• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
sooooo, i was going to get this bag with some cash my moms gave me for my birthday. but after reading this thread, i will be avoiding it. :mad:

^Get a Grip A right now while they are on sale. $176 bucks

Honestly ya got to give it to them for trying... it looks like a great bag and salients first i believe. This bag will be my first backpack and and huge step up. I really cant wait to receive it and test it out. After about of week of using it I will decide if i want to sell it and get a grip or keep it.. that will be the ultimate test and im pretty excited to see how it performs! kinda disapointed in the storage to be honest because in the youtube video i saw him easily fit a stool then a xl hoodie in the side compartment and i was blown away and i bought one.. and he said that it had 22 promethius in the main compartment while people are saying only fits 16.. well im interested to try this out for myself

Honestly ya got to give it to them for trying... it looks like a great bag and salients first i believe. This bag will be my first backpack and and huge step up. I really cant wait to receive it and test it out. After about of week of using it I will decide if i want to sell it and get a grip or keep it.. that will be the ultimate test and im pretty excited to see how it performs! kinda disapointed in the storage to be honest because in the youtube video i saw him easily fit a stool then a xl hoodie in the side compartment and i was blown away and i bought one.. and he said that it had 22 promethius in the main compartment while people are saying only fits 16.. well im interested to try this out for myself

yeah he did have a hoodie in there but then he took it out and putt the stool. as for the 22, keep in mind those were all drivers, thin low profile discs. the 16 is probably a mix if mids and putters as well. someone carrying majority drivers could probably fit 18 which is what was advertised

yeah he did have a hoodie in there but then he took it out and putt the stool. as for the 22, keep in mind those were all drivers, thin low profile discs. the 16 is probably a mix if mids and putters as well. someone carrying majority drivers could probably fit 18 which is what was advertised

ahh you do have a point and this is true! thanks for feedback

I'm really curious, to know why. just for feedback sake

I've been a fan of this company from the start but its hard not to be cynical at this point. The motto seems to be over promise....delay...under deliver.

Communication is far below par and you seem to be the only one who gives a crap and you don't have all the information on the operation. (Again not your fault).

Before December there really weren't problems in my opinion. However now promises are being broken. Deliveries not being met specifications of the bag not being met. I fear that in a few months there would be a new and improved bag which is the cycle but not if this one has fallen short.

In the last few months, I have ordered items being shipped via UPS and I receive a tracking number and the tracking info never gets posted. One day it is just on my doorstep or a notice has been left for me to go in and sign for it. I am not worried with the shipping. From the sounds of it I should be receiving and antidote with my new bag as well. So I will continue to read this thread and hear what others have to say but will try to keep an open mind.

In the last few months, I have ordered items being shipped via UPS and I receive a tracking number and the tracking info never gets posted. One day it is just on my doorstep or a notice has been left for me to go in and sign for it. I am not worried with the shipping. From the sounds of it I should be receiving and antidote with my new bag as well. So I will continue to read this thread and hear what others have to say but will try to keep an open mind.

yeah Chris reassured me all bags have been shipped EXCEPT for whole sale orders and international buyers, those will be shipped today nzdiscgolfer :), not sure what is going on with the tracking over at ups

Correct. However they released a statement saying that everything has been shipped. Ill wait til the end of the day to make a complete judgement but as of 9am est my package has not been shipped according to ups

Correct, most of bags are not shipped.

Nvm um 473

Note that that's a Salient order number. It includes all the Prometheus order numbers as well. I ordered within a day or two of the bag being available for purchase (I think it was the very first day, honestly) and my order number is in the mid 300s.

I've been a fan of this company from the start but its hard not to be cynical at this point. The motto seems to be over promise....delay...under deliver.

Communication is far below par and you seem to be the only one who gives a crap and you don't have all the information on the operation. (Again not your fault).

Before December there really weren't problems in my opinion. However now promises are being broken. Deliveries not being met specifications of the bag not being met. I fear that in a few months there would be a new and improved bag which is the cycle but not if this one has fallen short.

I agree with all of this.

And if the top pocket was reduced in size at some point, that should have been made well and publicly known, and refunds should have been offered at the time that decision was made.

I like Chris, and think that he's generally a good guy, but to say that he made a typo or something is disingenuous at best, or a simple, plain lie at worst.

And I hate, hate, hate it when people lie. I can understand a lot of things - delays, issues, problems, mistakes - but lying is far and away the worst.

yeah Chris reassured me all bags have been shipped EXCEPT for whole sale orders and international buyers, those will be shipped today nzdiscgolfer :), not sure what is going on with the tracking over at ups

I've never seen UPS behave this way. Never. They make money because this is all automated. You scan a bar code, it registers in the system, and the site is updated. Often when a package is delivered the website is updated in less than a minute, and I get a text in less than five minutes.

stupid question, have you tried forcing it down? tht opening isn't very big but once the object was pushed through to the bottom of the pocket it looks like it could fit

I pushed until the bag felt like it was going to rip, and I didn't want to chance it anymore. It's is extremely tight

I know I have been hard on Salient in the past and honestly I still read this thread constantly and it makes me smile. But in all seriousness people that are complaining don't have a leg to stand on. You bought a pre-release product from a brand new company without seeing or touching the product, because it really hadn't even been made yet. Also that same said company had a long long list of horrible customer service, misrepresentation and under delivering. Seriously what did you expect?

I do find it funny though all of the people that slammed anyone negatively commenting on Salients customer service as it did matter and we were just being trolls. Well I guess now it's pretty clear that we were just trying to be trolls knocking down the gates.

As for the product specifically, what do you expect for a $100 bag? It's a medium backpack, it's midrange quality, it's going to be comparable to anything else in that price range. Did you really expect a top of the line bag for that price? If you did you completely bought into the overhype. As for features that aren't there, once again this is a first run and the prototype bag was just that, a prototype, things were bound to change. But you bought a product sight unseen what did you really expect. I really think this is just a classic case of overmarketing and people expecting waaaaaay to much.

As for DGfanatic, brother you sure have your hands full. I commend you for trying to do your best, and understand it's your job now. But, sadly, I think the root of this problem is the owner of the company and I've been there, even the best sales rep/customer service person can't overcome a defective owner.

Correct, most of bags are not shipped.

Note that that's a Salient order number. It includes all the Prometheus order numbers as well. I ordered within a day or two of the bag being available for purchase (I think it was the very first day, honestly) and my order number is in the mid 300s.

I agree with all of this.

And if the top pocket was reduced in size at some point, that should have been made well and publicly known, and refunds should have been offered at the time that decision was made.

I like Chris, and think that he's generally a good guy, but to say that he made a typo or something is disingenuous at best, or a simple, plain lie at worst.

And I hate, hate, hate it when people lie. I can understand a lot of things - delays, issues, problems, mistakes - but lying is far and away the worst.

I've never seen UPS behave this way. Never. They make money because this is all automated. You scan a bar code, it registers in the system, and the site is updated. Often when a package is delivered the website is updated in less than a minute, and I get a text in less than five minutes.

First let me say this, Chris isn't lying about the shipping. I have talked with him, through text, phone, facebook etc. He wouldn't lie to me let alone his customers. UPS is either affected by the ice storms OR something is up with the automated system. As for the pocket. yes it was mistakenly stated it was a 8x6x6...but you can't tell me that was the ONLY reason for getting the bag. And this statement is only on the DGCR forum. It was not presented in either video like this so i don't see it has mis representation or lying for that matter....In addition to that, im not saying you the customers are lying either. I simply believe this was miscommunication at its worse. And yes im taking the brunt for customer service but someone has to actually do the work, fill the orders, and ship them. I can't do that so this is what i do. I understand yalls frustration i really do, but don't let that pour into the personality or credibility of the owner

I don't want to sound like I'm dissing the bag. Overall I am please with the bag. I knew going into it that this was a lower priced bag, and I was going to get what I paid for. Overall I am happy, I'm just illustrating points that have been brought up and questions that have been asked on here. I don't use a lot of storage, and if you look at a Grip it's hard to fit a hoodie in at as well.

I don't want to sound like I'm dissing the bag. Overall I am please with the bag. I knew going into it that this was a lower priced bag, and I was going to get what I paid for. Overall I am happy, I'm just illustrating points that have been brought up and questions that have been asked on here. I don't use a lot of storage, and if you look at a Grip it's hard to fit a hoodie in at as well.

It doesn't sound like that at all, i sincerely appreciate you sharing your opinions on the bag...I am just really anxious for a previous contender owner like myself to see how these stack up. May not be as big a storage but the contender had a lot of storage i didn't use. If I can get a hoodie into my catalyst, i will be a very happy camper

Status
Not open for further replies.