on what pics and videos we have.

I think if you kept the zipper or whatever inside of the handle mounts, and down on the side, it would be tougher

ideas anyone^^^^^^^^?

or are we just going to continue to flog this deceased equestrian

Seems like Salient did a well enough job of continuously beating their own horse to death.

"Heh." DB.

This info's valuable if your'e dealing with a company who might portray themselves as being somewhat shady, and especially if you feel that you're being lied to as a customer. It sure seems that there's at least a few people in here who share this feeling.
What if Salient dissolves their LLC in an attempt to not repair X number of bags that are defective? That link I provided is where you'd check. It's public record from the state of SC, and took all of seven seconds to find. Would I put that past them at this point? No.

The Physical Flight Contender has a piece of plastic (?) that separates the upper storage area from the lower area where the discs reside. It is attached to the inside of the bag with velcro so that it's removable. Don't know if the Catalyst's a zipper position permits this as an aftermarket solution.

P.S. This wasn't really a "first time bag" for a company. Chris via Physical Flight had made several bags. So it's not quite the same as the Grip scenario.

Correct... the history is something like this: (I have no release dates, but it's over several years)

Performance Pack - Traditional duffle bag style

Challenger - first attempt at backpack style

Contender I - New improved backpack bag (I participated in pre-order and got a great bag)

Contender II - Even better version of Contender

Catalyst - Originally going to be PF Skirmish

So this isn't their first rodeo by far. Physical Flight really didn't suffer from any initial issues really. They got it right the first time... so while this may be Salients first bag, in reality, it's the 5th bag for the owner/designer.

ideas anyone^^^^^^^^?
or are we just going to continue to flog this deceased equestrian

I guess the few obvious ideas would be to gain access through either the front zippered valuables pocket, the top of one of the vertical side pockets, or the top of the Go Get It slots.
It would require cutting the bag, which would most definitely void warranty, and I'm not sure I want to go there just yet.
You could secure the new storage space by not fully removing the cut portion of fabric (only cut three sides), and adding velcro all cut sides, much like the bottom of the storage space on the Contender is fashioned. It's the size of the access point to the proposed storage area that may be the limitation, as none of my proposed access points would allow for that large of an area to be cut.

... so while this may be Salients first bag, in reality, it's the 5th bag for the owner/designer.
Are we sure that PF and Salient arent the same company? The State of SC sure seems to think so.

Last edited:
ideas anyone^^^^^^^^?

I think people need to get their own bags before they can start speculating.

My only idea would be to cut whatever lining is in there now and possibly to find some way to attach it to the sides to form the floor of a much larger storage area that would actually be the size promised by Chris.

Or perhaps there's already some container out there that is the right size and could be set inside there.

@ScottyLove, the mini pocket on the original Contender is useless, but I don't really care. But it's worth mentioning. The bag wasn't completely without issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts