• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
My money is on Silpae. Which is Korean for failure.

Well played sir, well played.

And I am sure that will be the most customer focused, technologically advanced company ever that will ever exist. Their bags will be a light as a feather and hold 172 discs, their discs will fly twice as far because of rotational techniques that we mere mortals don't have the brain power to understand and their shoes will make you run like a Olympian, throw farther then ever and lose weight all while being the most hideous shoes ever seen by mankind.

Y'all troll FB worse than hippies engineer.

You got banned? You can still Share posts including your own caption. That can't be blocked. It's a horrible loophole in Page Admin. Your Share and its text will be permanently attached to the post, unremovable except by you.

You know, I know no one ever tried to say that DGCR is the center of the disc golf world or anything crazy like that, but is there anywhere else w/nearly as active a forum about DG? Serious question, b/c I would be fine w/reading more stuff :) DGR is practically dead based on traffic I have seen over there lately.

You got banned? You can still Share posts including your own caption. That can't be blocked. It's a horrible loophole in Page Admin. Your Share and its text will be permanently attached to the post, unremovable except by you.

^Evil Genius.

Moohahahaha!

:clap: +1

Just gotta say, I believe they shipped most bags last week. I didn't expect mine shipped last week but they finally got me a tracking # and it was prepared on Thursday the 5th and got its origin scan on Friday the 6th. I was order #497 to give you a reference point. Won't have my bag til Friday (California) but happy they responded at the very least

well i preordered mine and i got the same prepared on the 5th but mine was never scanned. UPS is my #1 option to ship, i have used them for over 15 years and NEVER has a label not been scanned at a facility. And on the rare occasion that my package was to be late due to weather my distributors would email me informing me of such delay and it was always only 1 day.

i also watched the FB fiasco happen live, i've been checking it near every hour for updates on the bag. Since i found this forum i have also read dang near every post, and i can say that my email response for the shipping question wasn't answered because i asked a direct question about it. i will share it.

"I got my ups tracking email on the 5th (thurs) but it hasn't shown up in the ups database? are they still at the warehouse to be picked up? I saw this post "What happened was most people that ordered a bag it was shipped out friday...if your bag wasn't shipped out then you are getting the new antidote mid range and your package will be shipped out monday"

was mine of of the ones shipped or just my label made to get me all giddy for my bag and its still not packed and shipped? Its a sneaky trick that I have done and had done to me back when i would do a lot of online business. I got all giddy because the hope of the driver instead of the mid for my disc.

some clarity would be greatly appreciated"

and here was my reply

"You will receive antidote. All pre-orders before oct 15th will."

So if you were me reading this, how would you take it?

You would think they'd at least have some cut-n-paste apology about the delay that they could throw in there to make you feel like more than Order #453...

All this talk about UPS/USPS being backed up thats BULL$hit. I've shipped and received many packages over the last two weeks. Everything has been on time. EVERYTHING. UPS has even been early a couple times. Are they busy? Of course. Its not like this is their first Christmas though. They hire lots of temp help just like nay other retail business.

wow they sure seem to be catching a lot of flak, although it's clear the amount of frustration some are experiencing is almost like salient is giving them a spinal tap. i think half of the problem is that salient just seems to be sitting back in their mahal and letting all of the serfs drown in their misery without any explanation or service, ergo all of the people losing their patience and acting like gorilla boys on the forums and facebook. if only there was some kind of organization of rangers or police that could help rectify these situations. one thing is for sure if salient doesn't correct their ways they certainly won't be a contender.

Oh get a grip!

You should be embarrassed by your PR. Please believe you lost MANY potential customers. And just so your clear, no one but you thinks a bag is "shipped" by printing off a label. It actually has to be delivered into a mail delivery system.

LMAO. Thats what i posted on their FB. It was deleted in about 10 minutes. Whats funny is they haven't deleted the guy's post above me. Which is awesome. Look what Juan wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/SalientDiscGolf?ref=br_tf

All this talk about UPS/USPS being backed up thats BULL$hit. I've shipped and received many packages over the last two weeks. Everything has been on time. EVERYTHING. UPS has even been early a couple times. Are they busy? Of course. Its not like this is their first Christmas though. They hire lots of temp help just like nay other retail business.

That's what I'm saying.

Ya gotta screenshot these things. I got it before it was deleted.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 6.56.21 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 6.56.21 PM.PNG
    88.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
OH jeez. I have no dog in this fight but it gets better. I thought they were all shipped on Friday OR Monday? I guess after deleting my post they sent me this. I guess steve is running the FB page.

Steve Boucher said:
Jeff, we printed the shipping labels and shipped all the bags by Tuesday. We had no expectation that printing = shipping. It is not possible however to ship without printing. As for losing customers, we shipped extremely fast, all within days of getting the bags here at our location. We have been very open with status of the deliveries to us. We do not however control UPS and their schedule. If you have a specific question for us, email us and we will gladly respond via phone or email. We will not handle customer issues in an open forum as I have stated. Best regards.

Ps If you would like to have a candid and private conversation on customer service, I welcome that. Send your contact # in an email and we'll talk.

OH jeez. I have no dog in this fight but it gets better. I thought they were all shipped on Friday OR Monday? I guess after deleting my post they sent me this. I guess steve is running the FB page.

They must think that tomorrow is Tuesday.

People here with insight into hundreds of active UPS shipments are telling you guys that UPS has been FUBAR since the storm. Check your sample size. This has been a major disruption to business, it's not BS. Granted, it's been horribly messaged on Salient's end like everything else. I've been launching promos with "barring any arrival delays" precautionary language since before the delays started.

Why does DN have Champ Atlas, but not the Nova? Why do we have custom (aka blank) Glow Volts, but no stock stamps? Because those shipments have both been separated and delayed by a week. Those were mutliple-box-spanning shipments that got split up, some boxes arriving a week before the others. Explain how we're imagining all this.

People here with insight into hundreds of active UPS shipments are telling you guys that UPS has been FUBAR since the storm. Check your sample size. This has been a major disruption to business, it's not BS. Granted, it's been horribly messaged on Salient's end like everything else. I've been launching promos with "barring any arrival delays" precautionary language since before the delays started.

Why does DN have Champ Atlas, but not the Nova? Why do we have custom (aka blank) Glow Volts, but no stock stamps? Because those shipments have both been separated and delayed by a week. Those were mutliple-box-spanning shipments that got split up, some boxes arriving a week before the others. Explain how we're imagining all this.

I don't think anyone is blaming Salient for shipping delays, they are frustrated with miscommunications bordering on outright lying, blaming everyone else for the problems instead of owning up to anything, and mostly treating customers like they are an annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts