• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try to answer a few questions since it seems like I'm the only person with a bag so far. As far as receiving a disc with my bag I did not receive one. I ordered my bag on october 16th, so I guess I missed it by a day. I had purchased a Prometheus circuit board stamp from salient and was told it would ship with my bag, but it did not. Sent an email and they said it was a miscommunication and they would ship it out soon.

As far as the long side pockets, the one where the video shows an XL hoodie being pulled from, and the stool being stored; I tried to put a medium hoodie in it last night and there was no way it would fit. I did the test with both my main compartment full of 16 disc and the side pockets with 2 disc. I also took disc out of the side pocket and it was still to tight to fit my rolled medium hoodie, or the fleece jacket I tried

As previously stated the top pocket is much smaller than described in other threads. It really is just a valuables pocket, and not much else will fit in there.

I am going to try my hardest to get a video up this afternoon to show the pros and cons of the bag, if I can get out of work early enough. Hope some of these descriptions help, and hopefully some other folks will be getting their bags soon to offer up more descriptions and reviews
Did u pay the preorder price?

Also my bag didn't require a signature from UPS, they just rang the bell and left it on the front porch. And according to FB, salient just completed the first run of antidotes last night, so people who's bags haven't shipped must be delayed because they are getting that disc and they weren't ready until last night, instead of last week like salient had earlier thought. Not sure, but that's just my observation.

What this means is that Salient has indeed shipped your package. They are probably using UPS online or tey do make a stand alone program. Either way, how it works is that when they plug in all of your info into the program and print the shipping label the "A UPS shipping label has been created" status will appear when you look of the tracking number online. Now if they created these label at a facility that is not UPS (which they most likely did because shipping 500+ bags from a UPS location would be annoying as heck) and did so after pickup hours (usually 4-5pm) then the packages would not e piced up until the next day or they would have to be dropped off at a UPS location. Either way, if you get that message then that means that Salient has done their job and shipped the packages and it is now all on UPS.
See that was the thought except the email about the lables was sent on the fifth. Almost a week ago and there has been no movement.

Ok First i sincerely apologize on behalf of chris for that post matt about the size and depth of the pocket. That pocket never originally extended into the back of the bag, he meant to say its an 8x6 pocket not a 8x6x6. The opening of the go get it slot extends to the back of the bag, so it wouldn't be possible to open the back of that pocket because you would have storage items falling on top of your go get it discs. make sense?
i dont understand this :confused:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2100014&postcount=33
this ^^^^ is very clear and concise, both the question and answer, no way to confuse any of it :mad:

so now my thoughts are...
can you remove the rigid piece in the "go and get it slot" to get access to the dead space area?

See that was the thought except the email about the lables was sent on the fifth. Almost a week ago and there has been no movement.

It could be just because they havent called in a pickup. Since you can print the labels whenever you want, so maybe they have everything set and ready to go and they were just waiting on the antidote. If thats the case then its a smart move on their part because then all they have to do is toss the disc in the box, tape it up and then they are done. Instead of having to to then ship them all from there.

What this means is that Salient has indeed shipped your package. They are probably using UPS online or tey do make a stand alone program. Either way, how it works is that when they plug in all of your info into the program and print the shipping label the "A UPS shipping label has been created" status will appear when you look of the tracking number online. Now if they created these label at a facility that is not UPS (which they most likely did because shipping 500+ bags from a UPS location would be annoying as heck) and did so after pickup hours (usually 4-5pm) then the packages would not e piced up until the next day or they would have to be dropped off at a UPS location. Either way, if you get that message then that means that Salient has done their job and shipped the packages and it is now all on UPS.

Sorry but you are mistaken in your assumption. Just because Salient entered all the shipping info into the UPS Wolrdship program doesn't mean it is now all on UPS. It simply means these boxes have been entered in and generated the shipping label to go out at some point in time, when UPS picks them up or when Salient drops them off. They have not "shipped" until UPS has them.

What it appears based on reading here is everything is all set to go but their was some minor delay on the new midrange disc that was promised to customers for the bag delay. It would appear Salient has the bags ready, boxed and shipping generated and is simply waiting for the discs to complete the package and then ship them out.

You can generate a shipping label at any time, doesnt mean the item is shipped. Only when UPS receives the package(s) and updates the tracking info does it go from shipping-hold to shipped status.

It could be just because they havent called in a pickup. Since you can print the labels whenever you want, so maybe they have everything set and ready to go and they were just waiting on the antidote. If thats the case then its a smart move on their part because then all they have to do is toss the disc in the box, tape it up and then they are done. Instead of having to to then ship them all from there.

Correct. However they released a statement saying that everything has been shipped. Ill wait til the end of the day to make a complete judgement but as of 9am est my package has not been shipped according to ups

Sorry but you are mistaken in your assumption. Just because Salient entered all the shipping info into the UPS Wolrdship program doesn't mean it is now all on UPS. It simply means these boxes have been entered in and generated the shipping label to go out at some point in time, when UPS picks them up or when Salient drops them off. They have not "shipped" until UPS has them.

What it appears based on reading here is everything is all set to go but their was some minor delay on the new midrange disc that was promised to customers for the bag delay. It would appear Salient has the bags ready, boxed and shipping generated and is simply waiting for the discs to complete the package and then ship them out.

You can generate a shipping label at any time, doesnt mean the item is shipped. Only when UPS receives the package(s) and updates the tracking info does it go from shipping-hold to shipped status.

Not mistaken, just mixed my words up, my next post says exactly what you just said here.

Not mistaken, just mixed my words up, my next post says exactly what you just said here.

In your first post you were mistaken and not up to date. Just saying. I don't see how you could have mixed up your words with the first statement. :\

this ^^^^ is very clear and concise, both the question and answer, no way to confuse any of it :mad:

can you remove the rigid piece in the "go and get it slot" to get access to the dead space area?

No when you pull the divider out, it just makes the go and get it area looser and less rigid. There is no way to get into any other area of the bag from there.

Last edited:
A pic of me trying to fit in a size small hoodie in the side pocket. Had this thing rolled up as tight as I could and I couldn't get it in. Didn't have any disc in the putter side pocket and have 15 drivers in the main compartment. This was also not a very thick hoodie, it's comparable to a mountain hardware winds tipper material if you're familiar with that. I do think a stool would fit fine, like what was shown in the YouTube video posted by salient. Not knocking the bag, just wanted to show what I've noticed so far. Hope this helps you guys

image.jpg

A pic of me trying to fit in a size small hoodie in the side pocket. Had this thing rolled up as tight as I could and I couldn't get it in. Didn't have any disc in the putter side pocket and have 15 drivers in the main compartment. This was also not a very thick hoodie, it's comparable to a mountain hardware winds tipper material if you're familiar with that. I do think a stool would fit fine, like what was shown in the YouTube video posted by salient. Not knocking the bag, just wanted to show what I've noticed so far. Hope this helps you guys

View attachment 43257

stupid question, have you tried forcing it down? tht opening isn't very big but once the object was pushed through to the bottom of the pocket it looks like it could fit

tumblr_ln0te7pdOc1qitp7go1_250.gif

for those who can't get full tracking I'm getting an answer from Chris to see if the bags have been packed AND shipped or just packed and will be officially SHIPPED today. sit tight

View attachment 43257

It looks like feeding it down into the space might work better than rolling it up. I'd love to try it on mine, but it's still waiting for pickup. (#433)

I agree with you Matt, I dont think it was a typo or a mistake. I think it was an outright lie and now Chris is trying to walk it back through DGfanatic instead of owning up to his misrepresentation of his product and apologizing to his customers.

I agree with you Matt, I dont think it was a typo or a mistake. I think it was an outright lie and now Chris is trying to walk it back through DGfanatic instead of owning up to his misrepresentation of his product and apologizing to his customers.

I do not believe it was a lie.
But it might have been lost/changed in the design vs. production process.

I still believe these guys are trying to do a good job and doing the best they can

sooooo, i was going to get this bag with some cash my moms gave me for my birthday. but after reading this thread, i will be avoiding it. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts