• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ups's site is messed up, reason i know that is because mine says it's ready for processing and my fiancé just let me know it's at home waiting for me. Super excited to get home.

What is the tracking number on the package itself?

(You're not risking anything by telling us; since the package is delivered, nobody can "cancel shipment" or anything.)

Ups's site is messed up, reason i know that is because mine says it's ready for processing and my fiancé just let me know it's at home waiting for me. Super excited to get home.

That's just what I needed to hear to make this afternoon go by even slower...

so someone commented earlier about folding a jacket up and stuffing it into the side pocket, instead of rolling it like i tried in an earlier picture. I was able to get the jacket to fit in the pocket without any disc in the outer storage pocket. I will say that it was quite snug and took a little forcing to get it in the but I did get one to fit. I personally probably wont try to fit one in there again, but you can possibly fit one in there if you really force it and don't have any disc in the outside storage pocket. sorry for any confusion, I'm just trying different combos of number of disc and stuffing different items into pockets. Just for reference Im carrying 16 drivers (high speed & fairways) in the main compartment, 2 mids in each of the outer side pockets, and 2 putters in the go and get it area.

I also want to reiterate that I am very happy with my purchase. Some things werent quite as I was picturing or expecting, but to me they aren't anything major. I feel like the material is going to be a very durable material, and the bag sits very comfortably on my back. Only time will tell how the bag will hold up, but I think for me it is going to be fine. I hope everyone starts getting their bags soon, because I'd love to hear everyone elses opinions and ideas of the bag.

image.jpg

do you have any pics with the go and get it area velcroed closed with 2 putters inside?? would be curious to see this and what it looks like with your hoodie folded up and put in the side pocket. video shows a xxl hoodie along with a midrange disc in the side pockets

image.jpg

Go and get it area closed with 2 putters inside of it. I also have a small mountain hardware fleece windbreaker in the left hand side pocket. When I put the fleece in though, I do have remove at least one disc in the outer pocket, but it really fits better when no disc are in the outer pocket. All in all, the bag seems to fit everything I personally need to carry. I'm in Georgia, so I typically don't carry a large hoodie or anything like that when I play rounds.

To me the deep side pockets are going to be great for fitting some extra disc in, like my specialty disc that I dont use that often but tstill like to have with me just in case. And then use the other side for small towels and extra scorecards and course maps that I keep on me.

Last edited:
View attachment 43263

Go and get it area closed with 2 putters inside of it. I also have a small mountain hardware fleece windbreaker in the left hand side pocket. When I put the fleece in though, I do have remove at least one disc in the outer pocket, but it really fits better when no disc are in the outer pocket. All in all, the bag seems to fit everything I personally need to carry. I'm in Georgia, so I typically don't carry a large hoodie or anything like that when I play rounds.

To me the deep side pockets are going to be great for fitting some extra disc in, like my specialty disc that I dont use that often but tstill like to have with me just in case. And then use the other side for small towels and extra scorecards and course maps that I keep on me.

cool thanks a lot for the pic!! sounds like you are enjoying it so far.:thmbup:

cool thanks a lot for the pic!! sounds like you are enjoying it so far.:thmbup:

Yeah I like the bag! Cant wait to get it out on the course today and see how it really performs. I think the only test left for me, is to see how well it holds up over time. It feels solid, and not like a cheaply made bag, but only time will tell.

Can anyone who has both a GripA series and a catalyst in front of them compare the size of the long side pockets on each. The big sale for me on this bag was being able to put a jacket or hoodie in the side pocket in winter, extra beer in summer. I only need to carry about 14 discs, but the jacket is essential.

I'm not sure what it is about disc golf companies - maybe it is all companies in general, but in our little bubble here, upstart DG brands tend to stand out - but by and large, communication is a huge problem.

This situation with delays and production tweaks and limited information being given - and when it is given, being done so in a terse, frustrated fashion - reminds me a lot of the Big Hyzer Ergo preorder. I was one of those who took the leap of faith and ordered a bag without putting my hands on it, and it was delayed numerous times. Getting information out of the company was a chore, to say the least, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Unfortunately, with preorders being the name of the game, it is the risk consumers take. But I will also say that, in these two cases at least, the companies have taken the consumers for granted and treated them like they were collateral damage more than the company's life force.

Woohoo! Did you hear that mr buttlertron? The race starts today. :):thmbup:

Not likely boyo, I just got an email from Salient saying that UPS doesn't recognize my APO address, which is funny because Salient reassured me this wouldn't be a problem months ago, when they took my money.

image.jpg

Got to play 9 holes today with the bag. The bag did great, comfortable to wear, easy enough to get disc in and out, and very stable when set on uneven terrain. I really enjoyed playing a round with this bag today. The attached pic shows the bag full of about 23 disc total, and it's sitting on the side of a pretty good slope. Can't wait to play a few more rounds with this bag

Got to play 9 holes today with the bag. The bag did great, comfortable to wear, easy enough to get disc in and out, and very stable when set on uneven terrain. I really enjoyed playing a round with this bag today. The attached pic shows the bag full of about 23 disc total, and it's sitting on the side of a pretty good slope. Can't wait to play a few more rounds with this bag

Can you speak to how easy it is to get discs (particularly mids or other firmer, larger discs) out from the edges of the main compartment with the bag packed reasonably full (not jamming them in, but not with a ton of wiggle room, either)?

One of the things I don't like about my Grip L is that discs on the edges often have to be bent to pull them out, and even then it's tougher than I'd like.

Can you speak to how easy it is to get discs (particularly mids or other firmer, larger discs) out from the edges of the main compartment with the bag packed reasonably full (not jamming them in, but not with a ton of wiggle room, either)?

One of the things I don't like about my Grip L is that discs on the edges often have to be bent to pull them out, and even then it's tougher than I'd like.

It's not bad at all. Doesn't take to much to get disc out. I have nothing but drivers and fairway drivers in my main compartment. I do have one putter I don't use that much in there as well, a total of 17 disc in the main compartment. The discs on the very end are a little bit harder to pull out, but i definitely didn't have to bend them to get them out. I feel it's just the right amount of force to pull disc out, any looser and if the bag tipped over, you could potentially spill disc all over the place.

It's not bad at all. Doesn't take to much to get disc out. I have nothing but drivers and fairway drivers in my main compartment. I do have one putter I don't use that much in there as well, a total of 17 disc in the main compartment. The discs on the very end are a little bit harder to pull out, but i definitely didn't have to bend them to get them out. I feel it's just the right amount of force to pull disc out, any looser and if the bag tipped over, you could potentially spill disc all over the place.

Good to know you are enjoying much more than your initial impressions :)

Good to know you are enjoying much more than your initial impressions :)

I didn't mean for my first impressions to sound negative, it was just a few features weren't quite what I was expecting, but they were minor things to me. Most important thing to me is how comfortable and durable it is. It's a comfortable bag, now time will tell how well it will hold up. In my opinion, I think it will do fine, it feels like a good quality material.

I didn't mean for my first impressions to sound negative, it was just a few features weren't quite what I was expecting, but they were minor things to me. Most important thing to me is how comfortable and durable it is. It's a comfortable bag, now time will tell how well it will hold up. In my opinion, I think it will do fine, it feels like a good quality material.

haha not saying that you sounded negative, just the thing about the go get it flap, the side storage, things like that..actually my brain is just about fried from finals, im not really sure what i am saying anymore lol

haha not saying that you sounded negative, just the thing about the go get it flap, the side storage, things like that..actually my brain is just about fried from finals, im not really sure what i am saying anymore lol

Yeah things were coming at me so fast yesterday, and I just wanted to inform folks of my first observations. As long as people understand that the bag has limitations, as all disc golf backpacks do it seems like unless you spend a lot more money to get a mahal, prodiscus, or custom no excuses bag, I think they will really enjoy the bag. It's tight in some areas, but I think people will find ways to fit in what they really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts