• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Where did you see this?
Any additional info?

Hillary had a number of idividuals ask about not offering a warranty for a lesser price therefore we decided to offer a limited warranty for customers that only covers the stitching on the straps and allows a free repair if the item does become damaged due to the stitching. Knock on wood no issues yet in that department but it gives the purchaser a little security when ordering a bag without the lifetime warranty.

nice review. definitely looks like a great bag, prob represents the best bang for the buck for a large bag. if i ever start carrying more than 22 discs, i'm definitely gonna have to cop one of these. that said, carrying 20 or more discs, even with backups, already feels like too much for me.

my only true criticism for the bag is the go-get-it slot. conceptually, i think it's a good idea - kind of like salient's version of the quiver pocket. but, i think it would be better if they did away with the insert all together and made the slot less wide or found some other way for the discs to fit more snugly in there instead of them flopping around in there all loosely. the way they look in the 4:29 mark just makes it look messy. I can understand the logic behind how it is, as it gives people an option and more disc storage, but not a huge fan of how discs arrange in there or even the look of the slot insert. otherwise, looks pretty dope.

Maybe something like this? I found this in my store (PIAS) it looks like it came from some sort of Disc Golf bag, maybe not. It's just a little accordion style slot, with Velcro on the top and bottom. Fits perfectly in the GGIS, and separates each disc. I wish I knew what it was or where it came from because it's awesome, and I can now for 1 more disc in the GGIS

that actually looks significantly better than the stock insert. are you still able to zip up the slot?

Totally, I just played a round with it, and it is so awesome. Way better than the normal insert. I'm so lucky I found it. I just wish I knew what it was so I could share it. It is SO perfect.

SALIENT take notes! This is how the next GGIS should be.
The coolest thing is that because it's like an accordion, when I take a disc out it just collapses, so if I only wanted 3-4 up there, it doesn't take up any more room.

I'm going to redo the Velcro so it lines up with the slot, right now it has Velcro, but it runs perpendicular.

Totally, I just played a round with it, and it is so awesome. Way better than the normal insert. I'm so lucky I found it. I just wish I knew what it was so I could share it. It is SO perfect.

SALIENT take notes! This is how the next GGIS should be.
The coolest thing is that because it's like an accordion, when I take a disc out it just collapses, so if I only wanted 3-4 up there, it doesn't take up any more room.

I'm going to redo the Velcro so it lines up with the slot, right now it has Velcro, but it runs perpendicular.

Not trying to ruin the Holy Grail thing for you here, but I'm pretty sure it's just an Innova 6-Disc Accordion Insert. :)

That makes sense. I just found it in the toolbox at Play it Again where I work. That's totally what it is, just googled it. Awesome.

Now people know how to get one. Totally worth it. I'm pretty stoked about it.

Discnation, the same distributed who sells the Helix bag carries them, but doesn't have them in stock.

How lucky am I, I just found it randomly when I was looking for a socket to fix a skateboard.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I just found it in the toolbox at Play it Again where I work. That's totally what it is, just googled it. Awesome.

Now people know how to get one. Totally worth it. I'm pretty stoked about it.

Discnation, the same distributed who sells the Helix bag carries them, but doesn't have them in stock.

How lucky am I, I just found it randomly when I was looking for a socket to fix a skateboard.

:hfive:

I didn't realize that they're getting harder to find. Nice score.

2014-10-09-18-44-20_zpsjlxsxhdt.png

if you haven't bought one, this should REALLY push you to make the purchase!

who wouldn't want to support this guy?

2014-10-09-18-44-20_zpsjlxsxhdt.png

if you haven't bought one, this should REALLY push you to make the purchase!

who wouldn't want to support this guy?

You have zero clue the context of this post. What was being said was completely out of line, way way out of line.

Salient Helix Out and about, or something along those lines. Top notch customer service if you ask me.

Out of context? Tell me where it's acceptable for the OWNER of the company to respond in such a way, and have it reflect positively. I'll wait....

:popcorn:

Salient Helix Out and about, or something along those lines. Top notch customer service if you ask me.

Out of context? Tell me where it's acceptable for the OWNER of the company to respond in such a way, and have it reflect positively. I'll wait....

I'll let Chris decide what to divulge, but this guy was going on multiple dg bag reviews and spamming hate, including incredibly foul language and completely inappropriate phrases. It got very bad, As much as Chris should've kept his post quiet, any man would been seriously mad at the personal attacks.

That's all you need to know. But if you want to simply judge him on this one post, that's your prerogative.

Context is everything.

Number 1 the person I was referring to was the same guy who posted on here and was banned. Secondly we have a court order against him for threats to Hillary about rape.

Way to go Bender Stop trying to start stuff you have no idea about.

Mods may want to delete this because it's about to get real.

meh, his post history is less than stellar.

edit: ^Chris stop while you are ahead.

Last edited:
Glide did not receive an unfinished bag. They received a bag that had a a small tear which was missed by the same company that handles QC for Grip. That is not a Salient issue. The bag was refunded no questions asked and was never sent to a customer btw. The only issue we have seen is from a second hand owner which again Hillary fixed.

Hi guys. Mike here. Owner of Glide.

One of the bags we received had a small defect. I would not call it a small tear as much as a small spot where the bag was not stitched properly.

When sent Salient a photo and they quickly addressed it.

Latest posts