• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all the discs were ready when they received the bags from manufacturing? Then why did they send out all the post pre-orders first and not the preorder customers? That doesn't make sense.

B/c when you are skipping quality inspections who wants to take the time to shove a disc inside when they can just toss a label on the box and re-ship it? Besides that way they can say that SOME bags went out immediately. :)

DJ>Yes they have the right to keep their wall tidy if they want, however, when it leads to people cut n pasting what they wrote, ranting about how they were censored by Salient and linking back to this toxic waste of a thread...yeah it doesn't really help. Controlling the message is important and I agree that people should be using the direct line of email or whatever instead of posting questions and concerns on a forum and expecting action as a result.

Part of the problem here tho is that when Chris did come to DGCR to announce the company and pimp things out, he also ruffled some feathers w/the kind of statements he made and it didn't seem like he was really thinking about what his posting might do to how his company was viewed.

I was one of many who was told I would be receiving a Prometheus in the 2nd round of testing, but someone said that at some point he ragequit DGCR and I was unaware of that so any followup messages I left him here (b/c this was the only place I had been corresponding w/him) were never responded to. I know, things change, maybe they decided not to do as much testing in the 2nd round. Maybe he just forgot about some of us b/c he was trying to avoid DGCR. I don't know. It was annoying b/c I was curious about the discs and interested in the shoes and I had my hat thrown in for testing those too, so to just get stone silence it was kind of irritating.

I'm mostly in this thread to keep tabs on the situation in general and b/c I would like to eventually see reviews of the bag, but thinking that just deleting posts off of FB and avoiding DGCR will stem the tide of bad publicity is foolish. Chris would have been far better off if he had shown up on DGCR, made his announcement post and then just showed up every now and again to mention beta testing or to give product updates. Spell out in the first message that the account will receive minimal usage and will only be for dissemination of information and arranging beta testing. A lot of the issues folks have w/Salient would have never happened if that was the case.

Altho some backpacks would probably still be strapless :)

Salient Discs = Fox News.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm leaning more towards the "haters" (for lack of a better term) on this thread being the Fox News correspondents. That thought crossed my mind 50+ pages ago.

I love disc golf and support the game in whatever way I can. This thread is kind of an embarrassing representation of the sport. This is a public forum and I understand that, but the pile on here is sad.

My bag arrives next week. I'm excited! I'm disappointed that the top storage space is smaller than stated here many moons ago, but its not a deal breaker for me. I've been patient with the delivery from the start and will continue to be so.

I'm also excited to see some actual reviews of the bag.

Feel free to pick this post apart at your leisure.

My bag is out for delivery, should have it when I get home from work and hopefully nothing is wrong with it... keeping the fingers crossed so I can try it out at Black Butte tomorrow...

I could see that with the other thread. But with this one, I think people have tried to be a bit more civil.

And honestly, I think people could have dealt with some issues. But Salient is just blowing up internally. They're silencing people. It takes them a day to realized that a customer shouldn't have to pay to send back his unfinished bag. They blame DGFanatic for their faults.

Anyone in opposition to them, they push down. They don't listen to them. They don't try to make it right or to make their company better for it. They just assume that everyone, except themselves, just "doesn't get it."

It's like when Bill O'Reilly said he doesn't tell people to "Shut up." And then this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNl6-j9x5w

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm leaning more towards the "haters" (for lack of a better term) on this thread being the Fox News correspondents. That thought crossed my mind 50+ pages ago.

I love disc golf and support the game in whatever way I can. This thread is kind of an embarrassing representation of the sport. This is a public forum and I understand that, but the pile on here is sad.
I'm disappointed that the top storage space is smaller than stated here many moons ago, but its not a deal breaker for me. I've been patient with the delivery from the start and will continue to be so.

some people are apparently ok with being lied too, not receiving timely answers, and receiving sub-par products that they have no ability to return. to each their own i guess.

My bag is out for delivery, should have it when I get home from work and hopefully nothing is wrong with it... keeping the fingers crossed so I can try it out at Black Butte tomorrow...

I'll be there. I'd like to check it out!

I think all the actual customers, Happy or not, should get a group together, moderated of course.

and let the haters have this game of ookie cookie by themselves.

some people are apparently ok with being lied too, not receiving timely answers, and receiving sub-par products that they have no ability to return. to each their own i guess.

I've received prompt responses from Salient on all of my inquires and, though I can't say for sure until next week, I'm confident that the bag will be what I expected in terms of its quality. I placed my order with the understanding that refunds would not be taken on the preorders. The "lie", like I stated, is unfortunate, but not the end of the world…it's a disc golf bag.

My bag (and Antidote) arrived - any photo requests or questions?

What are your first impressions of the bag?

well, in the public forum, that aint happening. too many people hate to give anything new a chance. especially if they dont have one or arent in the market for it. so start a group, and invite people or put up the link here. i would just not let in any of the DB's who continue to beat a dead horse. I would let iacas in tho. because his distaste is warranted and he is a customer. the rest can stay here and do stuff.

I've received prompt responses from Salient on all of my inquires and, though I can't say for sure until next week, I'm confident that the bag will be what I expected in terms of its quality. I placed my order with the understanding that refunds would not be taken on the preorders. The "lie", like I stated, is unfortunate, but not the end of the world…it's a disc golf bag.

Dude.

Even if it's a cup of coffee, you do not lie to your customers. However inconsequential things might seem, lying to customers is not okay.

Pretty nice.

My straps are secured so thats good :thmbup:

The bag feels very solid and well built. The seems feel nice and tight and the overall construction is crisp.

The next spot I looked was the upper storage. There is definitely some unused space up there. I would estimate that it could fit about 3 500ml water bottles in there stacked on their side. I think that a little ingenuity could make access fairly easy.

^^^
This is an oversite by Salient, not a huge deal for me

The go-get it section works ok. The liner is velcroed in - It is a bit stiff and tight now, but seems like it will loosen up after a little use. I'm not sure how I'll best use the divider - it seems like I could either stack 2 discs together or use the divider as shown on their demo vids.

The side pockets are about the size that I was anticipating. I would see no problem stuffing in a thin-medium thick layer of clothing if needed

Last edited:
I'm not saying it is.

You are.

In asking people to "get over it" due to its inconsequential nature, you imply a level of allowance within the lie. That the lie is okay because you don't think it's a big deal, so no one else should either. If you didn't think it was okay to lie to customers, you would not make comments like you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.