• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Who will I recieve a tracking number from if I ordered through the salient site?

You should receive a tracking number by email however if you don't your bag will still be delivered this week. If you don't see one by tomorrow night let me know and I will see about getting you one.

With that said guys all preorders have been filled and all orders up until Aug. 5th. Any orders placed after 8/5 will be filled when the big shipment comes in late September. Thank you everyone for your continued support.

I personally love my helix bag. Played about 5 rounds worth today and have No complaints. This is a great bag and Everton who doesn't have there should be patient it will be worth it

Looks like I got lucky! I emailed Hillary and she sent me the tracking number. It is scheduled for delivery today!

Hillary has responded to all emails she received for shipping up to 5pm today. She will respond in the a.m. to all other requests. Thanks

My helix should be here this afternoon. When I get home I will do a full unboxing and review prior to putting it through a round. I have a tournament next weekend and this will be a perfect test as we have three rounds in two days on lots of various terrain. I'm stoked! Patience pays off, so be grateful it's coming and enjoy it when it gets there!

The DNA will go great with my math MVP and AXIOM plastic.

I e-mailed Hillary a tad late last night and got a prompt response this morning with a tracking #. Turns out my bag was on the truck to be delivered today. It got here this afternoon and I immediately loaded it up for a quick first impression review. I unfortunately just got back from playing so the battle test review will have to come later.

First things first, this bag is gorgeous. I got the blue, like seemingly every other customer did. I won't bother with a picture unless you guys insist. The new logos look great, the color is awesome, and it just looks well-made. The rain fly color seems a tad lighter blue, with aqua-ish piping.

The first thing I did was test all the zippers and see what the pockets were like. All of the zippers are the bigger YKK zippers that open and close super-smoothly. Both long side pocket are pretty daggum big. I don't wear hoodies, but one of the side pockets swallowed a Nike 1/4 zip pullover and had more room to spare. A hoodie would fit with no problems. There are all kinds of pencil holders, cell phone pockets, key clip, etc in the side pockets. The top pocket has a felt lined compartment and a rain fly pocket.

The "go get it" pocket is something I've never had on a bag before. I'm gonna have to do some play-testing with it to see where to balance the use of it versus whether it interferes with the space of the main disc storage area. As of right now I have three putters and a mid in those slots and I don't think it will present any problems.

The main disc storage is also new to me- this is my first backpack style bag. In my excitement I took a huge stack of discs and just started stuffing it. When I was done I had 15 drivers, 6 mids, and 3 putters in the main space. That's 24 discs, and I in no way tried to group them or maximize any space, besides turning them all the same way. There is still quite a bit of space/play to add discs or just have an easy time pulling them out. Ok, I just decided to stuff it to the gills. I got 3 more drivers in the main space, one perpendicular to those still in the main space, and two in the outer little pocket with the main logo on it. So that is a total of 33 discs (counting the 4 in the "go get it" slot) if you desire that many discs. I like to have a lot of disc choices, and this bag succeeds in giving me more room than I need!

The bag is quite comfortable to carry using the handle, and the weight of all those discs is distributed pretty good. I've only walked around the house with it, but it seems like it will perform very well on a comfort level.

I can't wait to play a round with it. That will have to wait until Monday. I'll post a follow up after I get to use it.

I e-mailed Hillary a tad late last night and got a prompt response this morning with a tracking #. Turns out my bag was on the truck to be delivered today. It got here this afternoon and I immediately loaded it up for a quick first impression review. I unfortunately just got back from playing so the battle test review will have to come later.

First things first, this bag is gorgeous. I got the blue, like seemingly every other customer did. I won't bother with a picture unless you guys insist. The new logos look great, the color is awesome, and it just looks well-made. The rain fly color seems a tad lighter blue, with aqua-ish piping.

The first thing I did was test all the zippers and see what the pockets were like. All of the zippers are the bigger YKK zippers that open and close super-smoothly. Both long side pocket are pretty daggum big. I don't wear hoodies, but one of the side pockets swallowed a Nike 1/4 zip pullover and had more room to spare. A hoodie would fit with no problems. There are all kinds of pencil holders, cell phone pockets, key clip, etc in the side pockets. The top pocket has a felt lined compartment and a rain fly pocket.

The "go get it" pocket is something I've never had on a bag before. I'm gonna have to do some play-testing with it to see where to balance the use of it versus whether it interferes with the space of the main disc storage area. As of right now I have three putters and a mid in those slots and I don't think it will present any problems.

The main disc storage is also new to me- this is my first backpack style bag. In my excitement I took a huge stack of discs and just started stuffing it. When I was done I had 15 drivers, 6 mids, and 3 putters in the main space. That's 24 discs, and I in no way tried to group them or maximize any space, besides turning them all the same way. There is still quite a bit of space/play to add discs or just have an easy time pulling them out. Ok, I just decided to stuff it to the gills. I got 3 more drivers in the main space, one perpendicular to those still in the main space, and two in the outer little pocket with the main logo on it. So that is a total of 33 discs (counting the 4 in the "go get it" slot) if you desire that many discs. I like to have a lot of disc choices, and this bag succeeds in giving me more room than I need!

The bag is quite comfortable to carry using the handle, and the weight of all those discs is distributed pretty good. I've only walked around the house with it, but it seems like it will perform very well on a comfort level.

I can't wait to play a round with it. That will have to wait until Monday. I'll post a follow up after I get to use it.

I would like pictures.

I got the Blue and black as well. :thmbup:

First off the bag is built like a tank. I went from an Innova comp bag to this. The fabric is noticeably thicker and more durable.

This is it "fully loaded". I have 17 in the bottom and 2 in the go get it. It can hold MUCH more.

This is it empty:

3-rail system. This thing is stable on the ground:

These grommets that hold the rails on: